What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (14 Viewers)

Claude North

Second Unit
Coming July 26th on 4KUHD!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-killing-4kuhd-4k-uhd

The Killing (1956)
• Brand New Dolby Vision HDR Master – From 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Author/Film Historian Alan K. Rode
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Optional English Subtitles

The Killing is tough, taut, tense—and one of the greatest crime thrillers ever made. With fascinating detail, legendary filmmaker Stanley Kubrick (2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange) lays bare the inner workings of a bold racetrack robbery. Among the crooks are Sterling Hayden (The Asphalt Jungle, Naked Alibi) as the deadly cool mastermind, Elisha Cook Jr. (The Maltese Falcon) as a shy teller and Timothy Carey (Paths of Glory) as a puppy-loving sharpshooter. The plan is set. Nothing can go wrong. Or can it? With co-writer Jim Thompson (The Getaway) and cinematographer Lucien Ballard (The Wild Bunch), Kubrick pieces events and characters’ points of view into a stunning jigsaw puzzle of the almost perfect heist. Also starring Coleen Gray (Nightmare Alley), Vince Edwards (The Devil’s Brigade), Jay C. Flippen (The Wild One), Ted de Corsia (The Lady from Shanghai), Marie Windsor (The Narrow Margin) and Joe Turkel (The Shining), The Killing electrifies with an innovation and intensity found only in the best film noir classics.

View attachment 137914
Really, KLSC -- I have to buy groceries...

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 2nd from Scorpion Releasing & Kino Lorber!

High Desert Kill (1989)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Includes Both the 1.33:1 and 1.78:1 Versions of the Film

Color 92 Minutes 1.33:1 | 1.78:1 Rated PG-13
Marc Singer (The Beastmaster), Anthony Geary (UHF) and Micah Grant (Waxwork) star as three hunters who become the hunted in this riveting sci-fi/horror adventure set in the Badlands of New Mexico. Three friends embark on a hunting expedition and meet a grizzled mountain man (the great Chuck Connors, TV’s The Rifleman and Branded) who tells them that something has scared away all the animals in the region. As they find themselves reverting to primitive and bizarre behavior, the men soon discover they are being manipulated in cruel experiments for a bloodthirsty alien force. Their only hope for survival is to unite against the extraterrestrial in this haunting made-for-cable chiller.

HDK_BD.jpg

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
HIGH DESERT KILL is one I'd never heard of. But after reading the reviews on IMDb, I think I'll have to add it to my Wait For The Next Sale List.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 9th from CODE RED & Kino Lorber!

Maid in Sweden (1971)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 80 Minutes 1.66:1 Rated R
Cult-film starlet Christina Lindberg (Thriller: A Cruel Picture, Anita: Swedish Nymphet) shines in this erotic coming-of-age story. When young Inga (Lindberg), a country milkmaid, visits her emancipated libertine sister in the big city of Stockholm, her innocence shatters. Possessing a luminous beauty and the proclivity to disrobe at the drop of a hat, she discovers sex for the first time and is forever changed by the harshness of her exposure to life. Some girls only dream about it…but Inga makes her deep sexual dreams come true in this steamy ’70s classic now in eye-popping HD!

MaidSweden_BD.jpg

Santee7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kirk
Great titles have been added which I previously bought. I hope they are included because KINO's license is expiring and not because they weren't selling. Can't get enough of classic films.
thanks for heads up, pulled out the wallet, gotta get these now many thanks

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

A Dandy in Aspic (1968)
Starring Laurence Harvey, Mia Farrow, Tom Courtney, Harry Andrews, Peter Cook, Lionel Stander, Per Oscarsson & Calvin Lockhart – Shot by Christopher Challis (Arabesque) – Music by Quincy Jones (The Getaway) – Written by Derek Marlowe (The Disappearance) – Directed by Anthony Mann (The Naked Spur, The Heroes of Telemark) & Lawrence Harvey (Welcome to Arrow Beach).

1652540479396.png

Claude North

Second Unit
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

A Dandy in Aspic (1968)
Starring Laurence Harvey, Mia Farrow, Tom Courtney, Harry Andrews, Peter Cook, Lionel Stander, Per Oscarsson & Calvin Lockhart – Shot by Christopher Challis (Arabesque) – Music by Quincy Jones (The Getaway) – Written by Derek Marlowe (The Disappearance) – Directed by Anthony Mann (The Naked Spur, The Heroes of Telemark) & Lawrence Harvey (Welcome to Arrow Beach).

View attachment 138466
Years ago, I was on the lookout for this, but it fell off my radar. Thanks for yet another great release!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Coming August 9th from CODE RED & Kino Lorber!

Maid in Sweden (1979)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 80 Minutes 1.66:1 Rated R
Cult-film starlet Christina Lindberg (Thriller: A Cruel Picture, Anita: Swedish Nymphet) shines in this erotic coming-of-age story. When young Inga (Lindberg), a country milkmaid, visits her emancipated libertine sister in the big city of Stockholm, her innocence shatters. Possessing a luminous beauty and the proclivity to disrobe at the drop of a hat, she discovers sex for the first time and is forever changed by the harshness of her exposure to life. Some girls only dream about it…but Inga makes her deep sexual dreams come true in this steamy ’70s classic now in eye-popping HD!

View attachment 138234
I let this go for 3 days...though someone else would have commented by now, that never happened. I have to state that there is an obvious mistake, the film is from 1971 not 1979, Ms. Lindberg's only film from 1979 is "There Is a Sunrise Every Morning" which has never had a release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I let this go for 3 days...though someone else would have commented by now, that never happened. I have to state that there is an obvious mistake, the film is from 1971 not 1979, Ms. Lindberg's only film from 1979 is "There Is a Sunrise Every Morning" which has never had a release.
It was a typo as indicated by the release info from the first page of this thread:

August 9th
Little Man, What Now (1934) Brand New 2K Masters by KL
Next Time We Love (1936) Brand New 2K Masters by KL
Maid in Sweden (1971) New 2K Master - KL/Code Red Co-Release

Looks like the same typo is in their FB announcement where a couple of people pointed out the correct release year. We all make mistakes.:D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Master by MGM!
Featuring the Creations of Jim Henson!

Dreamchild (1985)
Starring Ian Holm, Coral Browne, Peter Gallagher, Jane Asher, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Amelia Shankley & the Voices of Julie Walters, Fulton Mackay, Alan Bennett, Tony Haygarth, Steve Whitmire & Frank Middlemass – Shot by Billy Williams (The Silent Partner, Gandhi) – Music by Stanley Myers (The Deer Hunter, The Witches) – Written by Dennis Potter (Pennies from Heaven, Gorky Park) – Directed by Gavin Millar (Secrets).

1652626859225.png

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
It was a typo as indicated by the release info from the first page of this thread:

August 9th
Little Man, What Now (1934) Brand New 2K Masters by KL
Next Time We Love (1936) Brand New 2K Masters by KL
Maid in Sweden (1971) New 2K Master - KL/Code Red Co-Release

Looks like the same typo is in their FB announcement where a couple of people pointed out the correct release year. We all make mistakes.:D
Yeah I know, sometimes it's as simple as getting out of bed that day :D

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Dreamchild (1985)
Starring Ian Holm, Coral Browne, Peter Gallagher, Jane Asher, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Amelia Shankley & the Voices of Julie Walters, Fulton Mackay, Alan Bennett, Tony Haygarth, Steve Whitmire & Frank Middlemass – Shot by Billy Williams (The Silent Partner, Gandhi) – Music by Stanley Myers (The Deer Hunter, The Witches) – Written by Dennis Potter (Pennies from Heaven, Gorky Park) – Directed by Gavin Millar (Secrets).

View attachment 138518
Finally! I've been hoping for this one for quite awhile. A remarkable film.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Dreamchild (1985)

View attachment 138518
Kino, you amaze me. I thought everyone had forgotten this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks