What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (12 Viewers)

Richard M S

Supporting Actor
Coming Soon!
Brand New 2K Master!

My Man Godfrey (1957) Starring David Niven, June Allyson, Eva Gabor & Martha Hyer – Shot by William H. Daniels (The Naked City, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Von Ryan Express) – Music by Frank Skinner (Back Street, The Lady Gambles, Bright Victory) – Directed by Henry Koster (The Bishop’s Wife, No Highway in the Sky, Flower Drum Song).

View attachment 136903

Wow! This is a film I was always curious about but never even came across.
In my experience, the shall-we-say "less acclaimed films" of the 1940's and 1950's have never disappointed me, so this is an must-buy!

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Coming July 26th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/time-out-of-mind-blu-ray

TIME OUT OF MIND (1947)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Kat Ellinger
• Trailers
• Optional English Subtitles

B&W 88 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Robert Siodmak, the brilliant director of The Suspect, The Spiral Staircase, The Killers, Cry of the City, Criss Cross and Deported, comes this lush, noir-tinged melodrama set in 19th-century New England. Phyllis Calvert (The Man in Grey, Indiscreet) is young housekeeper Kate Fernald, who falls in love with Christopher Fortune, played by Robert Hutton (The Steel Helmet, They Came from Beyond Space). Christopher is a wealthy ship captain’s son who would rather study music than the sea. Aware that their union is not to be, Kate renounces her true love and encourages him to wed someone from his own social class. As the years go by, Kate is the mute witness to Christopher’s frustration and unhappiness, culminating in a fatal bout with alcohol. Ella Raines (Phantom Lady, The Web) is stunning as Christopher’s “sensible” sister Rissa, while Eddie Albert (Attack), Leo G. Carroll (Spellbound), Helena Carter (Invaders from Mars) and John Abbott (Gambit) also give stellar performances in this sumptuous adaptation of the acclaimed novel by Rachel Field (All This, and Heaven Too).

View attachment 137137
I'm surprised to say that I don't think I've ever heard of this film, let alone seen it! I'm astonished because I thought I'd seen all of the film directed by Robert Siodmak in the 1940s. Look at that cast: a further teaming of Ella Raines and Robert Siodmak. Unless reviews say the picture quality is bad, I'm going to buy this disc.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray July 26th from Kino Lorber and Zeitgeist Films!

Fiddler's Journey to the Big Screen
Featuring: Norman Jewison, John Williams, Sheldon Harnick, Topol, Rosalind Harris, Michele Marsh, Neva Small, Robert F. Boyle, Kenneth Turan
Directed by Daniel Raim (Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story)

The fall of 2021 marked the 50th anniversary of Fiddler on the Roof, the film Pauline Kael (The New Yorker) called “the most powerful movie musical ever made.” Narrated by Jeff Goldblum, FIDDLER’S JOURNEY TO THE BIG SCREEN captures the humor and drama of director Norman Jewison’s quest to recreate the lost world of Jewish life in Tsarist Russia and re-envision the beloved stage hit as a wide-screen epic. Oscar®-nominated filmmaker Daniel Raim puts us in the director’s chair and in Jewison’s heart and mind, drawing on behind-the-scenes footage and never-before-seen stills as well as original interviews with Jewison, Topol (Tevye), composer John Williams, production designer Robert F. Boyle, film critic Kenneth Turan, lyricist Sheldon Harnick, and actresses Rosalind Harris, Michele Marsh, and Neva Small (Tevye’s daughters). This inspiring film explores how the experience of making Fiddler deepened Jewison as an artist and revived his soul.

Special features:
The Man on Lincoln’s Nose: Daniel Raim’s Oscar®-nominated short about production designer Robert F. Boyle, featuring Norman Jewison
• Additional interviews with John Williams, Topol, Rosalind Harris, Neva Small, and Sheldon Harnick
• Film researcher Lillian Michelson on the undergarments used in Fiddler (excerpt from Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story)
• Optional English SDH Subtitles

FiddlersJourney_BR.jpg

[email protected]!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent

Featuring: Norman Jewison, John Williams, Sheldon Harnick, Topol, Rosalind Harris, Michele Marsh, Neva Small, Robert F. Boyle, Kenneth Turan

The fall of 2021 marked the 50th anniversary of Fiddler on the Roof, the film Pauline Kael (The New Yorker) called “the most powerful movie musical ever made.” Narrated by Jeff Goldblum, FIDDLER’S JOURNEY TO THE BIG SCREEN captures the humor and drama of director Norman Jewison’s quest to recreate the lost world of Jewish life in Tsarist Russia and re-envision the beloved stage hit as a wide-screen epic. Oscar®-nominated filmmaker Daniel Raim puts us in the director’s chair and in Jewison’s heart and mind, drawing on behind-the-scenes footage and never-before-seen stills as well as original interviews with Jewison, Topol (Tevye), composer John Williams, production designer Robert F. Boyle, film critic Kenneth Turan, lyricist Sheldon Harnick, and actresses Rosalind Harris, Michele Marsh, and Neva Small (Tevye’s daughters). This inspiring film explores how the experience of making Fiddler deepened Jewison as an artist and revived his soul.

Special features:
The Man on Lincoln’s Nose: Daniel Raim’s Oscar®-nominated short about production designer Robert F. Boyle, featuring Norman Jewison
• Additional interviews with John Williams, Topol, Rosalind Harris, Neva Small, and Sheldon Harnick
• Film researcher Lillian Michelson on the undergarments used in Fiddler (excerpt from Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story)

View attachment 137184
Just saw this in the theatre a couple of days ago in NYC. If you love musicals, Film adaptations of musicals, or just love Fiddler on the Roof, it's a modest and enjoyable documentary. Not a lot of new information or perspectives but I may just be an old guy who has seen too much already... LOL! The most interesting interviews for me were those from John Williams. I'm eager to see the additional material and since this is also apart of my curriculum and teaching work it will be an easy day one purchase. I do wish those associated with the Jewison film were kinder and more generous about Zero Mostel. I saw his Tevye on the farewell tour, when I was in High School. There's plenty of room for his genius to shine alongside Topol's on the screen and in the revival and... Zero did it first. It was built on him so I'll always have a lot of respect for his singular and indelible talent. I digress...

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming July 26th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/planet-of-the-vampires-special-edition-blu-ray

PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES (1965)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Novelist/Critic Kim Newman and Writer/Journalist Barry Forshaw
• Audio Commentary by Mario Bava Biographer Tim Lucas
• Alternate Music Score Highlights
• Original Italian Opening Credits
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Joe Dante
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Josh Olson
• Theatrical Trailer
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Reversible Art

Color 88 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
A Close Encounter of the Undead Kind! In this otherworldly tour de force of sci-fi thrills and Gothic chills, space travelers intercept a mysterious distress call from a distant world. Is it a desperate cry for help…or something far more sinister? After landing on the shadowy planet, the crew members clash with a horde of disembodied, soul-snatching aliens with a diabolical plan beyond their worst nightmares! A dazzling mixture of nerve-shredding suspense, eye-popping science fiction and full-blooded horror from the maestro of the macabre, Mario Bava (Black Sabbath, The Whip and the Body), Planet of the Vampires inspired decades of space-age shockers and now proudly stands as one of the most electrifying, visually stunning cult classics from Italian cinema’s golden age. Starring Barry Sullivan (Tell Them Willie Boy is Here, Caravans).

Planet.jpg

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Wasnt Planet of the Vampires supposed to be a 4K release ? ((not UHD, just a 4K master)) I couldve sworn that's what I read before..

I found some information at the elsewhere site and saw this:

Planet of the Vampires

Synopsis: In the near future the two spaceships Argos and Galliot are sent to investigate the mysterious planet Aura. As the Galliot lands on the planet her crew suddenly go berserk and attack each other. The strange event passes, but the crew soon discovers the crashed Argos - and learns that her crew died fighting each other! Investigating further, the explorers come to realize the existence of a race of bodiless aliens that seek to escape from their dying world... Directed by Mario Bava. 4K RESTORATION.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Coming July 26th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/planet-of-the-vampires-special-edition-blu-ray

• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Novelist/Critic Kim Newman and Writer/Journalist Barry Forshaw
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art

A Close Encounter of the Undead Kind! In this otherworldly tour de force of sci-fi thrills and Gothic chills, space travelers intercept a mysterious distress call from a distant world. Is it a desperate cry for help…or something far more sinister? After landing on the shadowy planet, the crew members clash with a horde of disembodied, soul-snatching aliens with a diabolical plan beyond their worst nightmares! A dazzling mixture of nerve-shredding suspense, eye-popping science fiction and full-blooded horror from the maestro of the macabre, Mario Bava (Black Sabbath, The Whip and the Body), Planet of the Vampires inspired decades of space-age shockers and now proudly stands as one of the most electrifying, visually stunning cult classics from Italian cinema’s golden age. Starring Barry Sullivan (Tell Them Willie Boy is Here, Caravans).

View attachment 137225
I missed this one on its first release from you guys... I *won't* make that mistake with this release! :)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren

Special features:

View attachment 137184
I’m getting this just to include with the FIDDLER Blu ray, the same as I did with that QUIET MAN documentary. Great stuff!!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Wasnt Planet of the Vampires supposed to be a 4K release ? ((not UHD, just a 4K master)) I couldve sworn that's what I read before..

I found some information at the elsewhere site and saw this:

Planet of the Vampires

Synopsis: In the near future the two spaceships Argos and Galliot are sent to investigate the mysterious planet Aura. As the Galliot lands on the planet her crew suddenly go berserk and attack each other. The strange event passes, but the crew soon discovers the crashed Argos - and learns that her crew died fighting each other! Investigating further, the explorers come to realize the existence of a race of bodiless aliens that seek to escape from their dying world... Directed by Mario Bava. 4K RESTORATION.
We had said, it'll be either a 2K or 4K scan. It's 2K.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
We had said, it'll be either a 2K or 4K scan. It's 2K.

Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA X

Flesh and Fury (1952) Starring Tony Curtis & Jan Sterling – Shot by Irving Glassberg (The Tarnished Angels) – Screenplay by Bernard Gordon (Crime Wave) – Directed by Joseph Pevney (Six Bridges to Cross).
The Square Jungle (1955) – Starring Tony Curtis, Pat Crowley, Ernest Borgnine, Jim Backus, David Janssen & Former Heavyweight Champion Joe Louis – Shot by George Robinson (The Invisible Ray) – Written by George Zuckerman (99 River Street) – Directed by Jerry Hopper (Secret of the Incas).
World in My Corner (1956) Starring Audie Murphy & Barbara Rush – Shot by Maury Gertsman (To Hell and Back) – Music by Henry Mancini (Arabesque) – Screenplay by Jack Sher (Shane) – Directed by Jesse Hibbs (Ride a Crooked Trail).

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA I – Re-Release Coming June 28th!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA II – Available Now!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA III – Available Now!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA IV – Available Now!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA V – Available Now!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VI – Available Now!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VII – Coming June 7th!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VIII – Coming July 19th!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA IX – Coming in September!

View attachment 136656
1st review on box 6 and its a winner!!! http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film10/blu-ray_review_155/film_noir_the_dark_side_of_cinema_6_blu-ray.htm

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray July 26th from Kino Lorber!

El Cortez (2006)
Starring Lou Diamond Phillips, Bruce Weitz, Glenn Plummer, Tracy Middendorf, James McDaniel, Peter Onorati
Directed by Stephen Purvis

El Cortez is the story of an autistic man who attempts to start a new life after his incarceration. After five years in a prison for the criminally insane, Manny (Lou Diamond Phillips, La Bamba) returns to Reno. He moves into a motel and takes a job as a clerk at the Hotel El Cortez. He is befriended by Popcorn (Bruce Weitz, Hill Street Blues), a crippled prospector who seeks his help to persuade Russo (Peter Onorati, Goodfellas), a wealthy gambler, to invest in Popcorn’s gold mine. But Manny cannot escape his past and is soon caught in a labyrinth that leads to a murderous triple cross.

Special features:
*Behind-the-scenes Featurette
*Deleted Scene
*Trailer
*Optional English subtitles

ElCortez_BR.jpg

[email protected]

Second Unit
Coming July 26th!

• Brand New 2K Master
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art

View attachment 137225
My first introduction to this film was in 1968, when it shared a marquee with Planet of the Apes at a local drive-in

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
We just added 40 titles to our ongoing WHILE SUPPLIES LAST Sale:
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/while-supplies-last-2022

Here’s the list of the NEW titles:
Baron Blood
A Bay of Blood
Black Sabbath (Italian Version)
Black Sunday (Italian Version)
Black Sunday (AIP Version)
Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw
Burn, Witch, Burn
The Day After
Duel in the Sun
Evil Eye/The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Five Dolls for an August Moon
Four Times That Night
Hell in the Pacific
Junior Bonner
Kidnapped (Rabid Dogs)
Kill, Baby …Kill
Knives of the Avenger
Lisa and the Devil/House of Exorcism
Lost Highway
Malice
Malone
Monster Dog
The Night Stalker
The Night Strangler
The Paradine Case
Prizzi’s Honor
Roy Colt and Winchester Jack
Siege of Firebase Gloria
Silkwood
Since You Went Away
SpaceCamp
The Spiral Staircase
Take the Money and Run
They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?
Tough Guys
Trilogy of Terror
Wild at Heart (DVD)

WSL_Announcement.jpg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming July 26th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/im-dangerous-tonight-blu-ray

I’M DANGEROUS TONIGHT (1990 TV Movie)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary with Kristopher Woofter and Will Dodson, Editors of American Twilight: The Cinema of Tobe Hooper
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker/Historian Michael Varrati
• DEVIL IN A RED DRESS: NEW Interview with Actress Dee Wallace
• SEEING RED: NEW Interview with Director of Photography Levie Isaacks
• MAKING I’M DANGEROUS TONIGHT: Archival Behind-the-Scenes Footage with Optional Commentary by Videographer Stan Giesea, Moderated by Filmmaker Michael Felsher
• A DRESS TO BRING OUT THE DEVIL IN YOU: A NEW Video Essay by Filmmaker and Programmer Chris O'Neill
• I’M DANGEROUS TONIGHT – Video Trailer (1080p)

From the twisted mind of Tobe Hooper, director of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Salem’s Lot, Poltergeist, Lifeforce and Spontaneous Combustion, comes a new kind of sheer, nerve-shattering terror. When Amy (Mädchen Amick, Sleepwalkers, TV’s Twin Peaks) discovers a mysterious old cloak, she turns it into a sexy red dress. It’s perfect for parties—and for awakening demonic impulses from deep within! Turns out, this particular piece of clothing unleashes an ancient, unspeakable evil upon Amy’s sleepy town. Talk about a killer dress! Based on a story by suspense guru Cornell Woolrich (Rear Window), this diabolically entertaining supernatural thriller co-stars Dee Wallace (Cujo), R. Lee Ermey (Full Metal Jacket), Natalie Schafer (TV’s Gilligan’s Island), William Berger (Sabata), Corey Parker (Biloxi Blues) and screen legend Anthony Perkins (Psycho).

738329259488.jpg

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
We just added 40 titles to our ongoing WHILE SUPPLIES LAST Sale:
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/while-supplies-last-2022

Here’s the list of the NEW titles:
Baron Blood
A Bay of Blood
Black Sabbath (Italian Version)
Black Sunday (Italian Version)
Black Sunday (AIP Version)
Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw
Burn, Witch, Burn
The Day After
Duel in the Sun
Evil Eye/The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Five Dolls for an August Moon
Four Times That Night
Hell in the Pacific
Junior Bonner
Kidnapped (Rabid Dogs)
Kill, Baby …Kill
Knives of the Avenger
Lisa and the Devil/House of Exorcism
Lost Highway
Malice
Malone
Monster Dog
The Night Stalker
The Night Strangler
The Paradine Case
Prizzi’s Honor
Roy Colt and Winchester Jack
Siege of Firebase Gloria
Silkwood
Since You Went Away
SpaceCamp
The Spiral Staircase
Take the Money and Run
They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?
Trilogy of Terror
Wild at Heart (DVD)

View attachment 137275
Great titles have been added which I previously bought. I hope they are included because KINO's license is expiring and not because they weren't selling. Can't get enough of classic films.

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Zero Mostel was on a talk show years after the film opened and totally trashed the film version.
I'm sure the feeling was
View attachment 137263 Mootual ...
Most of these are expiring because we could not renew them.
Disney isn’t allowing renewal… I hope it’s because someone else had the rights and not because they don’t want to license out. Especially the Hitchcock titles and best picture noms.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Disney isn’t allowing renewal… I hope it’s because someone else had the rights and not because they don’t want to license out. Especially the Hitchcock titles and best picture noms.
We had the rights and first right of refusal, they didn't even ask us for an offer. At this point they're not interested in licensing stuff, not even renewals, hopefully that'll change sometime in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cescobianchi
Recent bookmarks