What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (38 Viewers)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I only saw June Allyson's version of My Man Godfrey on television many years ago in pan and scan, so I'm most excited about seeing it in the correct Cinemascope dimensions. Memories on the whole are vague, so I'm eager to see it again. Thanks, Kino!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray July 19th from Kino Lorber and the Cohen Film Collection!

Nathalie... (2003)
Starring Fanny Ardant, Emmanuelle Béart, and Gérard Depardieu
Directed by Anne Fontaine

Fanny Ardant, Emmanuelle Béart, and Gérard Depardieu star in this story of an unusual love triangle. When Catherine’s husband is unfaithful, she doesn’t want revenge - she’s curious. She wants to share the experience, but in secret, so hires an elite prostitute to seduce her husband and report back to Catherine. Her desire to remain in control of the situation is soon tested by other desires.

Includes:
*English subtitles
*Trailers

Nathalie_BR_3D.jpg

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Coming to Blu-ray July 19th from Kino Lorber and the Cohen Film Collection!

Nathalie... (2003)
Starring Fanny Ardant, Emmanuelle Béart, and Gérard Depardieu
Directed by Anne Fontaine

Fanny Ardant, Emmanuelle Béart, and Gérard Depardieu star in this story of an unusual love triangle. When Catherine’s husband is unfaithful, she doesn’t want revenge - she’s curious. She wants to share the experience, but in secret, so hires an elite prostitute to seduce her husband and report back to Catherine. Her desire to remain in control of the situation is soon tested by other desires.

Includes:
*English subtitles
*Trailers

View attachment 136951
I greatly admire the films of Anne Fontaine, and this cast is excellent. Looking forward to this release.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Coming Soon!
Brand New 2K Master!

Moment to Moment (1966) Starring Jean Seberg & Honor Blackman – Shot by Harry Stradling Sr. (Suspicion, A Streetcar Named Desire, My Fair Lady) – Music by Henry Mancini (Touch of Evil, The Pink Panther, Arabesque) – Screenplay by Alec Coppel (The Hidden Room, No Highway in the Sky, Vertigo) & John Lee Mahin (Scarface, The Bad Seed, The Horse Soldiers) – Produced & Directed by Mervyn LeRoy (Johnny Eager, Random Harvest, Quo Vadis).

View attachment 136924
OMG! As a Jean Seberg enthusiast, I'd abandoned all hope that this would ever see the light of day. A lovely score by Henry Mancini.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
OMG! As a Jean Seberg enthusiast, I'd abandoned all hope that this would ever see the light of day. A lovely score by Henry Mancini.

I don't see that this was ever released as a full-length "soundtrack" album. I put "soundtrack" in quotes, because many of his original movie scores were released as re-orchestrated editions, all of which suffer beside any later, actual soundtrack recordings. I wouldn't give up hope yet. Labels like Bruce Kimmel's Kritzerland might have interest in it and try to acquire the rights.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I greatly admire the films of Anne Fontaine, and this cast is excellent. Looking forward to this release.
It looks interesting. I've seen other films of hers, but not this. "Naughty"--as defined by the BBC--seems nice. If only Depardieu wasn't in it. That bulky silhouette of his is the opposite of erotic.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA X

Flesh and Fury (1952) Starring Tony Curtis & Jan Sterling – Shot by Irving Glassberg (The Tarnished Angels) – Screenplay by Bernard Gordon (Crime Wave) – Directed by Joseph Pevney (Six Bridges to Cross).
The Square Jungle (1955) – Starring Tony Curtis, Pat Crowley, Ernest Borgnine, Jim Backus, David Janssen & Former Heavyweight Champion Joe Louis – Shot by George Robinson (The Invisible Ray) – Written by George Zuckerman (99 River Street) – Directed by Jerry Hopper (Secret of the Incas).
World in My Corner (1956) Starring Audie Murphy & Barbara Rush – Shot by Maury Gertsman (To Hell and Back) – Music by Henry Mancini (Arabesque) – Screenplay by Jack Sher (Shane) – Directed by Jesse Hibbs (Ride a Crooked Trail).

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA I – Re-Release Coming June 28th!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA II – Available Now!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA III – Available Now!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA IV – Available Now!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA V – Available Now!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VI – Available Now!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VII – Coming June 7th!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VIII – Coming July 19th!
FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA IX – Coming in September!

View attachment 136656
Wow -great ! Both Tony Curtis boxing movies in one package!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I don't see that this was ever released as a full-length "soundtrack" album. I put "soundtrack" in quotes, because many of his original movie scores were released as re-orchestrated editions, all of which suffer beside any later, actual soundtrack recordings. I wouldn't give up hope yet. Labels like Bruce Kimmel's Kritzerland might have interest in it and try to acquire the rights.
No, an actual soundtrack recording was never released.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Coming Soon!
Brand New 2K Master!

Moment to Moment (1966) Starring Jean Seberg & Honor Blackman – Shot by Harry Stradling Sr. (Suspicion, A Streetcar Named Desire, My Fair Lady) – Music by Henry Mancini (Touch of Evil, The Pink Panther, Arabesque) – Screenplay by Alec Coppel (The Hidden Room, No Highway in the Sky, Vertigo) & John Lee Mahin (Scarface, The Bad Seed, The Horse Soldiers) – Produced & Directed by Mervyn LeRoy (Johnny Eager, Random Harvest, Quo Vadis).

View attachment 136924
Ah! Now, I wasn't expecting this! Many thanks, Kino!

I saw this one when it first came out. I enjoyed it but I seem to recall the critics dismissed it as old-fashioned and silly. I very much look forward to seeing the film again and I'll definitely be buying this disc. Until now, the title song by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer has survived better than the film and has been recorded by people like Andy Williams, Sue Raney and Frank Sinatra.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray July 19th from Kino Classics, the Library of Congress, Fernando Martin Peña and Argentina Sono Film!

Native Son (1951)
Directed by Pierre Chenal
Starring Richard Wright, Jean Wallace, Gloria Madison, Nicholas Joy

One of the most controversial novels of its day, Richard Wright’s Native Son (first published in 1940) exposed the injustices of urban African-American life, witnessed through the eyes of Bigger Thomas, whose violent tendencies and moral confusion were the natural result of a lifetime of deprivation. In prison for murder and sentenced to death, Thomas reflects on the circumstances that led to his fate. Kino Lorber presents a new restoration of the 1951 film version of the novel, directed by Pierre Chenal and starring Richard Wright as Bigger Thomas. It is presented in association with the Library of Congress, Fernando Martin Peña and Argentina Sono Film. When it was initially released in the U.S., Native Son was heavily censored by regional state/municipal censor boards where it played. A complete 16mm print of the original Argentinian release and an incomplete 35mm duplicate negative of the uncensored cut were combined for the current restoration, the most complete version of Native Son ever shown in the United States.

Special features:
*32-Page booklet with an essay by Edgardo Krebs
*Re-release trailer
*Optional English SDH subtitles

NATIVE SON blueband.jpg

Claude North

Second Unit
Coming Soon!
Brand New 2K Master!

View attachment 136924
Thanks, KLSC! Always happy to see more Jean Seberg on Blu-ray! And the added value of Honor Blackman! Never saw this, but it will be a blind buy for me.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Coming to Blu-ray July 19th from Kino Classics, the Library of Congress, Fernando Martin Peña and Argentina Sono Film!

Native Son (1951)
Directed by Pierre Chenal
Starring Richard Wright, Jean Wallace, Gloria Madison, Nicholas Joy

One of the most controversial novels of its day, Richard Wright’s Native Son (first published in 1940) exposed the injustices of urban African-American life, witnessed through the eyes of Bigger Thomas, whose violent tendencies and moral confusion were the natural result of a lifetime of deprivation. In prison for murder and sentenced to death, Thomas reflects on the circumstances that led to his fate. Kino Lorber presents a new restoration of the 1951 film version of the novel, directed by Pierre Chenal and starring Richard Wright as Bigger Thomas. It is presented in association with the Library of Congress, Fernando Martin Peña and Argentina Sono Film. When it was initially released in the U.S., Native Son was heavily censored by regional state/municipal censor boards where it played. A complete 16mm print of the original Argentinian release and an incomplete 35mm duplicate negative of the uncensored cut were combined for the current restoration, the most complete version of Native Son ever shown in the United States.

Special features:
*32-Page booklet with an essay by Edgardo Krebs
*Re-release trailer
*Optional English SDH subtitles

View attachment 137048
It’s 💯% complete? Awesome! I’d love to see it.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming soon to DVD and Blu-ray from Kino Lorber!

Rocco Schiavone: Ice Cold Murders (Season 2) - Out on June 28th!
2-Disc Set (DVD and Blu-ray)

Rocco Schiavone: Ice Cold Murders (Seasons 3 & 4) - Out on July 26th!
4-Disc Set (DVD)
3-Disc Set (Blu-ray)

Based on the best-selling series of novels by Antonio Manzini, Rocco Schiavone: Ice Cold Murders is a devilishly entertaining Italian crime series that follows the idiosyncratic adventures of cranky and unorthodox detective Rocco Schiavone (Marco Giallini).

Includes optional English subtitles

RoccoSchiavone_S2_BR.jpg

RoccoSchiavone_S3-4_BR.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming July 26th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/time-out-of-mind-blu-ray

TIME OUT OF MIND (1947)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Kat Ellinger
• Trailers
• Optional English Subtitles

B&W 88 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Robert Siodmak, the brilliant director of The Suspect, The Spiral Staircase, The Killers, Cry of the City, Criss Cross and Deported, comes this lush, noir-tinged melodrama set in 19th-century New England. Phyllis Calvert (The Man in Grey, Indiscreet) is young housekeeper Kate Fernald, who falls in love with Christopher Fortune, played by Robert Hutton (The Steel Helmet, They Came from Beyond Space). Christopher is a wealthy ship captain’s son who would rather study music than the sea. Aware that their union is not to be, Kate renounces her true love and encourages him to wed someone from his own social class. As the years go by, Kate is the mute witness to Christopher’s frustration and unhappiness, culminating in a fatal bout with alcohol. Ella Raines (Phantom Lady, The Web) is stunning as Christopher’s “sensible” sister Rissa, while Eddie Albert (Attack), Leo G. Carroll (Spellbound), Helena Carter (Invaders from Mars) and John Abbott (Gambit) also give stellar performances in this sumptuous adaptation of the acclaimed novel by Rachel Field (All This, and Heaven Too).

738329259525.jpg

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Coming July 26th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/time-out-of-mind-blu-ray

TIME OUT OF MIND (1947)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Kat Ellinger
• Trailers
• Optional English Subtitles

B&W 88 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Robert Siodmak, the brilliant director of The Suspect, The Spiral Staircase, The Killers, Cry of the City, Criss Cross and Deported, comes this lush, noir-tinged melodrama set in 19th-century New England. Phyllis Calvert (The Man in Grey, Indiscreet) is young housekeeper Kate Fernald, who falls in love with Christopher Fortune, played by Robert Hutton (The Steel Helmet, They Came from Beyond Space). Christopher is a wealthy ship captain’s son who would rather study music than the sea. Aware that their union is not to be, Kate renounces her true love and encourages him to wed someone from his own social class. As the years go by, Kate is the mute witness to Christopher’s frustration and unhappiness, culminating in a fatal bout with alcohol. Ella Raines (Phantom Lady, The Web) is stunning as Christopher’s “sensible” sister Rissa, while Eddie Albert (Attack), Leo G. Carroll (Spellbound), Helena Carter (Invaders from Mars) and John Abbott (Gambit) also give stellar performances in this sumptuous adaptation of the acclaimed novel by Rachel Field (All This, and Heaven Too).

View attachment 137137
Now that's cover art! Makes me want to see this right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks