What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Finally! Last seen in '72. Powerful film about a shameful legal injustice. Unforgettable performances and score.
The only problem is that in 2005 a letter of Upton Sinclair's surfaced in which he revealed that their attorney had confessed they were guilty.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 19th on 4KUHD!

IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT (1967)

Disc 1 (4KHUD):

• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson with Robert Mirisch (Nephew of Walter Mirisch, and Son of the Mirisch Company Founder Harold Mirisch)
• Audio Commentary by Director Norman Jewison, Cinematographer Haskell Wexler and Actors Rod Steiger and Lee Grant
• 5.1 Surround & Original 2.0 Mono
• Optional English Subtitles
• Triple-Layer UHD100 Disc

Disc 2 (Blu-ray Bonus Features):
They Call Me Mister Tibbs! (1970) – The sequel to In the Heat of the Night, back in San Francisco, a high-priced call girl is murdered and Lieutenant Virgil Tibbs (Poitier) is on the case. Co-Starring Martin Landau and Barbara McNair and directed by Gordon Douglas.
The Organization (1971) – In this Tibbs/Poitier finale, Lieutenant Virgil Tibbs (Poitier) helps a group of idealistic vigilantes expose a drug ring controlled by powerful businessmen. Co-Starring Barbara McNair and Gerald S. O’Loughlin and directed by Don Medford.
• Turning Up the Heat: Movie Making in the 60's - 2008 Featurette (21:10)
• The Slap Heard Around the World - 2008 Featurette (7:25)
• Quincy Jones: Breaking New Sound - 2008 Featurette (13:02)
• Theatrical Trailers for In the Heat of the Night, They Call Me Mister Tibbs! and The Organization

Color 100 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
This undisputed masterpiece from director Norman Jewison (The Thomas Crown Affair) is one of the most radical and acclaimed movies of its generation. Rod Steiger (A Fistful of Dynamite) gives an Oscar-winning performance as a sheriff from small-town Mississippi who finds himself in an uneasy alliance with a black homicide detective from Philadelphia—strikingly portrayed by Sidney Poitier (Lilies of the Field). In the course of investigating the crime, the two strong-willed men must reconcile their inherent prejudice towards each other. The final result is justice—and an unlikely but touching mutual respect. Supporting performances by Warren Oates (Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia) and Lee Grant (The Landlord), an evocative score by Quincy Jones (The Getaway) and vivid cinematography by Haskell Wexler (The Conversation) all add to the film’s authentic aura of a hot summer evening in the Deep South. Winner of five Academy Awards including Best Picture for Walter Mirisch (The Great Escape), Best Adapted Screenplay for Stirling Silliphant (Charly) and Best Editing for Hal Ashby (The Cincinnati Kid), In the Heat of the Night is a blistering commentary on race relations and a landmark in entertainment. This 4KUHD special edition also includes the In the Heat of the Night sequels They Call Me Mister Tibbs! and The Organization on the second Blu-ray disc.

738329257474.jpg

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Good job on including the two sequels as part of the package, even if they're on BD instead of UHD (not surprisingly).

So...HDR? Dolby Vision? on the UHD?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The only problem is that in 2005 a letter of Upton Sinclair's surfaced in which he revealed that their attorney had confessed they were guilty.

Historical research often rewrites received facts. I appreciate your note pointing out something I didn't know.
The film still stands.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 5th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-body-of-my-enemy-aka-corps-de-mon-ennemi-blu-ray

THE BODY OF MY ENEMY (1976)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger, Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• In French with Optional English Subtitles

Color 121 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
Screen legend Jean-Paul Belmondo (Le Doulos, The Hunter Will Get You) teams up with director Henri Verneuil (The Sicilian Clan, The Night Caller) and co-writer Michel Audiard (Le Professionnel, Le Marginal) for this stylish revenge drama. François Leclercq (Belmondo) once romanced the beautiful Gilberte Liégard (Marie-France Pisier, Trans-Europ-Express), daughter of a powerful textile baron (Bernard Blier, Buffet Froid). Now only hatred holds them together. Framed for murder and imprisoned for seven years, François returns to his hometown seeking vengeance. He needs friends. And friends are hard to come by in his town. Featuring masterful cinematography by Jean Penzer (The Inheritor) and a rousing score by Francis Lai (Love Story), The Body of My Enemy is a unique, twist-filled neo-noir that offers a sharp critique of the French upper classes—with the ultra-suave Belmondo in top form.

738329256296.jpg

738329256296_Back.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 5th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/armageddon-aka-armaguedon-blu-ray

ARMAGEDDON (1976)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger, Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 93 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
International icon Alain Delon (Un Flic, The Sicilian Clan) must stop a madman from triggering Armageddon in this slick Eurocrime thriller. A repairman named Louis Carrier (Jean Yanne, We Won’t Grow Old Together) uses his newly inherited fortune to launch a campaign of terror that will make him a household name. Becoming more and more mentally unstable, Carrier threatens the police and various government institutions while operating under the alias “Armageddon.” A psychologist from Interpol (Delon) heads the investigation and prepares a trap at an international conference of world leaders in Paris. Renato Salvatori (Illustrious Corpses) and Michel Duchaussoy (The Killing Game) also star in this intense psychological game of cat-and-mouse from director Alain Jessua (Shock Treatment) that examines the potentially dangerous impact of mass media.

738329258429.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

Coming April 5th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-body-of-my-enemy-aka-corps-de-mon-ennemi-blu-ray

THE BODY OF MY ENEMY (1976)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art

Color 121 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
Screen legend Jean-Paul Belmondo (Le Doulos, The Hunter Will Get You) teams up with director Henri Verneuil (The Sicilian Clan, The Night Caller) and co-writer Michel Audiard (Le Professionnel, Le Marginal) for this stylish revenge drama. François Leclercq (Belmondo) once romanced the beautiful Gilberte Liégard (Marie-France Pisier, Trans-Europ-Express), daughter of a powerful textile baron (Bernard Blier, Buffet Froid). Now only hatred holds them together. Framed for murder and imprisoned for seven years, François returns to his hometown seeking vengeance. He needs friends. And friends are hard to come by in his town. Featuring masterful cinematography by Jean Penzer (The Inheritor) and a rousing score by Francis Lai (Love Story), The Body of My Enemy is a unique, twist-filled neo-noir that offers a sharp critique of the French upper classes—with the ultra-suave Belmondo in top form.

View attachment 126251
View attachment 126252
I've never seen this film but it sounds interesting.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
What a wonderful morning of releases.
I have never seen either of these films and look forward to the April release.
All these Delon and other French movies released by KL I have wanted to watch for so many years but none have ever been released with English sub-titles .
THANK YOU KL for releasing these excellent films .

[email protected]!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
Coming April 19th on 4KUHD!

IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT (1967)

Disc 1 (4KHUD):

• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson with Robert Mirisch (Nephew of Walter Mirisch, and Son of the Mirisch Company Founder Harold Mirisch)
• Audio Commentary by Director Norman Jewison, Cinematographer Haskell Wexler and Actors Rod Steiger and Lee Grant
• 5.1 Surround & Original 2.0 Mono
• Optional English Subtitles
• Triple-Layer UHD100 Disc

Disc 2 (Blu-ray Bonus Features):
They Call Me Mister Tibbs! (1970) – The sequel to In the Heat of the Night, back in San Francisco, a high-priced call girl is murdered and Lieutenant Virgil Tibbs (Poitier) is on the case. Co-Starring Martin Landau and Barbara McNair and directed by Gordon Douglas.
The Organization (1971) – In this Tibbs/Poitier finale, Lieutenant Virgil Tibbs (Poitier) helps a group of idealistic vigilantes expose a drug ring controlled by powerful businessmen. Co-Starring Barbara McNair and Gerald S. O’Loughlin and directed by Don Medford.
• Turning Up the Heat: Movie Making in the 60's - 2008 Featurette (21:10)
• The Slap Heard Around the World - 2008 Featurette (7:25)
• Quincy Jones: Breaking New Sound - 2008 Featurette (13:02)
• Theatrical Trailers for In the Heat of the Night, They Call Me Mister Tibbs! and The Organization

Color 100 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
This undisputed masterpiece from director Norman Jewison (The Thomas Crown Affair) is one of the most radical and acclaimed movies of its generation. Rod Steiger (A Fistful of Dynamite) gives an Oscar-winning performance as a sheriff from small-town Mississippi who finds himself in an uneasy alliance with a black homicide detective from Philadelphia—strikingly portrayed by Sidney Poitier (Lilies of the Field). In the course of investigating the crime, the two strong-willed men must reconcile their inherent prejudice towards each other. The final result is justice—and an unlikely but touching mutual respect. Supporting performances by Warren Oates (Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia) and Lee Grant (The Landlord), an evocative score by Quincy Jones (The Getaway) and vivid cinematography by Haskell Wexler (The Conversation) all add to the film’s authentic aura of a hot summer evening in the Deep South. Winner of five Academy Awards including Best Picture for Walter Mirisch (The Great Escape), Best Adapted Screenplay for Stirling Silliphant (Charly) and Best Editing for Hal Ashby (The Cincinnati Kid), In the Heat of the Night is a blistering commentary on race relations and a landmark in entertainment. This 4KUHD special edition also includes the In the Heat of the Night sequels They Call Me Mister Tibbs! and The Organization on the second Blu-ray disc.

View attachment 126092

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Son of Samson (1960)
Starring Mark Forest, Chelo Alonso & Vira Silenti – Shot by Riccardo Pallottini (Samson and the 7 Miracles of the World) – Directed by Carlo Campogalliani (Goliath and the Barbarians).

View attachment 126425
Did Samson two-time Delilah?

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Son of Samson (1960)
Starring Mark Forest, Chelo Alonso & Vira Silenti – Shot by Riccardo Pallottini (Samson and the 7 Miracles of the World) – Directed by Carlo Campogalliani (Goliath and the Barbarians).

View attachment 126425
Am I dreaming? Did I wake up in an alternate universe where some peplum films are finally treated with some respect and get an American bluray release? 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
problemwithstory
Recent bookmarks