What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (19 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcements:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

3 Classic Chuck Norris Films – Brand New 2K Masters!

Good Guys Wear Black (1978) Starring Chuck Norris, Anne Archer, James Franciscus, Dana Andrews & Jim Backus – Directed by Ted Post (Magnum Force).
A Force of One (1979) Starring Chuck Norris, Jennifer O’Neill, Clu Gulager, Ron O’Neal & Bill “Superfoot” Wallace – Directed by Paul Aaron (Deadly Force).
The Octagon (1980) Starring Chuck Norris, Lee Van Cleef, Karen Carlson, Art Hindle & Tadashi Yamashita – Directed by Eric Carson (Black Eagle).

Sold Separately!

1641053106359.png

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
Saturday's Facebook Announcements:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

3 Classic Chuck Norris Films – Brand New 2K Masters!

Good Guys Wear Black (1978) Starring Chuck Norris, Anne Archer, James Franciscus, Dana Andrews & Jim Backus – Directed by Ted Post (Magnum Force).
A Force of One (1979) Starring Chuck Norris, Jennifer O’Neill, Clu Gulager, Ron O’Neal & Bill “Superfoot” Wallace – Directed by Paul Aaron (Deadly Force).
The Octagon (1980) Starring Chuck Norris, Lee Van Cleef, Karen Carlson, Art Hindle & Tadashi Yamashita – Directed by Eric Carson (Black Eagle).

Sold Separately!

View attachment 123527
Chuck's the man.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcements:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD!
Two Classic Film Noirs by Stanley Kubrick!

Brand New HDR Dolby Vision Masters!

The Killing (1956)
Starring Sterling Hayden, Coleen Gray, Vince Edwards, Marie Windsor, Elisha Cook Jr., Ted de Corsia, Jay C. Flippen, Timothy Carey, James Edwards, Jay Adler & Joe Sawyer – Shot by Lucien Ballard (The Wild Bunch) – Produced by James B. Harris (Paths of Glory) – Screenplay by Kubrick – Dialogue by Jim Thompson (The Getaway) – Based on the Novel “Clean Break” by Lionel White (The Night of the Following Day) – Directed by Stanley Kubrick (A Clockwork Orange).

Killer’s Kiss (1955) Starring Frank Silvera, Irene Kane, Jamie Smith & Ruth Sobotka – Cinematography & Story by Kubrick – Produced & Directed by Stanley Kubrick (The Shining).

Sold Separately!

1641140451849.png

Camps

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
I'm a huge fan of The Killing, but I won't be upgrading from my Criterion blu ray regardless of any fresh extras.

Really looking forward to Kino unearthing more new-to-home-media titles; they've had a spectacular track record on this front.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm a huge fan of The Killing, but I won't be upgrading from my Criterion blu ray regardless of any fresh extras.

Really looking forward to Kino unearthing more new-to-home-media titles; they've had a spectacular track record on this front.
It's been almost eleven years since that Blu-ray release and if they get Eddie Muller and/or Imogen Sara Smith to do some commentary with a newer 4K master then I'm buying these 4K discs.

Camps

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
Well, I am a fan of Eddie; just watched his intro to TCM's latest airing of 1947's Repeat Performance, in which he describes himself as a noirchaeologist. :)

Nevertheless, I'm pretty much outta bandwidth for upgrades.... unless it's an upgrade from a 16mm-based boot... ;)

RobertMG

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Congratulations to everybody at KL for this richly deserved recognition.
The variety and quality of your releases is outstanding and has added immeasurably to this cinefiles enjoyment and cinematic education!!
Congratulations indeed! Looking forward to so many of their releases in 2022 and their sales!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming March 8th!

Man’s Favorite Sport? (1964)

• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker/Historian Michael Schlesinger with Select Remarks by Co-Star Paula Prentiss and Actor/Director Richard Benjamin
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 120 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
From legendary Hollywood director Howard Hawks (Rio Bravo, El Dorado), Man’s Favorite Sport? is a hilarious fish-out-of-water tale in the screwball style of Hawks’ classic Bringing Up Baby. Rock Hudson (Come September, Blindfold) is Roger Willoughby, happily employed as one of the world’s great angling experts. Unfortunately, even his own boss doesn’t know that Roger has never been fishing in his life. So when press agent Abigail Page (Paula Prentiss, What’s New Pussycat?, The Black Marble) arranges for Roger to participate in her resort’s upcoming fishing tournament, he’s thrown into a panic. At the resort, he and Abby commence a crash course to turn him into a genuine outdoorsman—only to have their plan riotously upset by a surprise visit from Roger’s fiancée. With a sparkling score by composer Henry Mancini (The Pink Panther), Man’s Favorite Sport? is a comedy classic you’ll fall for hook, line and sinker!

$19.95srp

MANS_FAVORITE_SPORT_flat.jpg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming March 8th!

Strange Bedfellows (1965)

• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Eddy Von Mueller
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 98 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Screen great Rock Hudson (Man’s Favorite Sport?) and Italian bombshell Gina Lollobrigida (Come September) are an estranged couple on the verge of a riotous reconciliation in this delightful comic confection. Carter Harrison (Hudson) is a high-powered company exec who needs to polish up his public image. When a P.R. expert (Gig Young, They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?) tells him the answer lies in patching up his shaky marriage, Carter jets off to London to rekindle the affections of his fiery Italian wife Toni (Lollobrigida)—who is already planning her second marriage. But even as she begins to repeat the outrageously eccentric behaviors that split them up in the first place, Carter finds himself falling in love with the irresistible Toni all over again. Wonderfully directed by Melvin Frank (Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell, A Touch of Class), Strange Bedfellows is a rollicking cinematic treat filled with slapstick antics and hilarious sight gags!

$19.95srp

738329258078.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spencerbloke
Recent bookmarks