What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Brand New 2K Masters!

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VI

• Singapore (1947) Starring Fred MacMurray, Ava Gardner, Roland Culver, Spring Byington & Thomas Gomez – Directed by John Brahm (The Lodger)
• Johnny Stool Pigeon (1949) Starring Howard Duff, Shelley Winters, Dan Duryea, Tony Curtis, John McIntire & Leif Erickson – Directed by William Castle (The Tingler)
• The Raging Tide (1951) Starring Shelley Winters, Richard Conte, Stephen McNally, Charles Bickford, Alex Nicol & John McIntire – Directed by George Sherman (The Sleeping City).

256760081_4612490662141138_5037493491024240726_n.jpg

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Brand New 2K Masters!

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VI

• Singapore (1947) Starring Fred MacMurray, Ava Gardner, Roland Culver, Spring Byington & Thomas Gomez – Directed by John Brahm (The Lodger)
• Johnny Stool Pigeon (1949) Starring Howard Duff, Shelley Winters, Dan Duryea, Tony Curtis, John McIntire & Leif Erickson – Directed by William Castle (The Tingler)
• The Raging Tide (1951) Starring Shelley Winters, Richard Conte, Stephen McNally, Charles Bickford, Alex Nicol & John McIntire – Directed by George Sherman (The Sleeping City).

256760081_4612490662141138_5037493491024240726_n.jpg
Yummy! Keep these noir sets coming!

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Trivia Note:

"Theme from The Apartment" by the piano duo Ferrante & Teicher reached #10 on Billboard's Hot 100 in 1960. It was written by British composer Charles Williams, but the tune's real name is "Jealous Lover" and it was written for a mostly forgotten 1949 film "The Romantic Age" (released as "Naughty Arlette" in the U.S.). Here is the Ferrante & Teicher version.

Theme from The Apartment
I have a record of “Jealous Lover” by Mantovani.

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
Hmm well... Singapore and Johnny Stool Pigeon are decent, Raging Tide is not very good at all. None are must-haves to me. Of course, most of the quality noirs have been released at this point. Keeping my fingers crossed for something yummy in tomorrow's set.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VII

The Boss (1956) Starring John Payne, William Bishop, Gloria McGehee & Rhys Williams – Directed by Byron Haskin (I Walk Alone) – Brand New 2K Master
Chicago Confidential (1957) Starring Brian Keith, Beverly Garland, Dick Foran & Elisha Cook Jr. – Directed by Sidney Salkow (Robbers’ Roost)
The Fearmakers (1958) Starring Dana Andrews, Dick Foran, Marilee Earle & Veda Ann Borg – Directed by Jacques Tourneur (Out of the Past) – Brand New 2K Master

248292487_4612642742125930_5605148854340118428_n.jpg

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I guess somebody will complain these Sunday titles aren't yummy enough too.:rolleyes:
I'm not complaining, as I will buy and devour these cool BOX SET VII flicks in no time flat... although I'm beginning to worry a little bit that a certain superior 1951 MGM-controlled United Artists film noir title, named after a loose style of neckwear (and never-before-released-on-home-video), won't make the cut in these Kino deals before Amazon's looming acquisition of the MGM/UA library eventually slams the door shut permanently on future licensed physical media releases (i.e. Di$ney's wretched treatment of the Fox library).

Camps

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
I'm a big Fearmakers fan.... but not sure if I'm compelled to upgrade from my DVD.

But if you don't have the DVD, and like '50s Red Scare movies, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Still pining for Kino to be able to pry a certain other late-'50s cold-war extravaganza -- this one from Universal's vault (or from wherever it resides) -- for a long-overdue homevid debut....

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I'd like to purchase all 7 Noir sets but is the first still available for purchase?
I don't think so as I think the licensing for some of those five titles in that first set has expired.
Yes, at least one of the titles are no longer under license to us, so we cannot re-release the first volume. We do have a little over 100 slipcases left, that we'll eventually offer to fans at a reasonable price that would cover our cost of shipping and protective packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herman_tj
Recent bookmarks