What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (4 Viewers)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
View attachment 118531

46th Annual Saturn Award Nominees:

• 4D Man (Special Edition) – Best DVD/BD Classic Film Release
• The Day the Earth Caught Fire (Special Edition) – Best DVD/BD Classic Film Release
• Hercules in the Haunted World (Special Edition) – Best DVD/BD Classic Film Release
• The Magic Sword (Special Edition) – Best DVD/BD Classic Film Release

• Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (The Complete Collection) – Best DVD/BD TV Movie/Series Release

• Mad Max – Best 4K Film Release

• Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection – Best DVD/BD Collection
Where does Dr Cyclops come in?

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
That's three straight 60s films being released in January with no commentary. Not counting the 4ks. Hope this isn't a new trend for KL. I love their commentaries.

Not every film merits one. And sometimes it depends on finding someone who's motivated to do so. I believe I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that there weren't too many other people lining up to analyze SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUNFIGHTER.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Not every film merits one. And sometimes it depends on finding someone who's motivated to do so. I believe I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that there weren't too many other people lining up to analyze SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUNFIGHTER.
That may be so. But there are many undeserving films that get released and have commentaries. My point was and is that i hope that this isn't a trend away from commentaries on lesser older films.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Our December "Winter Wonderland" Sale should start on December 1st or 2nd.

We will have 6 announcements/Confirmations this weekend on Facebook & Twitter, FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VI (3 Universal titles) on Saturday, FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA VII (3 MGM titles) on Sunday.

klsc.jpg

rdimucci

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert DiMucci
I LOVE that KinoLorber is releasing the "Made For TV" version of Inherit The Wind!

Many people don't realize that from the 1970's to the 1990"s, the 3 tv networks routinely produced very high quality films that frequently featured top-tier stars, directors and behind-the-scenes talent.

I agree with both points made above, although in this case, the 1999 version of INHERIT THE WIND was produced for Showtime. However, the 1988 made-for-television version, with Kirk Douglas and Jason Robards, aired on NBC.

For this Kino release, Jack Lemmon and Beau Bridges received Emmy nominations, and George C. Scott got a SAG nomination. Lemmon won a Golden Globe Award for his performance.

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Hmmm... I *may* have gotten one of those Critic's Choice "Partnered with Kino" catalogs - but didn't look further than seeing "Critic's Choice" on the cover before tossing it. I used to look at them for entertainment but their prices are high so I started tossing them without so much as a 2nd glance. There may be people who order from them but it isn't me...

DonB34

Agent
Real Name
Donald
Hmmm... I *may* have gotten one of those Critic's Choice "Partnered with Kino" catalogs - but didn't look further than seeing "Critic's Choice" on the cover before tossing it. I used to look at them for entertainment but their prices are high so I started tossing them without so much as a 2nd glance. There may be people who order from them but it isn't me...
It has coupons in the front for free shipping, Buy Three Get One Free, 25% off.... different things for several months.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD!

The Apartment (1960)
Starring Jack Lemmon, Shirley MacLaine & Fred MacMurray – Shot by Joseph LaShelle (Laura, Marty) – Written by Billy Wilder & I.A.L. Diamond (One, Two, Three) – Directed by Billy Wilder (Some Like It Hot, The Fortune Cookie).

Trivia Note:

"Theme from The Apartment" by the piano duo Ferrante & Teicher reached #10 on Billboard's Hot 100 in 1960. It was written by British composer Charles Williams, but the tune's real name is "Jealous Lover" and it was written for a mostly forgotten 1949 film "The Romantic Age" (released as "Naughty Arlette" in the U.S.). Here is the Ferrante & Teicher version.

Theme from The Apartment

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Trivia Note:

"Theme from The Apartment" by the piano duo Ferrante & Teicher reached #10 on Billboard's Hot 100 in 1960. It was written by British composer Charles Williams, but the tune's real name is "Jealous Lover" and it was written for a mostly forgotten 1949 film "The Romantic Age" (released as "Naughty Arlette" in the U.S.). Here is the Ferrante & Teicher version.

Theme from The Apartment
I can tell you that as a piano student many, many years ago, that sheet music was one of the most challenging things I ever attempted to tackle. I worked on it for months and never really felt I did it justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendrickgsolis
Recent bookmarks