What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (8 Viewers)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

Shakedown (1950)
Starring Howard Duff, Peggy Dow, Brian Donlevy, Lawrence Tierney, Bruce Bennett, Anne Vernon & Rock Hudson – Shot by Irving Glassberg (Larceny, The Web) – Co-Written by Martin Goldsmith (The Narrow Margin, Detour) – Directed by Joseph Pevney (Female on the Beach, The Midnight Story).

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'UNDERWORLD BLAST! SHAKEDOWN Starring Howard DUFF Brian DONLEVY Peggy DOW Lawrence TIERNEY Bruce BENNETT Anne VERNON Screenplay by ALFRED LEWIS LEVITT and MARTIN GOLDSMITH Directed by JOE PEVNEY Produced by TED RICHMOND•A Universal International Picture''UNDERWORLD BLAST! SHAKEDOWN Starring Howard DUFF Brian DONLEVY Peggy DOW Lawrence TIERNEY Bruce BENNETT Anne VERNON Screenplay by ALFRED LEWIS LEVITT and MARTIN GOLDSMITH Directed by JOE PEVNEY Produced by TED RICHMOND•A Universal International Picture'
Joe Pevney directed some episodes of a NBC 60s Sci-Fi show

1632592053388.png

047b13428535d1ac820c1f265ceda056.jpg

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Coming December 7th!

Get Crazy (1983)
• Brand New 2K Master – Approved by Director Allan Arkush
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director Allan Arkush, Filmmaker Eli Roth and Filmmaker/Historian Daniel Kremer
THE AFTER PARTY: A NEW 76-Minute Documentary Featuring Malcom McDowell, Daniel Stern, Howard Kaylan, Stacy Nelkin, Gail Edwards, Lori Eastside and the Nada Band, Lee Ving, Allan Arkush, Screenwriter Danny Opatoshu and many other crew members who share their excitement and joy in making the movie that trace the origins of Get Crazy, plus anecdotes and many photos
• Music Video 1: GET CRAZY Theme Song by Sparks (1983 Made for MTV)
• Music Video 2: NOT GONNA TAKE IT NO MORE: Lori Eastside & the Nada Band (1983 Made for MTV)
• Music Video 3: NOT GONNA TAKE IT NO MORE: Lori Eastside & the Nada Band (2021 Return Performance of the Original Song)
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Allan Arkush
FAN FICTION: Punk Podcasters NO DOGS IN SPACE create life stories and discographies for Reggie Wanker, Lori Eastside & the Nada Band and Piggy
• Theatrical Trailer
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 92 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
From Allan Arkush, the acclaimed director of the cult classics Hollywood Boulevard, Rock ‘n’ Roll High School and Heartbeeps, comes this raucous musical comedy that invites you to get crazy... and say goodbye to your brain! It’s December 31, 1982, and Saturn Theater owner Max Wolfe is attempting to stage the biggest rock and roll concert of all time. But things aren’t going right. His doctor tells him he might have a fatal disease; his nephew and his arch-rival are in cahoots; a crazed fire inspector is spraying the audience with foam; and someone is trying to kill him and blow up the theater. Of course, these are secondary problems compared to those posed by the crazy rock and roll performers themselves. The gags come fast and furious from the truly insane cast that includes Allen Garfield, Daniel Stern, Gail Edwards, Miles Chapin, Ed Begley Jr., Stacey Nelkin, Bill Henderson, Lou Reed, Howard Kaylan, Lori Eastside, Lee Ving, John Densmore, Robert Picardo, Bobby Sherman, Paul Bartel, Mary Woronov, Clint Howard, Linnea Quigley, Dick Miller and the great Malcolm McDowell as debauched rock star Reggie Wanker.

View attachment 113891

FINALLY!!!

Been praying for this for literally decades. Absolutely Allan's masterpiece. All I have is a worn-out Beta off HBO.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Shakedown. Love it! Another one from Universal never out before. Thank you, Kino! Keep them coming.

Agreed. Kino is doing a great job of releasing noirs that have never made it to home video before. Upcoming are The Night Has a Thousand Eyes, Among the Living, and now Shakedown. And Warner Archive just released a real rarity, I Wouldn't Be in Your Shoes. These are good times for fans of film noir.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

Shakedown (1950)
Starring Howard Duff, Peggy Dow, Brian Donlevy, Lawrence Tierney, Bruce Bennett, Anne Vernon & Rock Hudson – Shot by Irving Glassberg (Larceny, The Web) – Co-Written by Martin Goldsmith (The Narrow Margin, Detour) – Directed by Joseph Pevney (Female on the Beach, The Midnight Story).

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'UNDERWORLD BLAST! SHAKEDOWN Starring Howard DUFF Brian DONLEVY Peggy DOW Lawrence TIERNEY Bruce BENNETT Anne VERNON Screenplay by ALFRED LEWIS LEVITT and MARTIN GOLDSMITH Directed by JOE PEVNEY Produced by TED RICHMOND•A Universal International Picture''UNDERWORLD BLAST! SHAKEDOWN Starring Howard DUFF Brian DONLEVY Peggy DOW Lawrence TIERNEY Bruce BENNETT Anne VERNON Screenplay by ALFRED LEWIS LEVITT and MARTIN GOLDSMITH Directed by JOE PEVNEY Produced by TED RICHMOND•A Universal International Picture'
Any time a good film from the U-I era comes out, it's a good thing - most of those haven't been seen in a long time!

I'd rather see more U-I era stuff than the pre-1948 Paramounts...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

From a 4K Scan of the Best Available Elements by Universal!

Where There’s Life (1947)
Starring Bob Hope, Signe Hasso, William Bendix & George Coulouris – Shot by Charles Lang (Some Like It Hot, Sabrina) – Screenplay by Melville Shavelson (The Paleface, Wonder Man) & Allen Boretz (Room Service, It Ain’t Hay) – Directed by Sidney Lanfield (My Favorite Blonde, The Lemon Drop Kid).

242898537_4458827190840820_8325952477303062042_n.jpg

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Any time a good film from the U-I era comes out, it's a good thing - most of those haven't been seen in a long time!

I'd rather see more U-I era stuff than the pre-1948 Paramounts...

HOPE …. you are wrong, still lots of pre-1948 Paramount's, Hope and others, that need a quality release as well

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
I love Where There's Life. But I have the DVD and probably won't upgrade.

Really looking forward to Shakedown and other new-to-home-media titles KL can unearth from that vast Universal library.

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

From a 4K Scan of the Best Available Elements by Universal!

Where There’s Life (1947)
Starring Bob Hope, Signe Hasso, William Bendix & George Coulouris – Shot by Charles Lang (Some Like It Hot, Sabrina) – Screenplay by Melville Shavelson (The Paleface, Wonder Man) & Allen Boretz (Room Service, It Ain’t Hay) – Directed by Sidney Lanfield (My Favorite Blonde, The Lemon Drop Kid).

242898537_4458827190840820_8325952477303062042_n.jpg
Yes! More Bob Hope, Thank You, KINO!!!!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm always up for more Bob Hope! I'd love to see Bob Hope & Lucille Ball's Fancy Pants get a blu-ray release but I'm guessing Universal does not own the rights since it came out in 1950.
That's correct but I'd love to see Paramount issue blu rays of Casanova's Big Night, Here Come The Girls and never seen the light of day on DVD or laser disc, Beau James and That Certain Feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks