What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (10 Viewers)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Their social media account confirmed the only difference is the inclusion of a slipcover - they said the intention for the reissue was for people who missed out earlier to have another chance, it’s not intended for double dips. Since I missed the first and am a big Peter Hyams fan I will probably get this.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming December 7th!

Mr. Majestyk (1974)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Paul Talbot, Author of the BRONSON'S LOOSE! Books
• Interview with Director of Photography Richard H. Kline (14:00)
• Interview with Actress Lee Purcell (27:56)
• TV Spot
• Theatrical Trailer
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Reversible Art
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 103 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
Cinema’s most rugged tough guy, Charles Bronson (Violent City, Death Wish), stars as Vince Majestyk, an ex-con and Vietnam vet whose efforts to run a farm are thwarted by narrow-minded locals and corrupt cops. But when a Mafia hit man (Al Lettieri, The Getaway, McQ) destroys Majestyk’s crop, the farmer’s fuse is finally blown. With his rifle in hand and his girlfriend (Linda Cristal, The Perfect Furlough) at the wheel, he goes after the syndicate assassin. And from high-speed back-road chases to an explosive backwoods confrontation, mobster and maverick stalk each other: two of a kind, antagonists to the death. Directed by Hollywood ace Richard Fleischer (The Vikings, The Don Is Dead) and written by the legendary Elmore Leonard (52 Pick-Up, Out of Sight), Mr. Majestyk features wonderful supporting turns by Lee Purcell (Big Wednesday), Paul Koslo (The Stone Killer) and Taylor Lacher (Devil Times Five).

Mr. Majestyk.jpg

Gerani53

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary Gerani
Coming December 7th!

Busting (1974) Limited Edition Re-Release
• 2015 HD Master
• Audio Commentary by Director Peter Hyams
• Audio Commentary with Star Elliott Gould and Film Critic Kim Morgan
• Theatrical Trailer
• O-Card Slipcase

Color 92 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Meet the long and short of L.A.’s vice squad… Keneely (Elliott Gould, The Long Goodbye) is the lanky one… Farrel (Robert Blake, Electra Glide in Blue) is the short one… they may not be the best cops in town, but they sure are the toughest. Stand by for plenty of action in this fast-paced thriller that marked the impressive debut of writer and director Peter Hyams who later went on to make Capricorn One, Outland and Running Scared. Gould and Blake play a pair of Los Angeles cops who find themselves in a bitter conflict with their corrupt superiors as they wage a two-men war against crime czar Carl Rizzo (Allen Garfield, The Organization). And even when they’re demoted after a hair-raising shootout, the two dedicated cops are ready to break every rule in the book to bring their quarry to justice. The stellar cast includes Antonio Fargas (Across 110th Street), Michael Lerner (Barton Fink), Sid Haig (Pit Stop), Cornelia Sharpe (Serpico) and William Sylvester (2001: A Space Odyssey).

View attachment 113206
View attachment 113207

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Their social media account confirmed the only difference is the inclusion of a slipcover - they said the intention for the reissue was for people who missed out earlier to have another chance, it’s not intended for double dips. Since I missed the first and am a big Peter Hyams fan I will probably get this.
Was hoping there would be a stereo or 5.1 track included in this edition, but if it's straight reissue then I guess not.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming December 7th!

The Long Goodbye (1973)
Brand New Master – 4K Scan of the Inter-positive
NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
• Rip Van Marlowe: Featurette with Robert Altman and Elliott Gould
• Vilmos Zsigmond Flashes THE LONG GOODBYE: Featurette
• David Thompson on Robert Altman: Featurette
• Tom Williams on Raymond Chandler: Featurette
• Maxim Jakubowski on Hard Boiled Fiction: Featurette
• American Cinematographer 1973 Article with Animation
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Josh Olson
• Radio Spots
• TV Spot
• Two Theatrical Trailers
• Reversible Art

112 Minutes Color 2.35:1 Rated R
Elliott Gould (Busting, The Silent Partner) gives one of his best performances as a quirky, mischievous Philip Marlowe in this fascinating and original send-up of Raymond Chandler’s classic detective story from maverick filmmaker Robert Altman (McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Nashville). Co-starring Nina van Pallandt (American Gigolo), Sterling Hayden (The Killing), Mark Rydell (Punchline) and Henry Gibson (The Blues Brothers) with a screenplay by Leigh Brackett (The Big Sleep, The Empire Strikes Back), The Long Goodbye is a gloriously inspired subversion of the film noir genre with the “sun-baked Sodom” of 1970s Hollywood as its backdrop. Private eye Philip Marlowe (Gould) faces the most bizarre case of his life, when a friend’s apparent suicide turns into a double murder involving a sexy blonde, a disturbed gangster and a suitcase full of drug money. But as Marlowe stumbles toward the truth, he soon finds himself lost in a maze of sex and deceit—only to discover that in L.A., if love is dangerous... friendship is murder.

Long Goodbye.jpg

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
BUSTING: Music by the late, great Billy Goldenberg, subject of my new documentary. Billy also did the scores for various KL releases (FEAR NO EVIL, RITUAL OF EVIL, CHANGE OF HABIT, the upcoming NIGHT GALLERY pilot, the upcoming THE UFO INCIDENT, etc.).
Wonderful score - we issued it on CD - still available. Glad you're doing a documentary and hope you're talking to Lloyd Pederson.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Did you actually watch Mr. Majestyk?
I was eleven or twelve years old at the time Charles Bronson with a shotgun shooting at people while throwing watermelons in the back of a truck hell yeah I watched it. The age when he was like one of the biggest bad asses on the face of the Earth. Steady diet of drive-in movies every summer, other ones I have fond memories of The Great Waldo Pepper

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
KL Insider, Will .....The Horse Soldiers Bluray have a Slipcase ? I am Very Happy about this release and Vera Cruz ! ;) I hope soon KL releases a New Remaster for ...Battle of Britain (1969) UA ... The MGM Bluray I have is from 2007 ! Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 Thanks for another Great year of Great KL releases for my Collection ! :biggrin: :banana:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming December 7th!

Get Crazy (1983)
• Brand New 2K Master – Approved by Director Allan Arkush
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director Allan Arkush, Filmmaker Eli Roth and Filmmaker/Historian Daniel Kremer
THE AFTER PARTY: A NEW 76-Minute Documentary Featuring Malcom McDowell, Daniel Stern, Howard Kaylan, Stacy Nelkin, Gail Edwards, Lori Eastside and the Nada Band, Lee Ving, Allan Arkush, Screenwriter Danny Opatoshu and many other crew members who share their excitement and joy in making the movie that trace the origins of Get Crazy, plus anecdotes and many photos
• Music Video 1: GET CRAZY Theme Song by Sparks (1983 Made for MTV)
• Music Video 2: NOT GONNA TAKE IT NO MORE: Lori Eastside & the Nada Band (1983 Made for MTV)
• Music Video 3: NOT GONNA TAKE IT NO MORE: Lori Eastside & the Nada Band (2021 Return Performance of the Original Song)
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Allan Arkush
FAN FICTION: Punk Podcasters NO DOGS IN SPACE create life stories and discographies for Reggie Wanker, Lori Eastside & the Nada Band and Piggy
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 92 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
From Allan Arkush, the acclaimed director of the cult classics Hollywood Boulevard, Rock ‘n’ Roll High School and Heartbeeps, comes this raucous musical comedy that invites you to get crazy... and say goodbye to your brain! It’s December 31, 1982, and Saturn Theater owner Max Wolfe is attempting to stage the biggest rock and roll concert of all time. But things aren’t going right. His doctor tells him he might have a fatal disease; his nephew and his arch-rival are in cahoots; a crazed fire inspector is spraying the audience with foam; and someone is trying to kill him and blow up the theater. Of course, these are secondary problems compared to those posed by the crazy rock and roll performers themselves. The gags come fast and furious from the truly insane cast that includes Allen Garfield, Daniel Stern, Gail Edwards, Miles Chapin, Ed Begley Jr., Stacey Nelkin, Bill Henderson, Lou Reed, Howard Kaylan, Lori Eastside, Lee Ving, John Densmore, Robert Picardo, Bobby Sherman, Paul Bartel, Mary Woronov, Clint Howard, Linnea Quigley, Dick Miller and the great Malcolm McDowell as debauched rock star Reggie Wanker.

738329256821.jpg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming December 7th!

21 Hours at Munich (1976)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Screenwriter Gary Gerani
• Includes both the 1.33:1 TV and the 1.78:1 Theatrical Ratios
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 101 Minutes 1.78:1 | 1.33:1 Not Rated
September 5, 1972. The darkest day in sports history. Some 900 million sports fans tune in to watch the Olympics on TV. Instead, they see the most shocking scenes unfold... screen legend William Holden (The Devil’s Brigade, Breezy) and Shirley Knight (The Group, Juggernaut) turn this real-life catastrophic event into a mesmerizing story of suspense, anger and disbelief. The perpetrators wear tracksuits, but they are anything but athletes. Known as “Black September,” these Arab terrorists storm the Olympic village before dawn and take the Israeli team hostage. They make their demands as the minutes tick by. But from this point on, it isn’t about who takes home the gold. It’s about who comes home at all. Franco Nero (The Mercenary), Anthony Quayle (The Tamarind Seed), Richard Basehart (The Satan Bug) and Paul L. Smith (Midnight Express) co-star in this pulse-pounding TV movie from veteran director William A. Graham (Change of Habit) based on Serge Groussard’s book The Blood of Israel.

738329256906.jpg

• Includes both the 1.33:1 TV and the 1.78:1 Theatrical Ratios

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

Shakedown (1950)
Starring Howard Duff, Peggy Dow, Brian Donlevy, Lawrence Tierney, Bruce Bennett, Anne Vernon & Rock Hudson – Shot by Irving Glassberg (Larceny, The Web) – Co-Written by Martin Goldsmith (The Narrow Margin, Detour) – Directed by Joseph Pevney (Female on the Beach, The Midnight Story).

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'UNDERWORLD BLAST! SHAKEDOWN Starring Howard DUFF Brian DONLEVY Peggy DOW Lawrence TIERNEY Bruce BENNETT Anne VERNON Screenplay by ALFRED LEWIS LEVITT and MARTIN GOLDSMITH Directed by JOE PEVNEY Produced by TED RICHMOND•A Universal International Picture'

Rodney

Premium
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

Shakedown (1950)
Starring Howard Duff, Peggy Dow, Brian Donlevy, Lawrence Tierney, Bruce Bennett, Anne Vernon & Rock Hudson – Shot by Irving Glassberg (Larceny, The Web) – Co-Written by Martin Goldsmith (The Narrow Margin, Detour) – Directed by Joseph Pevney (Female on the Beach, The Midnight Story).
Great news! I don't believe this ever got a DVD release, I haven't seen it, but will be glad to rectify that thanks to Kino,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davido626
Recent bookmarks