What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (24 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
No new announcements since Sunday! I guess I've been spoiled by the almost daily announcements to which I've grown accustomed. Are we building up to a whole list of new releases, or is this just a well-deserved rest
for Those In The Know?
The Kino Insider is on vacation this week!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Golden Earrings (1947)
Starring Marlene Dietrich & Ray Milland – Shot by Daniel L. Fapp (The Great Escape) – Screenplay by Abraham Polonsky (Force of Evil), Frank Butler (Road to Morocco) & Helen Deutsch (Lili) – Directed by Mitchell Leisen (Death Takes a Holiday, Midnight).

1631977337527.png

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Golden Earrings (1947)
Starring Marlene Dietrich & Ray Milland – Shot by Daniel L. Fapp (The Great Escape) – Screenplay by Abraham Polonsky (Force of Evil), Frank Butler (Road to Morocco) & Helen Deutsch (Lili) – Directed by Mitchell Leisen (Death Takes a Holiday, Midnight).

View attachment 112872
The last of the titles in the old Universal "Marlene Dietrich-The Glamour Collection" set to make it to blu ray. Now the set can be safely dumped.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Golden Earrings (1947)

View attachment 112872
I've seen this film only once. I'd like to see it again. If this disc is really good, I'll buy it.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The last of the titles in the old Universal "Marlene Dietrich-The Glamour Collection" set to make it to blu ray. Now the set can be safely dumped.
Not only is this film full of Hoey ... but it looks from the poster they are having Radar Love ;) !

or have I stepped into the

;)!

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Golden Earrings (1947)

View attachment 112872

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I seem to recall that Dietrich loathed Millard so much that she ate raw garlic and coated herself
in goose grease before their love scenes. Am I correct in this?

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I like this film. But i like most WW2 based films. Mostly the ones made during or just post WW2. Plus i'm a Milland fan.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I seem to recall that Dietrich loathed Millard so much that she ate raw garlic and coated herself
I've never heard that story before and I doubt that it's true. First, Marlene Dietrich was a diamond-hard professional and would not behave in such an unprofessional way. Second, Ray Milland seems to have been an easy going nice guy who would not provoke such dislike. I've never heard any of his co-workers say anything bad about him. Even knocking Clark Gable out by accident didn't make him any enemies!

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Baby as I'm doing my happy dance. :dance: It's too bad this isn't a 4K disc release as this is a beautiful movie that is mainly filmed outdoors on location. Anyhow, it's a terrific replacement for that prior disappointing Blu-ray.
I’ll agree the prior release was not a pristine transfer, but I’m certainly not disappointed in it (say like The Sons Of Katie Elder, Hatari, or Rio Bravo). However, if Kino releases a substantially better transfer, I will certainly double dip on this one

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I’ll agree the prior release was not a pristine transfer, but I’m certainly not disappointed in it (say like The Sons Of Katie Elder, Hatari, or Rio Bravo). However, if Kino releases a substantially better transfer, I will certainly double dip on this one
I don't totally agree with you, but will not debate the issue with you further, since those other titles aren't with Kino. That argument is appropriate for another thread.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
ps: Did some Googling, and it does seem that the two actors disliked each other intensely. But I can't
find the "goose grease" anecdote. I have a feeling it came from one of those "Bad Things Actors Have Said
About Each Other" books, which are always fun to read, but should be taken with a large grain of salt.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Golden Earrings (1947)

View attachment 112872
Mitchell Leisen is an underrated direcor. I like many of his films. I would like Kino to publish “Remember the Night” on blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scoundrel
Recent bookmarks