What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (29 Viewers)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
I might have missed this, but is there any update on Kino's plans to release Blue Skies with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire? As I remember, it was announced without a definite date, but I don't seem to be able to find any further information on its pending release. By the way, thoroughly enjoying Thoroughly Modern Millie, a favorite of my mom's who just passed away on Sept. 4, this year.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I might have missed this, but is there any update on Kino's plans to release Blue Skies with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire? As I remember, it was announced without a definite date, but I don't seem to be able to find any further information on its pending release. By the way, thoroughly enjoying Thoroughly Modern Millie, a favorite of my mom's who just passed away on Sept. 4, this year.
That title's release date hasn't been announced for this year which means it's not coming out until some time in 2022.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming November 30th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/jet-pilot-blu-ray

Jet Pilot (1957)
• Includes Both the 1.85:1 Widescreen and 1.37 Versions of the Film
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 113 Minutes 1.85:1 | 1.37:1 Not Rated
From producer Howard Hughes (Hell’s Angels, The Outlaw) and director Josef von Sternberg (Thunderbolt, The Blue Angel) comes the thrilling and often humorous Cold War adventure Jet Pilot starring screen greats John Wayne (Rio Bravo, Brannigan) and Janet Leigh (Touch of Evil, The Manchurian Candidate). Wayne gives one of his most commanding performances as an American Air Force colonel who is sent by the Pentagon to obtain top-secret information from a Russian pilot (Leigh). The two eventually fall in love and, with their marriage as a perfect cover, the colonel is ordered to flee to Russia with his bride—this time with him posing as a defector. When the political charade is discovered, however, the courageous couple must embark on a heart-pounding escape with enemy agents in hot pursuit. Written by Jules Furthman (Spawn of the North, Nightmare Alley) and shot by Winton C. Hoch (Joan of Arc, The Quiet Man), Jet Pilot is a high-flying spectacle that “soars in an ecstatic flight of speed, grace and color” (Andrew Sarris).

738329256661.jpg

Last edited:

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I'm happy KL has a commentary track from Nick Pinkerton on Jet Pilot. I've always liked this film. It will be nice to get some background on the production.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming November 30th from Scorpion Releasing & Kino Lorber!

Slow Dancing in the Big City (1978)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Interview with Composer Bill Conti
• NEW Interview with Actor Nicolas Coster
• Blu-ray Reversible Art
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 110 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
Slow Dancing in the Big City
, a beautiful romance movie from the director of Rocky. Lou Friedlander (Paul Sorvino, Goodfellas, That Championship Season, Blood Brothers) is a popular columnist for the New York Daily News, writing about the little people of bustling New York City. His life changes dramatically upon falling in love with neighbor Sarah Gantz (Anne Ditchburn, Curtains, Six Weeks), a young ballerina who had just discovered she is stricken with a debilitating condition that will eventually force her to quit dancing. Will this mismatched couple find romance before it’s too late? Also starring Nicolas Coster (Golden Girl, The Sporting Club, Little Darlings), beautifully scored by Bill Conti (Rocky, The Formula, The Right Stuff) and directed by John G. Avildsen (Rocky, Neighbors, The Karate Kid, Lean on Me). Now see this lost classic in HD from a brand new 2K Scan of the Interpositive.

738329253936.jpg

738329253936_back.jpg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming December 7th!

21 Hours at Munich (1976)
September 5, 1972. The darkest day in sports history. Some 900 million sports fans tune in to watch the Olympics on TV. Instead, they see the most shocking scenes unfold... screen legend William Holden (The Devil’s Brigade, Breezy) and Shirley Knight (The Group, Juggernaut) turn this real-life catastrophic event into a mesmerizing story of suspense, anger and disbelief. The perpetrators wear tracksuits, but they are anything but athletes. Known as “Black September,” these Arab terrorists storm the Olympic village before dawn and take the Israeli team hostage. They make their demands as the minutes tick by. But from this point on, it isn’t about who takes home the gold. It’s about who comes home at all. Franco Nero (The Mercenary), Anthony Quayle (The Tamarind Seed) and Richard Basehart (The Satan Bug) co-star in this pulse-pounding TV movie from veteran director William A. Graham (Change of Habit) based on Serge Groussard’s book The Blood of Israel.

Extras and other details will be announced soon!

21 Hours.jpg

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
Coming December 7th!

September 5, 1972. The darkest day in sports history. Some 900 million sports fans tune in to watch the Olympics on TV. Instead, they see the most shocking scenes unfold... screen legend William Holden (The Devil’s Brigade, Breezy) and Shirley Knight (The Group, Juggernaut) turn this real-life catastrophic event into a mesmerizing story of suspense, anger and disbelief. The perpetrators wear tracksuits, but they are anything but athletes. Known as “Black September,” these Arab terrorists storm the Olympic village before dawn and take the Israeli team hostage. They make their demands as the minutes tick by. But from this point on, it isn’t about who takes home the gold. It’s about who comes home at all. Franco Nero (The Mercenary), Anthony Quayle (The Tamarind Seed) and Richard Basehart (The Satan Bug) co-star in this pulse-pounding TV movie from veteran director William A. Graham (Change of Habit) based on Serge Groussard’s book The Blood of Israel.

View attachment 111868
"The most violent episode in the history of terrorism"

Sadly, the events of twenty years ago this weekend make this tagline from the 1970s out of date.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Don't know, but it's weird to see this coming from Scorpion. This is WAY more up Kino's alley. I guess it's great that Scorpion wants to expand into other genres but I liked them more when they released horror and Z grade action films
Scorpion has been releasing melodramas since the beginning, The Girl in Blue, Fools, Sweet William, Paper Tiger, A Summer Story, David and Lisa, Steaming, Hard Country...

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Coming December 7th!

View attachment 111868
I remember watching the tragic events of the 1972 Olympics play out on television as a kid. I purchased the DVD of the documentary One Day in September a few years ago and look forward to purchasing this dramatization when it is released. Thank you KL for releasing this!

I know MGM released it on DVD in 2005; will KL's release be DVD and Blu-ray or Blu-ray only?

Sean

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming in December on Blu-ray & DVD!

The Christmas Tree (1969)
Starring William Holden, Virna Lisi & Bourvil – Shot by Henri Alekan (Roman Holiday) – Music by George Auric (Rififi) – Written & Directed Terence Young (Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Wait Until Dark).

1631372493479.png

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming in December on Blu-ray & DVD!

The Christmas Tree (1969)
Starring William Holden, Virna Lisi & Bourvil – Shot by Henri Alekan (Roman Holiday) – Music by George Auric (Rififi) – Written & Directed Terence Young (Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Wait Until Dark).

View attachment 112006
I saw when it was released. A good film but a real tearjerker.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

I’m Dangerous Tonight (1990)
Mädchen Amick, Anthony Perkins, Dee Wallace & R. Lee Ermey – Shot by Levie Isaacks (Leprechaun) – Directed by Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Poltergeist, Lifeforce).

1631458883996.png

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Scorpion has been releasing melodramas since the beginning, The Girl in Blue, Fools, Sweet William, Paper Tiger, A Summer Story, David and Lisa, Steaming, Hard Country...

Yes, but the majority of my Scorpion collection is comprised of horror and exploitation. Maybe Scorpion was only really interested in melodramas all along and just released horror as a way to cast a wider net? It's not uncommon for labels to do that. Judging by the sheer amount of horror and exploitation that they've released so far I'd say it has been their bread and butter.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
No new announcements since Sunday! I guess I've been spoiled by the almost daily announcements to which I've grown accustomed. Are we building up to a whole list of new releases, or is this just a well-deserved rest
for Those In The Know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scoundrel
Recent bookmarks