What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (9 Viewers)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm from Pennsylvania, all of California is L.A. to my dumb country ass. :laugh:
Well, unlike cities like Chicago, San Francisco, Boston etc. which are proper cities, Los Angeles is an umbrella term for many cities like Hollywood, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Venice, Burbank, Culver City, Glendale, Compton, etc. They're all Los Angeles. San Pedro is in Los Angeles county. There is an actual city of Los Angeles that's about 470 square miles while the county of L.A. is about 4,000 square miles. I live in North Hollywood but outside of California, if people ask me where I'm from, I just say L.A.

Now, back to To Live And Die In L.A. before I get my wrists slapped. ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Clearly you've forgotten IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD, which is essentially one long chase scene, with some stunts that are still hair-raising even today.
I think you've literally missed the point of what we were really discussing here. However, have it your way as it really isn't germane to what this thread is about.

Real Name
Hal Masonberg
UHD is a fad and everyone knows it. Criterion's 2018 release is 4K director approved restoration, going to be very hard top that for this up coming reissue.
A Blu-ray release of a 4K transfer is not the same quality as a 4K release of a 4K transfer. Add HDR-10 and Dolby Vision and you're talking about an entirely different color palette. The difference is quite large most of the time (some titles gain more than others). The detail, the blacks, the textures... Blu-rays can be gorgeous. Currently, 4K is the highest quality for mass-market home theater viewing (until 8K becomes a standard, of course) and the difference to my eyes is quite impressive. Oftentimes a vast improvement over the Blu-ray counterparts.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
Clearly you've forgotten IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD, which is essentially one long chase scene, with some stunts that are still hair-raising even today.
For that matter, the Keystone Kops had some great car chases as well.

As for JET PILOT, I look forward to seeing this release, micrometer in hand to measure the exact aspect ratio. ;)

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor
For that matter, the Keystone Kops had some great car chases as well.
And let’s not forget those serials from the 30s. There’s a scene in The Hurricane Express that involves an automobile and a train, that is exhilarating to watch. Not sure how those guys timed those stunts, but they are pretty incredible to watch

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 26th!

For Love or Money (1993)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Entertainment Journalist and Author Bryan Reesman
• Theatrical Trailer
• 5.1 Surround & Lossless 2.0 Stereo
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 96 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
From Barry Sonnenfeld, the acclaimed director of The Addams Family, Get Shorty, Men in Black and Big Trouble, comes this sparkling romantic comedy starring Michael J. Fox (Secret of My Success) and Gabrielle Anwar (Scent of a Woman). Douglas Ireland (Fox) is in one heck of a bind. While he caters to the whims of the super-rich, he dreams of building his own luxury hotel and hopes that a wealthy but unscrupulous investor (Anthony Higgins, Young Sherlock Holmes) will help. There’s one condition: Ireland must “baby-sit” the investor’s beautiful young mistress (Anwar). But soon, he must decide whether the love of his life is worth more than the dream of his life. In the grand tradition of classic comedies, this sophisticated and witty film puts a delightful spin on love, laughter and romance. The wonderful supporting cast includes Bob Balaban (A Mighty Wind), Michael Tucker (TV’s L.A. Law), Udo Kier (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective), Dan Hedaya (A Night at the Roxbury), Simon Jones (TV’s The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy), Fyvush Finkel (TV’s Picket Fences) and fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi!

738329256029.jpg

Last edited:

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Coming October 26th!

For Love or Money (1993)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Entertainment Journalist and Author Bryan Reesman
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 96 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
From Barry Sonnenfeld, the acclaimed director of The Addams Family, Get Shorty, Men in Black and Big Trouble, comes this sparkling romantic comedy starring Michael J. Fox (Secret of My Success) and Gabrielle Anwar (Scent of a Woman). Douglas Ireland (Fox) is in one heck of a bind. While he caters to the whims of the super-rich, he dreams of building his own luxury hotel and hopes that a wealthy but unscrupulous investor (Anthony Higgins, Young Sherlock Holmes) will help. There’s one condition: Ireland must “baby-sit” the investor’s beautiful young mistress (Anwar). But soon, he must decide whether the love of his life is worth more than the dream of his life. In the grand tradition of classic comedies, this sophisticated and witty film puts a delightful spin on love, laughter and romance. The wonderful supporting cast includes Bob Balaban (A Mighty Wind), Michael Tucker (TV’s L.A. Law), Udo Kier (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective), Dan Hedaya (A Night at the Roxbury), Simon Jones (TV’s The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy), Fyvush Finkel (TV’s Picket Fences) and fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi!

View attachment 105709
Awww I thought it was the one with Kirk Douglas , Mitzi Gaynor and Thelma Ritter

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AaronChi
    Recent bookmarks