What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (10 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

Village of the Giants (1965)
Starring Tommy Kirk, Ron Howard, Beau Bridges, Joy Harmon, Joe Turkel, Johnny Crawford, Tisha Sterling, Gail Gilmore & Toni Basil – Shot by Paul Vogel (The Time Machine) – Screenplay by Alan Caillou (Kingdom of the Spiders) & Bert I. Gordon – Based on a Novel by H.G. Wells (The War of the Worlds) – Directed by Bert I. Gordon (The Amazing Colossal Man, The Magic Sword).

May be an image of one or more people

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This sounds fun. I'd also love to see TORMENTED get a Blu-ray. Also, if Susan Hart would grow one (a heart, that is), it would be cool to have AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, which is actually a pretty good movie.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
KL Insider, will the September release of The Blue Panther (aka Marie Chantal vs Dr. Kha) include the English audio dub? Or merely English subtitles to accompany the original French audio?

Thanks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD!

Brand New Dolby Vision HDR Master!

To Live and Die in L.A. (1985)
Starring William Petersen, Willem Dafoe, John Turturro, Darlanne Fluegel, John Pankow, Debra Feuer, Dean Stockwell, Steve James & Robert Downey Sr. – Shot by Robby Müller (Down by Law) – Music by Wang Chung – Screenplay by William Friedkin & Gerald Petievich (The Sentinel) – Based on a Novel by Gerald Petievich – Directed by William Friedkin (The French Connection, The Exorcist, Sorcerer).

May be an image of text

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Princess Bride? Platoon?
Nope! This movie got mixed reviews, but, I always thought "To Live and Die in L.A." was some brilliant filmmaking. I can still remember seeing this on opening night during it's theatrical run. I already own this twice on Blu-ray so why not on 4K disc.:)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nope! This movie got mixed reviews, but, I always thought "To Live and Die in L.A." was some brilliant filmmaking. I can still remember seeing this on opening night during it's theatrical run.
Friedkin might not outdo the car chase in The French Connection but he comes close with the freeway chase in this movie because it's a thrilling sequence. Plus, you can't go wrong with a movie that has both William Petersen and Willem Dafoe.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Friedkin might not outdo the car chase in The French Connection but he comes close with the freeway chase in this movie. Plus, you can't go wrong with a movie that has both William Petersen and Willem Dafoe.
I actually think it's a better and more elaborate car chase than the one in "The French Connection".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The reason I could see giving it to The French Connection is because it was one of the first big car chases in a movie and helped set the trend.
True, but "Bullitt" (1968) was the first big car chase in movies so I give that the most credit.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Nope! This movie got mixed reviews, but, I always thought "To Live and Die in L.A." was some brilliant filmmaking. I can still remember seeing this on opening night during it's theatrical run. I already own this twice on Blu-ray so why not on 4K disc.:)
The title is a misnomer. It should have been called To Live And Die In San Pedro since most of the movie was shot there. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks