What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (20 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Brand New 2K Master!

The Mystery of Edwin Drood (1935)
Starring Claude Rains, Valerie Hobson, Heather Angel & David Manners – Shot by George Robinson (The Invisible Ray) – Co-Written by John L. Balderson (Frankenstein) – Directed by Stuart Walker (Werewolf of London).

1619881306834.png

[email protected]

Second Unit

Coming Soon!

Brand New 2K Master!

Starring Claude Rains, Valerie Hobson, Heather Angel & David Manners – Shot by George Robinson (The Invisible Ray) – Co-Written by John L. Balderson (Frankenstein) – Directed by Stuart Walker (Werewolf of London).

View attachment 96101
Yes!!!! Thank you, Kino!!!!!!!!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Coming Soon!

Brand New 2K Master!

View attachment 96101
I know this is an original poster.

I just didn't realize they had 'bad photoshop' in the early 30s

:D

Real Name
Kent
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray July 6th from Kino Classics!

Moments Without Proper Names (1987)
Starring Gordon Parks, Avery Brooks, Roscoe Lee Browne
Directed by Gordon Parks

In his final film as director, Gordon Parks (The Learning Tree, Shaft) turned the camera upon himself and created a deeply personal and remarkably poetic self-portrait. Moments Without Proper Names blends Parks’s striking photographs (spanning four decades) with newly-shot footage of the artist, his own musical compositions, and personal reminiscences performed by a trio of esteemed actors: Avery Brooks, Roscoe Lee Browne, and Joe Seneca. Restored from the original camera negatives, presented in cooperation with the Gordon Parks Foundation and the Library of Congress, Moments Without Proper Names offers a penetrating gaze into the life and mind of one of the 20th Century’s most celebrated artists.

Special features:
*Flavio (1964, 11 Min.) directed by Gordon Parks
*Listen to a Stranger: An Interview with Gordon Parks (1973, 19 Min.) *Audio commentary by producer Shep Morgan and executive producer Jeanne Wolf
*Optional English SDH subtitles

View attachment 95846
I could not be more excited about this release! The work of Gordon Parks means a great deal to me!
THANK YOU, KINO!

cadavra

Second Unit
Real Name
mike schlesinger

Coming Soon!

Brand New 2K Master!

View attachment 96101

The movie that answers the question: Is DROOD really improved by removing the songs and settling on one ending? :lol:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The movie that answers the question: Is DROOD really improved by removing the songs and settling on one ending? :lol:
I haven't even seen the movie and I can answer that question. NO!

I think the musical version of The Mystery of Edwin Drood is one of the marvels of the musical theater.

lark144

Premium
Real Name
mark gross
I haven't even seen the movie and I can answer that question. NO!
Regardless, I'm looking forward to this film, which I've never seen either. Andre Sennwald, of the New York Times, gave it a modified rave when it opened in New York in 1935, though he felt the way the mystery had been resolved was a bit by the numbers.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Brand New 2K Master!

Monsieur Beaucaire (1946)
Starring Bob Hope & Joan Caulfield – Screenplay by Melvin Frank (Road to Utopia) & Norman Panama (My Favorite Blonde) – Shot by Lionel Lindon (The Manchurian Candidate) – Directed by George Marshall (Murder, He Says, The Ghost Breakers).

1619968977574.png

[email protected]

Second Unit

Coming Soon!

Brand New 2K Master!

Starring Bob Hope & Joan Caulfield – Screenplay by Melvin Frank (Road to Utopia) & Norman Panama (My Favorite Blonde) – Shot by Lionel Lindon (The Manchurian Candidate) – Directed by George Marshall (Murder, He Says, The Ghost Breakers).

View attachment 96140
Woo-hoo!! KINO does it again!!!!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Coming Soon!

Brand New 2K Master!

View attachment 96140
Supposedly there was just one Bob Hope in the current Universal deal, and I was hoping this was the one.

This is my favorite non-Road film of his.

Thank you Kino.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Great Bob Hope title. Hope the technicolor is really brought out in the new 2K master.
You may be thinking of the similar (and IMHO, better) CASANOVA'S BIG NIGHT (1954) which looks spectacular on the Paramount standard DVD release of a few years ago. CASANOVA was in gorgeous Technicolor while BEAUCAIRE is in black and white.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
You may be thinking of the similar (and IMHO, better) CASANOVA'S BIG NIGHT (1954) which looks spectacular on the Paramount standard DVD release of a few years ago. CASANOVA was in gorgeous Technicolor while BEAUCAIRE is in black and white.
Yep

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snaves