What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (8 Viewers)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Not breaking the rules by saying with my order for 3 copies of Alias Nick Beal waiting to be ordered as gifts and thanks to Universal for finally legally clearing the film I wonder if Universal clears Hellzapoppin' would Kino snatch it up? When will the link be up to order Beal??????????????

Last edited:

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
As best I can tell there have been no announcements since Sunday's SECRET OF THE BLUE ROOM. Is
Kino taking a well-deserved rest?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A half-dozen or so posts have just been relocated to THIS pre-existing thread in the Forum Feedback sub-forum.

=============

THIS thread (that you are reading now) is ONLY for announcements from the Kino Insider and reaction to those announcements.

THIS THREAD is for critical discussion of Kino releases.

And, THIS THREAD is for discussion as to the status of the Kino Announcements thread (which you are reading now) and to any suggestions/comments about changes which might be made to its current state and its rules. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

As always, do NOT respond to the content of this post in this thread as it would be inappropriate.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Brand New HD Master from a 2K Scan of the Interpositive!

The 7th Dawn (1964)
Starring William Holden, Susannah York, Capucine & Tetsurô Tanba – Shot by Freddie Young (Lawrence of Arabia) – Music by Riz Ortolani (The Hunting Party) – Written by Karl Tunberg (Ben-Hur) – Directed by Lewis Gilbert (Alfie, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me).

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and text that says 'A Strange Land Sleeps Like Beautiful Woman- So Still,SoMysterious, So sterious, So Untouched. UNTIL THE FIRST LIGHT WN AWAKENS THE PASSIONS OF MEN AND THE FURIES OF WAR! CHARLES .FELDMAN Û WILLIAM SUSANNAH HOLDEN YORK CAPUCINE HAA THE DAWN TECHNICOLOR® TETSURO MICHAEL GOODLIFFE ALLAN CUTHBERTSON MAURICE DENHAM TAMBA TUNBERG RIZ ORTOLANI LEWIS GILBERT UNITED ARTISTS ពា'

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

Coming Soon!

The 7th Dawn (1964)
Starring William Holden, Susannah York, Capucine & Tetsurô Tanba – Shot by Freddie Young (Lawrence of Arabia) – Music by Riz Ortolani (The Hunting Party) – Written by Karl Tunberg (Ben-Hur) – Directed by Lewis Gilbert (Alfie, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me).

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and text that says 'A Strange Land Sleeps Like Beautiful Woman- So Still,SoMysterious, So sterious, So Untouched. UNTIL THE FIRST LIGHT WN AWAKENS THE PASSIONS OF MEN AND THE FURIES OF WAR! CHARLES .FELDMAN Û WILLIAM SUSANNAH HOLDEN YORK CAPUCINE HAA THE DAWN TECHNICOLOR® TETSURO MICHAEL GOODLIFFE ALLAN CUTHBERTSON MAURICE DENHAM TAMBA TUNBERG RIZ ORTOLANI LEWIS GILBERT UNITED ARTISTS ពា''A Strange Land Sleeps Like Beautiful Woman- So Still,SoMysterious, So sterious, So Untouched. UNTIL THE FIRST LIGHT WN AWAKENS THE PASSIONS OF MEN AND THE FURIES OF WAR! CHARLES .FELDMAN Û WILLIAM SUSANNAH HOLDEN YORK CAPUCINE HAA THE DAWN TECHNICOLOR® TETSURO MICHAEL GOODLIFFE ALLAN CUTHBERTSON MAURICE DENHAM TAMBA TUNBERG RIZ ORTOLANI LEWIS GILBERT UNITED ARTISTS ពា'
Oh yeah! Been waiting for this one!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

God’s Gun (1976)
Starring Lee Van Cleef, Jack Palance, Richard Boone, Sybil Danning & Leif Garrett – Shot by Sandro Mancori (Adiós, Sabata) – Music by Sante Maria Romitelli (Hatchet and the Honeymoon) – Produced by Menahem Golan (Revenge of the Ninja) & Yorum Globus (Runaway Train) – Directed by Gianfranco Parolini (Sabata, Return of Sabata).

May be an illustration of one or more people and text that says 'LEE VAN CLEEF JACK PALANCE RICHARD BOONE GOD'S GUN FRANK KRAMER AFILM BY'

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin

Coming Soon!

The 7th Dawn (1964)

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and text that says 'A Strange Land Sleeps Like Beautiful Woman- So Still,SoMysterious, So sterious, So Untouched. UNTIL THE FIRST LIGHT WN AWAKENS THE PASSIONS OF MEN AND THE FURIES OF WAR! CHARLES .FELDMAN Û WILLIAM SUSANNAH HOLDEN YORK CAPUCINE HAA THE DAWN TECHNICOLOR® TETSURO MICHAEL GOODLIFFE ALLAN CUTHBERTSON MAURICE DENHAM TAMBA TUNBERG RIZ ORTOLANI LEWIS GILBERT UNITED ARTISTS ពា''A Strange Land Sleeps Like Beautiful Woman- So Still,SoMysterious, So sterious, So Untouched. UNTIL THE FIRST LIGHT WN AWAKENS THE PASSIONS OF MEN AND THE FURIES OF WAR! CHARLES .FELDMAN Û WILLIAM SUSANNAH HOLDEN YORK CAPUCINE HAA THE DAWN TECHNICOLOR® TETSURO MICHAEL GOODLIFFE ALLAN CUTHBERTSON MAURICE DENHAM TAMBA TUNBERG RIZ ORTOLANI LEWIS GILBERT UNITED ARTISTS ពា'

well that should answer at least one title in the missing UA titles thread

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I have the WB Archive MOD of The 7th Dawn but do also remember it in theater when my mom's friend dropped "the kids" off for a matinee while she went shopping. Like bujaki, I had dreams of Ms. York after that event and remember that infamous nude river swim being MUCH longer in the theatrical run than in the WB DVD, plus another seaside romp "au naturel" I seem to recall. Just wonder if this will be the longer and much more "delightful" version or if this was just youthful imagination on my part.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
re: The Seventh Dawn. So far there have been three mentions of Susannah York! Nothing against Ms. York but some of us prefer the elegant Capucine!
Granted. Capucine is very elegant, but she exudes coldness (froideur). However, I also enjoy her presence on the screen.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
We’ve added 35 titles to our ongoing WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE!
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/while-supplies-last-2021
Free USA Shipping – Orders of $50 or More!

Newly Added Titles in Alphabetical Order:
Adios, Sabata
Avanti
Biggles: Adventures in Time
The Birthday Party
Blame It on Rio
The Blue Racer
The Burning Bed (Blu-ray Only)
Celtic Pride
Charly
City of Industry
Clambake
Deranged
F/X
Frankie and Johnny
The Holcroft Covenant
The Indian Fighter
The Indian Runner
The Monster That Challenged the World
Nightkill
Not as a Stranger
Original Gangstas
Platoon Leader / Soldier Boyz (Michael Dudikoff Double Feature)
The Return of Sabata
The Satan Bug
Savage Weekend
Sinbad of the Seven Seas
Spellbinder
Stone Cold Dead
Tales of Terror
Trapeze
Twice Told Tales
The Way West
The Whales of August
The Wilby Conspiracy
Yongary, Monster from the Deep

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 1.54.58 PM.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray July 6th from Kino Classics!

Moments Without Proper Names (1987)
Starring Gordon Parks, Avery Brooks, Roscoe Lee Browne
Directed by Gordon Parks

In his final film as director, Gordon Parks (The Learning Tree, Shaft) turned the camera upon himself and created a deeply personal and remarkably poetic self-portrait. Moments Without Proper Names blends Parks’s striking photographs (spanning four decades) with newly-shot footage of the artist, his own musical compositions, and personal reminiscences performed by a trio of esteemed actors: Avery Brooks, Roscoe Lee Browne, and Joe Seneca. Restored from the original camera negatives, presented in cooperation with the Gordon Parks Foundation and the Library of Congress, Moments Without Proper Names offers a penetrating gaze into the life and mind of one of the 20th Century’s most celebrated artists.

Special features:
*Flavio (1964, 11 Min.) directed by Gordon Parks
*Listen to a Stranger: An Interview with Gordon Parks (1973, 19 Min.) *Audio commentary by producer Shep Morgan and executive producer Jeanne Wolf
*Optional English SDH subtitles

MOMENTS blueband.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks