What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (2 Viewers)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Can anyone that is familiar with ordering pre-orders on the Kino's site tell me if they charge you now or do they wait and charge you later when the movies are released and ready to ship? I currently have all the Mae West films pre-ordered at amazon but i just noticed they were only 14.97 on kino's site.
My orders are always charged at Ship

The other thing is there is one shipment. They hold the order until all items are available

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 3rd!

Coogan’s Bluff (1968)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
• NEW Audio Commentary by Sledge Hammer! Creator Alan Spencer
• NEW Interview with Actor Don Stroud
• Radio Spot
• Theatrical Teaser in HD
• Theatrical Trailer in HD
• Poster & Image Gallery
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 93 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Star Clint Eastwood and director Don Siegel (Two Mules for Sister Sara, The Beguiled, Dirty Harry, Escape from Alcatraz) began their legendary collaboration with the crackerjack crime thriller Coogan’s Bluff. Eastwood commands the screen as Walt Coogan, an Arizona deputy sheriff who is sent to New York City to extradite captured murderer James Ringerman (Don Stroud, Joe Kidd). Coogan slips up, Ringerman escapes again, and the hunt is on! Coogan’s unorthodox law enforcement techniques don’t go over too well with frustrated NYC Police Lieutenant McElroy (Lee J. Cobb, On the Waterfront), who can’t decide which is worse... the prisoner, or the lawman! Lalo Schifrin (Bullitt) provides the stirring score and Susan Clark (The Midnight Man), Tisha Sterling (The Whales of August), Betty Field (Birdman of Alcatraz) and Tom Tully (The Caine Mutiny) co-star in the film that cemented Eastwood’s status as a strong, silent, no-nonsense icon.

Coogan.jpg

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Coming August 3rd!

Coogan’s Bluff (1968)
• Radio Spot
• Poster & Image Gallery
• Reversible Art
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Star Clint Eastwood and director Don Siegel (Two Mules for Sister Sara, The Beguiled, Dirty Harry, Escape from Alcatraz) began their legendary collaboration with the crackerjack crime thriller Coogan’s Bluff. Eastwood commands the screen as Walt Coogan, an Arizona deputy sheriff who is sent to New York City to extradite captured murderer James Ringerman (Don Stroud, Joe Kidd). Coogan slips up, Ringerman escapes again, and the hunt is on! Coogan’s unorthodox law enforcement techniques don’t go over too well with frustrated NYC Police Lieutenant McElroy (Lee J. Cobb, On the Waterfront), who can’t decide which is worse... the prisoner, or the lawman! Lalo Schifrin (Bullitt) provides the stirring score and Susan Clark (The Midnight Man), Tisha Sterling (The Whales of August), Betty Field (Birdman of Alcatraz) and Tom Tully (The Caine Mutiny) co-star in the film that cemented Eastwood’s status as a strong, silent, no-nonsense icon.

View attachment 94636
You know, Coogan's Bluff sounds like an "R" rated version of tv's McCloud. Coincidence?

-James

Last edited:

rdimucci

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert DiMucci
I’ve never seen this [J.C.] before but it looks too awesome to not buy it.
To the best of my knowledge, the only prior video release of J.C. was on one of those SLP tapes, where it was retitled IRON HORSEMEN. The same tape also had another Avco Embassy film, Joe Namath's C.C. and COMPANY (retitled CHROME HEARTS), as well as THE YOUNG CYCLE GIRLS (retitled CYCLE VIXENS).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another post was deleted because it asked the Kino Insider again about a certain movie/TV show title's status in regard to a possible Blu-ray release. A temporary thread ban was issued because it was the second offense in this thread by that HTF member in less than 48 hours. Again, such posts are not allowed in this thread because it places the Kino Insider in a bad position. Please, adhere to this thread's posting guidelines because disciplinary action will be issued before the last resort is initiated in which the general membership will not be able to post in this thread at all. The HTF Moderating Staff doesn't want that to happen and we believe the general membership feels the same way. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
To the best of my knowledge, the only prior video release of J.C. was on one of those SLP tapes, where it was retitled IRON HORSEMEN. The same tape also had another Avco Embassy film, Joe Namath's C.C. and COMPANY (retitled CHROME HEARTS), as well as THE YOUNG CYCLE GIRLS (retitled CYCLE VIXENS).
J.C. had a legit VHS release on Charter Entertainment

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

Attachments

• 18976_jc%20f.jpg
    18976_jc%20f.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 47

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 3rd!

The Valdez Horses (1973) aka Chino
Bronson in Almería: NEW Interview with Vincent Van Patten
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Paul Talbot, author of the BRONSON'S LOOSE! Books
• The Valdez Horses - New 2K Scan from 35mm Print (1.85:1)
• Restored Studio Canal 1.37:1 Master with French Title & Credits
• CHINO (The Valdez Horses) - TV Spot
• CHINO Alternate Opening Titles
• The Valdez Horses: Italian Opening Titles
• CHINO (The Valdez Horses) - French Theatrical Trailer
• Unknown Island: 8MM Film with Vince and James Van Patten
• Charles Bronson Trailers
• Reversible Art
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 97 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
From John Sturges, the magnificent director of Bad Day at Black Rock, Backlash, The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape and Joe Kidd, comes this hard-hitting western starring action icon Charles Bronson (Mr. Majestyk, The White Buffalo) as Chino Valdez, a leather-tough horse breeder who lives by his own rules. Avoided by everyone for having Native American blood, Chino lives in seclusion until he takes a young runaway (Vincent Van Patten, Rock ’n’ Roll High School, Hell Night) under his wing and shows him the ropes of ranching. Chino soon strikes up a romance with the beautiful Catherine (Jill Ireland, Breakheart Pass, Someone Behind the Door), but the smoldering passion ignites a fire of hatred when her brother (Marcel Bozzuffi, The French Connection, The Passage), a ruthless cattle baron, unleashes violence upon the half-breed. It’s all-out war—classic Bronson at his toughest! A lush score by Guido and Maurizio De Angelis (Man of the East, Street Law) highlights this rousing Italian-Spanish-French co-production from Dino De Laurentiis (Navajo Joe, The Valachi Papers).

Chino Valdez.jpg

rdimucci

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert DiMucci
It's great to see CHINO getting the deluxe treatment. I hope the audio commentary can answer some of the questions surrounding this film, which seems to have a complicated history. For example, there's a suggestion in the IMDB that John Sturges didn't actually direct the film, although his name remains on the credits. Then, there is some evidence that in addition to its [PG]-rated version, the film also played in the U.S. in a [G]-rated version under the title "The Free Spirit."

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Coming August 3rd!

The Valdez Horses (1973) aka Chino
Bronson in Almería: NEW Interview with Vincent Van Patten
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Paul Talbot, author of the BRONSON'S LOOSE! Books
• The Valdez Horses - New 2K Scan from 35mm Print (1.85:1)
• Restored Studio Canal 1.37:1 Master with French Title & Credits
• CHINO (The Valdez Horses) - TV Spot
• CHINO Alternate Opening Titles
• The Valdez Horses: Italian Opening Titles
• CHINO (The Valdez Horses) - French Theatrical Trailer
• Unknown Island: 8MM Film with Vince and James Van Patten
• Charles Bronson Trailers
• Reversible Art
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 97 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
From John Sturges, the magnificent director of Bad Day at Black Rock, Backlash, The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape and Joe Kidd, comes this hard-hitting western starring action icon Charles Bronson (Mr. Majestyk, The White Buffalo) as Chino Valdez, a leather-tough horse breeder who lives by his own rules. Avoided by everyone for having Native American blood, Chino lives in seclusion until he takes a young runaway (Vincent Van Patten, Rock ’n’ Roll High School, Hell Night) under his wing and shows him the ropes of ranching. Chino soon strikes up a romance with the beautiful Catherine (Jill Ireland, Breakheart Pass, Someone Behind the Door), but the smoldering passion ignites a fire of hatred when her brother (Marcel Bozzuffi, The French Connection, The Passage), a ruthless cattle baron, unleashes violence upon the half-breed. It’s all-out war—classic Bronson at his toughest! A lush score by Guido and Maurizio De Angelis (Man of the East, Street Law) highlights this rousing Italian-Spanish-French co-production from Dino De Laurentiis (Navajo Joe, The Valachi Papers).

View attachment 94749

This announcement is a nice surprise. More Bronson on blu is always great news! I’m happy to see cover art for both titles of this film and that there’s a Talbot commentary among the extras.

Also, as I was reading this announcement and before I could respond, UPS showed up at my door with a big box of BDs courtesy of Kino and the recent sale. So this evening is off to a great start!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Brand New HD Master from a 2K Scan of the Interpositive!

Impasse (1969)
Starring Burt Reynolds, Anne Francis, Lyle Bettger, Rodolfo Acosta, Jeff Corey & Miko Mayama – Written by John C. Higgens (Raw Deal, T-Men) – Directed by Richard Benedict (I Spy, Harry O).

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'GOLDEN RULE FOR GOLD-GRABBERS GOLD- THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO CLAIM A HIDDEN TREASURE- 미回 KILL FORIT DIE WITH BURT REYNOLDS ANNE FRANCIS INAN AUBREY PRODUCTION IMPASSE with MIKO MAYAMA Executive Producer AUBREY SCHENCK Written JOHN C.HIGGINS Produced HALKLEIN LEIN Directed RICHARD BENEDICT COLOR by DeLuxe M SuggestedF MATURE Audiences United Artısts ٣ 69/88'

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
Coming August 3rd!

Coogan’s Bluff (1968)
• Radio Spot
• Poster & Image Gallery
• Reversible Art
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

View attachment 94636
Hi Kino Lorber Insider,
Will Kino Lorber's upcoming August 3, 2021 Blu-Ray release of Coogan's Bluff
feature the movie in uncut form?

The DVD version of Coogan's Bluff is edited by approximately three minutes
in all regions for unknown reasons.

The missing scenes include Walt Coogan (Clint Eastwood)
receiving his assignment to return James Ringerman (Don Stroud) from New York,
a short scene in a hospital,
and a scene in which Julie Roth (Susan Clark) talks about Coogan's Bluff,
a lookout point over the ocean near New York
(the real Coogan's Bluff is a site on Manhattan Island between Washington Heights and Harlem),
tying the locations into the film's title.

The old VHS release of Coogan's Bluff did not have these edits and was released uncut.

Even if Kino Lorber's upcoming Blu-Ray release of Coogan's Bluff
doesn't include the uncut version of the motion picture,
I would still be buying their Blu-Ray release of it soon after its official release date
due to the excellent bonus features that will be getting included on the Blu-Ray disc.

Coogan's Bluff is a Clint Eastwood movie that I have on DVD and I've always liked the movie.
In my opinion, the vast majority of the movies that Eastwood has actually starred in are marvelous.
I have nearly all of the movies from Eastwood's filmography in my DVD or Blu-Ray collection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks