What's new

Kino Lorber has TV Titles from Universal… (1 Viewer)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Technically, one of my predictions earlier in this thread could still possibly be valid... the short-run horror anthology series, Darkroom (1981-82), had gotten a legit, licensed DVD release in Australia, almost a decade ago, via Madman Entertainment.

81j4oZ20UwL._SL1500_.jpg

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Kino Insider mentioned earlier this week on another forum that the Universal TV series they are releasing on blu has already had a DVD release. That quashes a good number of the guesses/hopes on this thread - at least for now.

didnt mill creek already do that? I was able to get Knight Rider on Blu from them

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well if we have to go by previous on DVD releases than it's either going to be "Night Gallery" or "Amazing Stories" (which never had a second season release in the US). "Columbo" would be great with bells and whistles.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
With that in mind - and going solely on "classic" TV - I'm guessing either The Munsters or Northern Exposure. The Munsters is short and likely would sell well plus I've purchased it twice on DVD (several things I've purchased multiple times on DVD have received BR releases). Northern Exposure could benefit from a new release with all the music intact.

They've said they don't have THE MUNSTERS.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
If they are only permitted, at this time, to do re-releases, I'd like to see them tackle...
McCloud (1970-1977)
McMillan (and Wife) (1971-1977)
The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (1977-1979)
The Incredible Hulk (1978-1982)
James A. Michener's Centennial (miniseries, 1978-1979)
Simon and Simon (1981-1989)
Miami Vice (1984-1990)
Charles in Charge (1984-1985, 1987-1990)

But if they can do what is not released yet, as I said before...
Baretta (1975-1978)
The Invisible Man (1975-1976)
Ellery Queen (1975-1976)
Switch (1975-1978)
The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo (1979-1981)
B. J. and the Bear (1979-1981)
When the Whistle Blows (1980)
Domestic Life (1984)
Still the Beaver/The New Leave It to Beaver (1984-1989)
Fast Times (1986)

~Ben

Last edited:

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Northern Exposure already has an essentially perfect UK Blu-Ray release. Kino couldn’t top that and I don’t see why they’d try. Shows that aren’t available on Blu-Ray worldwide are much more profitable than ones that are.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
With that in mind - and going solely on "classic" TV - I'm guessing either The Munsters or Northern Exposure. The Munsters is short and likely would sell well plus I've purchased it twice on DVD (several things I've purchased multiple times on DVD have received BR releases). Northern Exposure could benefit from a new release with all the music intact.
They said they don't have the Munsters .

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I don't have the DVDs, but clearing the music for Northern Exposure on Blu-ray for a NA release would be costly, so that probably rules it out (unless they go with whatever the DVDs used/omitted)--the UK has different music copyright laws, so it's a not an issue for home video releases. Many TV shows have been ruled out, so I'm going to repeat my guess that it's Buck Rogers or Amazing Stories.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
I would think that Buck Rogers wouldn't be a great seller considering it's been out for years both in Australia and the UK, and I suspect it has had a lot of imports.

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
Just for the hell of it, another (Universal related) pipe dream:

Nobody’s Perfect

Owen Marshall

O’Hara, U.S. Treasury

Sierra

Griff

Jigsaw

Lucas Tanner

Tenafly

Hec Ramsey

Baretta
Pipe Dreams:

Little Women (1979 TV-Series)...since Little Women seems to be all the rage yet again

Fay

Faraday And Company

Toma

McNaughton's Daughter

Rosetti And Ryan

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Technically, one of my predictions earlier in this thread could still possibly be valid... the short-run horror anthology series, Darkroom (1981-82), had gotten a legit, licensed DVD release in Australia, almost a decade ago, via Madman Entertainment.
Nope. The insider said the show they are releasing had a previous US DVD release.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Nope. The insider said the show they are releasing had a previous US DVD release.

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like whatever the show is, I either already have it (Thriller, Johnny Staccato, Dragnet, Columbo, It Takes a Thief) or have no interest in it (most likely the latter)... unless it's a 'remastered-from-vault-elements' release of something previously released by Timeless (using old collectors' prints), like Soldiers of Fortune, M-Squad, 87th Precinct or Checkmate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks