What's new

Kino Insider thread--Discussion & Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
This thread on the Blu-Ray forum is supposed to be just for the announcement of Kino releases and reaction to those announcements, as the moderator has just said for the umpteenth time and will no doubt once again be quickly ignored by many. Why not restrict posting ability to the Kino Insider alone? People who wish to express their joy over their particular favorites can use the Like button.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Routine reminder from Moderator--that this thread is to discuss and react to Kino announcements of new releases.
Isn't there another thread to discuss Kino Lorber releases? Critical discussion Thread: Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays. Perhaps it's best to lock this thread to announcements only and amend the other thread to simply "Your thoughts on Kino Lorber Blu-rays" which would allow members to go hog-wild on wish lists and whatever and leave Mr. Insider to do his job in peace without being harassed for more Deanna Durbin movies, etc.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Since one can have many threads,
I think that a thread totally devoted to announcements from a company is a great idea --
It would keep one from having to wade through a series of other posts on a thread.

One can always comment in a separate thread.

I think announcement only threads for each studio/distributor would be nice.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I actually enjoy some of the discussion and praise for announced titles.

Most of the extra posts are not wishlists/requests, and I feel it would penalize many of us if this became an announcements only thread.
I don't think anyone objects to discussion and praise for KL's announced titles. But it's a pain in the ass to wade through photos and posters of wanted titles as well as "suggestions" for KL, etc. We're constantly reminded by moderators what this thread is meant for but it falls on deaf ears. Personally, when I visit this thread I want to see another KL announcement and I too enjoy the enthusiasm of HTF members when they praise or discuss a KL announcement. But if I see one more "please Mr. Insider is there any possibility of releasing XYZ" or a huge movie poster of an unannounced but wanted title, I think I'll spit! Others may enjoy it, no problem that's why I suggested the other thread be amended for a free for all KL party and members have free reign to do what they want.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The last seven posts (above this one) have been relocated from the Kino Insider Announcements thread.

Anyone who wants to give input on the idea of whether that thread should be announcements-only or kept open to members' reactions to announcements can do so HERE, if desired.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
I think it would be a good idea to change the name “Critical discussion Thread: Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays” to eliminate the word “Critical.” Most of us realize that here word is used in the sense of expressing opinions, both favorable or unfavorable, or of analysis, but I think that some might take it to mean just fault-finding.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The last seven posts (above this one) have been relocated from the Kino Insider Announcements thread.

Anyone who wants to give input on the idea of whether that thread should be announcements-only or kept open to members' reactions to announcements can do so HERE, if desired.
Yay! For a while now I’ve thought it was high time to give up on warnings and to just delete (or move) comments. The forum membership is so enthusiastic about suggestions they just can’t seem to help themselves when it comes to following the rules of that particular thread!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I actually enjoy some of the discussion and praise for announced titles.

Most of the extra posts are not wishlists/requests, and I feel it would penalize many of us if this became an announcements only thread.

Same. I’m not familiar with many of the titles announced so reading others’ thoughts about the announcements is important to me. It helps me learn about the films and those who made them. And it often leads to me make a purchase. Announcements in a vacuum are not going to do that.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Same. I’m not familiar with many of the titles announced so reading others’ thoughts about the announcements is important to me. It helps me learn about the films and those who made them. And it often leads to me make a purchase. Announcements in a vacuum are not going to do that.
But members already have a forum provided for them to discuss Kino releases. I know I'm not alone in wanting one that's dedicated just to official release announcements and updates from Kino itself.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
But members already have a forum provided for them to discuss Kino releases. I know I'm not alone in wanting one that's dedicated just to official release announcements and updates from Kino itself.

I haven't found that thread especially helpful or interesting. I'm not talking about discussing the quality of the Kino releases, but excitement about the titles being released and learning about the films. Most of these titles aren't going to warrant their own threads and if they had individual threads they would be too hard to keep up with.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Since this new thread for discussing the announcements has been created, will the Insider participate in discussions here?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since this new thread for discussing the announcements has been created, will the Insider participate in discussions here?
No new thread has been created except to have some membership input about those other two Kino threads. No decision has been made yet, but one is coming soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread