What's new

Kinks on Super Audio Press Release from Koch (1 Viewer)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

It is tough to say. If Koch views SA-CD simply as a delivery format (which many labels seem to be doing), going analog to PCM and then finally to DSD/SA-CD for the actual product may be considered directly from the original 2 track-masters in their minds.

Remember that if any EQ work needs to be done, a PCM step of some sort must take place. These being older recordings, I can imagine EQ work of some degree was required.

J

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee

It depends on the workstation and how many channels are in play. I think a flat transfer from analog would be fine here.

Plus, you have to remember the PCM steps are done at 352khz so you can't hear it anyway.

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
The AoN SACD I was referring to is not Daft, it's the other one...something about "reconstruction" or something like that in the title. Stay away from that one. Daft is pretty dang good though. Trippy tunes.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
In case anyone is wondering things seem to be on schedule for the 8/24 Koch SACDs. By the way, buy.com has them all with pre-order prices of $12.98. I've heard a sampler from Koch with tracks from all the upcoming SACDs. I've only heard the regular stereo layer, but it sounded very nice.

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Next Tuesday should be the release of the next batch of hybrid SACDs:

Word of Mouth
Preservation Act 1
Preservation Act 2
State of Confusion

I think that One for the Road should already be available or will be with this batch.

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
This coming Tuesday the release of the Kinks Soap Opera and Sleepwalker SACDs from Koch is scheduled.

Neil

P.S. Go to http://kinks.it.rit.edu/ for lots of Kinks information and you can also join the Kinks Preservation Society mailing list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks