1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Kingsman 3 (2019)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jake Lipson, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I'm sure that's probably the plan, as the director has said he planned the Eggsy films as a trilogy (naturally). But they're currently concentrating on the prequel for a November release. A little odd to interrupt the trilogy for a prequel.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  2. Reggie W

Reggie W Producer

Pike Bishop
    Eggsy, for me, is the weakest part of these films. It was all the characters, situations, and stuff going on around him that was interesting. Remove Eggsy and you might get a better film.

3. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    I think you are right that a third film with Eggsy will happen at some point. However, this thread was named Kingsman 3 because that's how the database where we get the headers for movies threads currently has it cataloged, so it was automatic.

Since we now know the title of the film thanks to @Malcolm R's post #12, perhaps a moderator could change the title of the thread to reflect this information?

4. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    and

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kingsman-prequel-moves-feb-2020-free-fall-lands-summer-release-1189367

5. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Matthew Vaughn now says that Kingsman 3 will "wrap the Eggsy-Harry relationship."

https://deadline.com/2019/05/kingsman-3-eggsy-harry-matthew-vaughn-1202622761/

This sounds like it's definitely a separate thing from The Great Game. Disney-Fox has a Kingsman movie on their release schedule for Valentine's Day 2020, which is presumably The Great Game. If Vaughn wants to shoot that next year, I bet we end up with the prequel in 2020 and the third Eggsy film in 2021. I doubt Fox would want to release two Kingsman films in the same year.

But when is The Great Game shooting, or has it already, for the February 2020 date?

6. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson