What's new

KIng's "DreamCatcher" (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
DREAMCATCHER is undoubtedly my most anticipated film of the year!! The novel is in my opinion one of the best that Stephen King has ever written, and Morgan Freeman and Tom Sizemore are two of my favorite actors. From the trailers I've seen, this film looks fucking spectacular, and it appears that they have definitely done the book justice! I am sure that this will be one to be reckoned with, and I'm tired of waiting for it. Just like THE RING last year, I am mega frickin' amped for this one!!!

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
ditto!

I thought the book was great, one of King's best and I've read damn near every single one of them. When I read a book that is then made into a movie I always have an entirely different desire to see the film. The film is just that much more enjoyable when you've already played out the entire story in your mind. I absolutely love it and am more psyched to see this story put to screen than most others. As long as they nail all the creepy stuff like the internal mind games I think it will be stellar. There's a lot going on in this film that needs to be done right, but it has major potential.

...and I'm a big Jason Lee fan too, a serious role for him but hopefully he can let loose that mouth of his a little

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Since you asked:

Anyone read the book and your thoughts on it? I tried but just couldn't get into it.
You're not the only one. I gave up halfway through the book. King needs to find a new well to draw from. :thumbsdown:

Needless to say, I'm not particularly looking forward to the movie.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I agree one of King's best books in recent years. Truly back in form with his great mixture of scary and funny moments!

Bring on the next Gunslinger book already!

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
Well I haven't read the book yet, but my friend did and he told me about the shitweasels
im just dying to know how they'll pull that off on the big screen.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I'll see the film, but I am very very skeptical that the character Morgan Freeman plays will bear much resemblance to the character from the book. I just don't see him being able to. The guy in the book was a freakin nut job, and I think Morgan's potrayal will end up being more low-key. I like Morgan Freeman but he's nothing like the character I pictured when reading the book.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Is Freeman playing that character - I thought Sizemore had that role?

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I, too, have read ALL of King's books...but Dreamcatcher is the only one I've never picked up. Is it really that good?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Jeff it's much better than Bag of Bones - IMHO - one of his weakest efforts. If you made it through that one - Dreamcatchers is a breeze to read and like I said - I found it pretty funny as well.

Don't let me mislead you though - it's not up there with his earlier novels though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks