What's new

Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut - 5/23/06 (1 Viewer)

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
I bought the theatrical edition DVD as a blind buy and loved it, so I will definitely be getting this the day it hits shelves. This is a great movie, the battle scenes are absolutely amazing!

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Outstanding news that Kingdom of Heaven is coming. I'm so glad that I didn't buy the movie theater version.

I just hope they add a few more decent Christians. I love the movie despite his agenda. Having 50% good Christians, 50% evil Christians would make this a more balanced and fair movie. Even if they don't, there is so much to enjoy.

JeffO

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I really enjoyed this film. Looks like, from the specs above I may have to double-dip. Eva Green looked stunning in this and now she's the next Bond girl.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson

From what I've heard, David Thewlis's character is fleshed out in the DC, which should address some of your concerns. His role was one of the aspects of the theatrical version that felt significantly cut down.

Can't wait to finally see the true version of this film :emoji_thumbsup:

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Will the DC finally have a little more "honest" telling of the Crusades or will this still be a PC-ified attempt at not pissing off anyone in order to get a wider audience (which backfired anyway because reviewers said it was too PC)?

I'd say there were a lot of BAD GUYS to go around on both sides of the conflict during that bloody period in history of religious persecution, intolerance, greed (for wealth and land and power), and mass murder... for both religions. Hmmm... sound familiar?

Dan

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Sounds like a great set. I haven't seen the theatrical cut and I'm already drooling over this!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Seems the Director's Cut DVD will act not as a replacement but as a companion set to the Theatrical DVD, since in a nice continuity gesture, the DC will feature a text commentary entitied The Engineer's Guide (the original release had a Pilgrim's Guide text commentary). I'll happily own both editions.

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
That is some great cover art. Just makes me want to buy it even more.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
I was kindof hoping for the theatrical poster art... but this will do! It's nice to see a director's cut DVD that says "class" rather than "moneygrab".

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the outer part is a slipcover, and reveals a bigger picture once it's off.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
See, Paramount? That's how you do a Special Edition! You don't shortchange people one disc or put the director's armpit on the cover.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
CANNOT WAIT. Awesome. I've been waiting for this since I walked out of the theater.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
The theatrical cut is in my blind buy pile waiting to be viewed. Now I'm wondering if I should just get rid of it now, as it sounds like the Director's Cut is the version to see.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
DUMP IT, Andrew. I really liked the theatrical cut, but I just felt like something was missing. When I found out that almost an hour was cut, I knew it would make a good movie EVEN better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks