What's new

Kingdom of Heaven: 4-Disc Extended Special Edition??? (1 Viewer)

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator
I'll probably rent the theatrical, but hold off buying until the extended comes out. I did like the movie, but I could tell that I'd LOVE it if I had seen the whole thing, not the two hour condensed version.

They skipped over way too much - like character develpment, relationships, etc. The acting was fantastic though (Bloom, too) - the standout being Edward Norton as the King. I can't wait to see the full extent of all their performances.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I saw the film last night and i agree with Jack that far too much was left out.

It was not ubtil I read the link that there are lots of scenes to be put back in the movie.

The music was also very stirring indeed

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I hope that the plans for the extended set will still go ahead in spite of the fact that the reviews for this have not been great and the box office (probably won't exceed 25 million this weekend) likely won't be spectacular in the U.S. I imagine it will make a profit when overseas figures come in, as world audieneces love this kind of film.

Is there any precedent for a movie with middling reception to get a four-disc set?

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
WINDTALKERS got an extended, maybe not 4-disc but I recall it was generally received as a box-office disappointment. If anything, that precedent may suggest it's more likely that a big-budget flop will get double-dipped as the producers attempt to recoup some bucks. if they shot all that extra footage, they may as well try to get some money back from it.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I imagine with Fox behind it and with Ridley's participation, it will be a superb set, either as a 2 or 4 disc set. I remember that Master and Commander did ok box office wise for its budget and had generally good reviews, and received an outstanding dvd set. Fox has given some medicore films deluxe treatments in the past, but this being a Ridley Scott film, I don' think we have anything to worry about.

Does Charlie de Lauzirika have any thoughts for the HTF crowd? ;)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

"Pearl Harbor" was widely panned. I believe it did make money though. The 4-disc set is improvement though because there are several historical documentaries of far more interest than the film itself.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I wonder if this one might even get it's "high def version" released also around the time of the 4 disc set ? Hmmmm??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks