What's new

Kingdom Heart Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Havn't played all that much, but am liking what I've played so far!

Disney and Square.... done well, who'da thunk it!

Jim

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I just spent the last 3 hours playing this gem. I gotta chime in again and say I love it! If you're looking for a great action adventure game that's extremely well done, don't miss Kingdom Hearts.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Okay... has anyone here beaten Cerebus yet? I'm trying to do so and can't quite get him.

millercv

Second Unit
Cerebus was pretty tough - I should have leveled up more in town but it is doable. Just make sure you max out your potions on hand, run/roll around while he is attacking and when he stops try to get on his back to attack....

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Thanks. I went ahead and took care of things in Deep Jungle and Traverse Town in order to level up. I have a better weapon, several more levels, my first summon, and the Cure spell now, so I'm thinking this big mean three-headed dog won't be as much of a problem when I go back now.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Cerebus was NASTY, somehow I beat him after all my chars were out of potions and had almost no life yet... that was crazy.

I'm on Atlanticia now, wait till you get to fight Squall (Leon) and Yuffie in a Tourney... now that's tough!

Oscar_R

Second Unit
the production value for this game is outstanding. The intro movie , as mentioned earlier, is top notch.
I'm only 4-5 hours into it, can;t wait to get home and play more of it tonight. Only aspect i haven't liked

the Gummi ship sequences in between levels. looks sloppy and inconsistant with the rest of the game.

millercv

Second Unit
Well after about three attempts I figured out that the secret to fighting Leon and Yuffie was to...

attack Yuffie first since she keeps on healing Leon - then it is pretty easy

I would have to say so far my favorite two levels are Halloween Town and Agrabah

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well I beat the game now and it was a fun ride while it lasted. I try it again yesterday to get more finished off, and earn the hidden ending (which is cool), but god, the Hades tourament is murder. Not only Cerebus acually HARDER then the first time, nasty combos like Squall and Cloud, A ENTIRE ARMY OF DARKBALLS, INVISIBLES, and ANGEL BELLS, and Hades himself.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
...the Hades tourament is murder.
Well you don't have to beat it to beat the game, hard hard hard stuff is good in Square games. Try playing Legend of Mana on the Hardest mode, even the little baby rabits will eat you for dinner :)
I hope to take some time out this weekend and finish the game. :)
Oscar,
The Gumniness does seem out of char with the rest of the game, but it sorta makes sense... in a strange twisted way. And if you take the time to figure out the garage and build your own ships it's VERY fun. ;)

Oscar_R

Second Unit
The Gumniness does seem out of char with the rest of the game, but it sorta makes sense... in a strange twisted way. And if you take the time to figure out the garage and build your own ships it's VERY fun.
********* DIRECTION=LEFT BEHAVIOR=SCROLL SCROLLAMOUNT=10 SCROLLDELAY=200>
YOU A PLAYA LIVIN' IN A HATA'S WORLD

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I just got this game yesterday. It's pretty good, but I find myself not knowing where to go very often. Then again, I'm only on Deep Jungle.

Fighting alongside Donald and Goofy is surreal.

Nathan A

Second Unit
so....how's the voice acting? i thought FFX's was horrible, but given the cast on this one i was hoping it'll be the first game to have great voice work (besides the original resident evil and SOTN, of course).

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
IMHO The voice acting is quite well done. There are some laughable exceptions, but overall they match up quite well with the disney characters. I expect Disney picked the talent this time go round. Just be willing to laugh at Yuffie, Tidus, and Wakka :)
Brian

JoshF

Supporting Actor
The voice acting is pretty amazing for a video game. The only problem so far was the Robin Williams wannabe doing the genie voice, which I suppose is to be expected.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Haley Joel Osment did a good job, as did just about everyone else (besides the aforementioned Wakka and Tidus VAs).

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm having a real tough time getting into this game. I just don't care for the main characters. I feel no attachment whatsoever to the main three, and playing the game is becoming just a quest to get to the next area to see the characters I do care for. As such, it feels more like work and less like a game for me.
-Dave

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It does feel pretty linear and tedious, but I'm still enjoying it. The battle system is really well done and I love fighting in large battles at the Coliseum.

BTW, I just finished Agrabah.

millercv

Second Unit
The Genie voice is the same that is used in everything but the original film (the sequals, the tv show etc).

He should sound somewhat familiar... especially if he were to say "D'oh!"

I'm trying to track down puppies before the final planet - although I think I may go ahead and try to win it and then go back and find the puppies to see both endings...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks