What's new

"King of the Hill" appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I decided to bump this thread, rather than start a new one.

I remember thinking this show was a spinoff of Beavis & Butt-Head, featuring Tom Anderson, when it first premiered, and wondered how it would work on network TV.

I'm glad to see the show back, and hopefully, it will stick around for a while. Clearly, one of the most underrated shows. And this time, a much better time slot, and a much better "filler" between The Simpsons and Family Guy than The War at Home.

I always love hearing Boomhauer talk, and the one episode where he talked clearly, while his friends talked jibberish, was hilarious.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I read that Fox has already given the go ahead for season 12. Thank you, Fox. Still pissed about your handling of Arrested Development, but this helps a bit.

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
The final episodes aired last night. If you didn't see it, you can see the finale on Hulu. Mike Judge has said that whey they produced that episode they didn't know it would be the "series finale" (it had not been cancelled yet). However it does wrap up nicely at the end.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/95337/king-of-the-hill-to-sirloin-with-love

I'm going to miss this show. It's probably my favorite show ever. I admit that it became less funny in the last few years, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. It was very unique, not just as an animated comedy but as a family comedy as well.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I thought the last couple years were the best they had done in awhile.

Anyway, vaya con dios to the good people of Arlen, TX. And I hope the 2 unaired episodes turn up on Cartoon Network, since unless Shout! Factory (who has a deal with Fox for their library) wants them, seasons 7-13 will never be on DVD.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Boomhauer is a Texas Ranger!?!
Wow! I always wondered what he did, but that would not have been my first guess!

I'm going to miss this show...

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I really hope to see the rest of this series on DVD; I honestly cannot think of any program that was more consistently 'on' every single time. Sure, there was the occasional...I can't even say dud because that's too harsh for KOTH. But it really was a great series from the beginning all the way up to the end.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
FYI, there are four more episodes that have not aired yet. It looks like they will premiere either in syndication or on Adult Swim. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_King_of_the_Hill_episodes#Episodes_Airing_in_Syndication

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks