What's new

King Of Queen's appreciation (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just thought i would start a thread about how much i like this show.

the timing between Leah Remini + Kevin James is great.

i never caught the show untill it hit rerun, now i try never to miss it.

it reminds me of the honeymooners,but they arent poor.

also on tonights ep(2/18/04) ping wu made an appearance as a delivery person of chinese food restaurant.
if you wonder why i mention this it's because he was the same thing on a couple eps of seinfeld, when elaine was going to be sued for running into him and injuring him.

Dustin Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
It's the only show on TV that I go out of my way to watch. I didn't know that was Ping, lol.

It cracks me up to no end.

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
I am on board here too, my wife and I love this show. It's one of the few sitcoms I actually enjoy!

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
My wife and I love this show...

All our friends say we are just like Doug & Carrie....overweight guy with a fetching wife. Too bad I don't have Doug's wit :frowning:

Strange that they aren't writing Leah Remini's pregnancy into the storyline...she has always dressed pretty provocatively, but now they are trying to cover it up, just doesn't look natural.

Come on KofQ producers, just let Doug & Carrie have a baby...my wife and I just did!:D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i,m glad they dont introduce a baby into it.
nothing kills a show faster for me then a new baby or kid thrown into a show.

doug's friend has kids.
if they need a kid storyline just use them.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
My wife and I also fit the Carrie and Doug type. We laugh mostly cuz I either do alot of the same stupid things that Doug does, or she acts just like Carrie from time to time.

Its weird. Also, I used to work for UPS.. : )

It sucks that they moved it to Wednesdays opposite The OC, but we try to record it and watch it later. Damn good show, I love it.

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Remember the show about the Hi def football game? Lou Ferrigno is also a funny addition. Can't act but his presence seems to add comedic value for some reason.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
QUOTE]nothing kills a show faster for me then a new baby or kid thrown into a show.[/quote]

Maybe so...but maybe not. Throwing kids in just to shake things up usually doesn't work I'd guess (Married with Children, Growing Pains(?)and others) but I'd say Friends didn't suffer when Ben was introduced, and I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now.

Doug and Carrie are a relatively young, childless couple. I don't believe them having a kid would look unnatural or an act of desperation by the producers. Plus think of all the wackiness Doug could get involved in with a baby around.

Looks like they're not going in that direction, so, the point is moot. Either way, I like the show. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dustin Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Re: adding kids.

I think anytime you change the show too much it can either hurt or help. Maybe they are thinking don't fix what aint broke. ;)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
But Friends seems to pick and choose when Ross' kids will be around. How many times in the last Friends episode did we see Ross/Rachel...and no baby? Meanwhile his first child is a visitation thing only so they write him in whenever they have a joke to do with him.

Doug and Carrie having a kid would be much harder to deal with because the show is centered around just them and their house, so it would be a lot tougher to hide a child.

Plus it would probably demand that Carrie lighten up a bit and that's half the humor right there.

Mitcheizik

Agent
I love the show. Just bought the DVD of the first season. My wife thinks i'm just like doug. We both love the show. Jerry(?) Stiller is also hilarious. I have alot of favorite episodes, but the one when ips are on strike and the guys act like street thugs is great.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 was a blind buy on DVD, and I got hooked in to the show from the first episode, it really is a teriffic show, but I keep forgetting its on Wednesday nights, so I'll just have to buy all of the seasons on DVD including season 2 on 4/20/2004.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone see last week's episode also? Doug and Carrie in the teaser with him wanting to know where the scissors were? Hilarious.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Leah Remini appreciation post :)

I used to watch it religously before this season. I just haven't caught on to the new night it airs this season...I have them all on my TiVo - so I'll watch them eventually....great stuff.

RubenL

Auditioning
I just found out about this show and I'm surprised I haven't heard that much about it. Can't wait for the Season 2 DVD.

I'm glad they didn't write Leah's pregnancy into the show. Doug and Carrie have wanted a baby since the first season, so they should save that kind of story for the series finale.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Yep just awesome! I can't tell you the number of times people say that my wife and I hear that we remind everyone of this show!

And in my little-bit over weight, with a hot wife, don't mind at all! oh yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks