What's new

King of Comedy: cover and menu screen (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Thanks, Patrick! The King of Comedy is my second favorite Scorsese flick! :emoji_thumbsup:

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
A must-buy, surely?
I find the film more disturbing than Taxi Driver. It's a film that is more prevelant now than it was back in the early Eighties. Celebrity overkill is reaching critical mass these days.
De Niro as Pupkin is one of Modern Cinema's greatest performances.
Can't wait to get this one. Is there a street date yet?
And the Scorsese SE boxed set from Warners! :emoji_thumbsup:
Gordy

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Um, did I miss something?

When's the release date?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Who would have ever thought that Jerry Lewis would walk off with a movie from right under De Niro's nose?

Come to think of it, as good as De Niro is, Sandra Bernhard steals De Niro's thunder, too.

rhett

Supporting Actor
Wow, the cover and menu screen look great. It still upsets me that De Niro was never nominated for this film.

I can't wait for this disc.

Matt Giggey

Stunt Coordinator
In DVDfile's (or maybe it was The Digital Bits) announcement of the release date and specs, they didn't mention anything about a commentary track, even though that's what Mr. Staddon said was holding the release up. Does anyone have any info on this?

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
This is one of my favorite films -- ever!

With Scorsese's sure-footed direction, this movie is the perfect combination of creepy, funny, sad and downright scary.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
How many pictures did Scorcese make with Fox? I'd rather not buy it if WB and FOX join forces and release a boxset.Ah f it, i'm buying it :D

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that Fox and Warner are going to "join forces" and include King Of Comedy in the set that Warner has announced.

I'm still a little unsure about the content of Warner's Scorsese boxed set. I've heard it's a 4 disc set, but I've also heard that it's a 5 disc set!

It's Not Just You, Murray
Mean Streets
After Hours
Goodfellas

All in Special Editions? Digitally remastered anamorphic transfers? DD5.1 on all titles? Commentary by Scorsese on all titles? What could the fifth (if there even is one) disc be? I think it'll be a four disc comprising the above, all with new transfers and varied extra features. Wouldn't bet on commentaries by Scorsese on all films.

As always, we'll have to wait and see...

I'm sure it will be great though and a must-buy.

Gordy

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Tne Other disc that is being worked on is 'Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore.'

Still, we could do with some fair news on the progress of this set, as I am gasping to see a good version of Goodfellas and the movies metnioned above. I am holding fire on king of.. till the box set specs are announced..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks