King Kong: SE

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Porfirio, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Porfirio

Porfirio Second Unit

Anyone know the status on Warner's super-duper, spiffy, multi-disc "King Kong (1933)" release that was planned?

2. HankM

HankM Second Unit

I believe next year. If you do a search you can find a few threads on this subject that will also talk about the restoration process being used. From what I remember it will be worth the wait. I also can't wait for the Peter Jackson theatrical version coming in 2005!

3. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Yep, next year is what we have heard. It was originally planned for this year but got delayed as they wanted to do it right.

4. Porfirio

Porfirio Second Unit

Thanks.

5. Todd Robertson

Todd Robertson Second Unit

on a side note...I was very pleased with The Black Scorpion!!! I forgot just how fun this film/dvd was.

6. Derek_McL

Derek_McL Second Unit

Warner look as if they are releasing a barrel load of classics next year. King Kong isn't one I've heard mentioned that often. I believe there is a set of Academy Award winners coming around the time of next year's ceremony then Marx Bros, Hitchcocks, Cagney, Flynn, Meet Me In St Louis, That's Entertainment!, silents etc. Let's hope they all appear on schedule !

7. DanHaya

DanHaya Second Unit

From what I have read here and elsewhere, Warner has stated that the restoration process is taking a lot longer than they expected. They had wanted to release it in time for it's 70th anniversary in April 2003, but were not able to make it. Now, they've said it will be out "when it's ready".