What's new

King Kong (1933) on DVD?? (1 Viewer)

DanHaya

Second Unit
I know that WHV announced last year that this title was in the works, but I haven't heard any more news about it since then. When the WHV folks were here a while back, I tried to post a question on this, but it was my first time in a chat session here and I couldn't get my question out in time.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with KK? I know that the AOL-Time Warner merger delayed some titles, possibly including this one. Obviously, WHV is having to do some major restoration work on it. I'm not sure what kind of added value they could include other than what was produced by Turner for the 1993 VHS box set. Since all of the cast & principals (with the exception of the star, Fay Wray) have passed away, there's not much more you could do in the way of interviews. Maybe they could interview Peter Jackson about what his ideas were for the remake that never got off the ground (here's hoping he gets back to it after LOTR!).

Does anyone have any insight? Are they prepping the film for a 2003 release to coincide with it's 70th anniversary? I'd sure love to know!

--Dan

Richard Carnahan

Stunt Coordinator
Are they prepping the film for a 2003 release to coincide with it's 70th anniversary? I'd sure love to know!

That was the plan, I believe. Warners is also prepping a DVD of THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD for its 65th anniversary next year.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
There is one out in R2 with a documentary from the 60th anniversary. I have no idea about R1 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks