1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

King Kong 1933 availability ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fred Galpern, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Fred Galpern

Fred Galpern Agent

I am about to purchase a region 2 copy of King Kong 1933 from amazon uk. Before I do, has anybody heard of this film being released for region 1 any time soon? Didn't Criterion do a beautiful laserdisc box for this years ago? I wouldn't mind waiting a few months but would rather not wait a few years.

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I think it's being worked on, but it won't be out any time soon. [​IMG] I want this so bad!

3. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

It is being worked on by Lowery Digital Images who brought us the gorgeous DVD's of Citizen Kane and North By Northwest.

Though it is possible it could be out this year, speculation is that it will come out next year for the 70th Anniversary.

4. Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen Second Unit

I have seen one R2 version, and the transfer was terrible. Sure, pristine quality is not expected, but this wasn't up to much. I'd wait.

5. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I have Criterion (just a single disc) LD.

It was done really well and has commentary tracks on the analog audio. maybe a box came out but I have never seen one.

Grant