What's new

King Creole (1958) (1 Viewer)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Still No Announcement ! ? March 17th is the supposed to be release date. Less than 2 weeks. No cover art, nothing. This does Not look good. : (

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Still No Announcement ! ? March 17th is the supposed to be release date. Less than 2 weeks. No cover art, nothing. This does Not look good. : (
Yeah, after the Loving You disappointment this would really be a bummer. ImportsCds even had the UPC code, etc. up when they had KC for pre-order and then pulled the title a couple weeks later.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Seems like retailers either jumped the gun before Paramount officially announced it and Paramount has delayed the release, or retailers mistook a different type of listing for the film as a BD release.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Looks like good news! New release date in April 21, 2020

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...res-launches-paramount-presents-label.365908/

screen-shot-2020-03-10-at-12-21-37-pm-png.69586

Last edited:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Now it's Official ! : ) It's about time Paramount ! Bring on those 1950's Vistavision classics ! The Greatest Show on Earth (1952) Best Picture winner should definitely be coming now. : )

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
Sounds like this one is a little better than To Catch a Thief was, but it does seem that the Paramount Presents line is off to a bit of a rough start. Here’s hoping the studio gets it together on these.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sounds like this one is a little better than To Catch a Thief was, but it does seem that the Paramount Presents line is off to a bit of a rough start. Here’s hoping the studio gets it together on these.

I don't know, I just know that the 4K/Dolby Vision digital on iTunes looked gorgeous on my LG OLED back in February when I bought it for $4.99.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I don't know, I just know that the 4K/Dolby Vision digital on iTunes looked gorgeous on my LG OLED back in February when I bought it for $4.99.
I have the disc. It looks pretty great to me. As Mr. Harris stated in another thread, it really does look like 8 perf, even thought it apprarently isn't. Has that Vista Vision clarity and three-dimensionality in terms of depth of field, and resolution and differentation between the actors and the other objects in the frame. The black & white is the quality of the mocha sundaes I used to get in the Bronx at the bus stop on the way to Freedomland when I was 12. Rich grey scale, deep blacks, but I didn't see any crush. The grain looked so natural I was curious, so I froze a frame, got real close and peered into the surface. Like Mr. Harris, I noticed the grain was inconsistent, especially in the faces; so there must have been some kind of grain reduction going on, but you can't really tell. I mean, who is going to start freezing frames in the middle of one of Elvis' greatest and most involving films? I did, but before I started watching it in earnest. It looks like the real deal, and that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks