What's new

King Conan Dead! (1 Viewer)

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
:thumbsdown:
Who's running Conan Properties? The Keystone Kops?
(I noticed Marvel's Stan Lee's company acquired Conan Properties... what the?!)

Good news!
King Conan is not so dead after all!
TheARNOLDFANS.com:
Considering TheArnoldFans' online petition will have gathered a fast approaching SEVEN THOUSAND signatures to keep John Milius and Arnold attached to King Conan, wouldn't you think Fred and Theo from Paradox would attempt to make last year's biggest wrong a right?
Wouldn't Paradox, the company that owns Conan character rights, like to come forward and address the thousands of angry protestors if they still would like Conan to be "a kinder gentler Conan" reminiscent of the PG-13 "Scorpion King"?
NEVER BEFORE has a petition gathered so many supporters for a non-political issue. It's almost silly to think this petition will obtain 10,000 signatures this year but the fact is - this unprecedented show of support proves it is not silly at all. It is what Conan and movie fans want and demand. We obviously will not stand for a new teen-Conan departing from Milius's bloody and epic visions.
Now here comes the big surprise: TheArnoldFans.com has heard from a top source that if, no, I should say WHEN the petition does reach 10,000 - the biggest newspaper publications are already in talks and agreed to write in their columns on our soon-to-be history making petition! This will obviously push media attention to top levels and once accomplished anyone who defies the will of the fans will forever be as admired as thieves and traitors.
We are also told that as soon as the petition reaches 10,000, chances of WB giving King Conan to Arnold as his next film project will be GREAT! Imagine the Schwarzenegger high of having Arnold follow-up T3 with King Conan! Imagine having Arnold sitting on top of his Hollywood mountain once again!
We leave it up to Fred and Theo from Paradox to answer the fans and tell us what is going on. IS Arnold and Milius going to reunite? No more BS, skirting and sidetracking! Nearly 7,000 fans (soon to be 10,000) await your answer.
If you have not already done so, Sign the King Conan petition NOW!
Thanks for your support!
TheArnoldFans.com

Sing the petition here >>

Luis S

Supporting Actor
God willing this helps the cause but all to often in this watered down world of ours movie studios do go for soft crap like xXx or Scorpion King. Mand I miss those days when I got to see movies like Commando or the original Conan.They werent high art (well maybe Conan :D ) But they were a hell of alot more deserving of my money than the crap they put out now :angry: Stuff like The Scorpion King gets to theaters while other movies with great potential like King Conan gets the shaft.I just dont get it! :angry: Please Crom make this so!Let Conan live on as king!:D
Luis S

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
#7662.
Arnold must be a part of this movie, or by Crom, I will take all the women and crush my enemies with one hand!

JohnE

Supporting Actor
7666! Damn I hope this rings a warning bell for these guys, that "kinder and gentler" is not the way to go for Conan!

GaryEA

Second Unit
"Gentler"? "The Scorpion King" as a template?
This is supposed to be Conan, right?
The latter was a weak spin-off of a film series that was really fun the first time, and passable the second. Kind of like the Conan movies.
If anything, "The Scorpion King" is the "Red Sonja" of the series; faintly trying to mirror what made the first film so brilliant, while going off in another direction. It failed.
And that's the template. Great. :rolleyes:
Oh, but a the world needs a kinder and gentler Conan (end sarcasm). We're talking about a barbarian, a man who would spill blood without hesitation. If they try to water him down, much like Tarzan has been for so many years, he ceases to be Conan the Barbarian, the Destoyer, the King.
As much as I'd love to see it made, I'm really happy right now that John Carter's adventures on Mars have not been trampled on by the Hollywood money machine.
I'm off to sign the petition...
Gary
EDIT: #7805

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Hello guys. I'm representing "The Lucifer Franchise Corp." and we're looking for a more secure future in movies for the devil himself. We own all the rights, just ask our lawyers - uhm.. advocates!

Now about our new nicer template: we're thinking of a mixture of the Genie of Aladdin and Long John Silver. His, ahem, house - allright... Hell if you want... would be something like the Kremlin situated on a tropical island... or perhaps more like the White House...

No need to scare those children, eh?

We're inviting interesting parties to send us a proposal for some scripts. And suggestions for a cast. Will you please, also think of a proper first name of mr. Lucifer?

No, 'Bin Lucifer' won't do. 'Robin Lucifer' might be considered, however...

We already have a working title for the first film: Match for Lucifer!

Cees

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Anyone heard anything new about this? Seems to have disappeared into the Bermuda Triangle of film development.
With:
> a series of all-new hardcover Conan novels being published by Tor Books (starting this month with Harry Turtledove's Conan of Venarium),
> Dark Horse Comics reprinting Roy Thomas' and Barry Windsor Smith's Conan comics from the early 70s as well as publishing a new monthly Conan comic,
> and Robert E. Howard's original Conan tales seeing reprint this December (fully-corrected and restored from Howard's original manuscripts, BTW :) ) from Del Rey books...
the time is PERFECT for a new movie!
Ahnuld needs to forget about politics and start concentrating on what's really important in life -- like getting King Conan made!

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
Well, a couple of weeks ago Arnold was asked if he was going to retire after T3 in order to start a career in politics. He replied that it was too soon to talk about retirement, specifically mentioning that he was going to be starting Westworld soon and that the Wachowski brothers would be producing King Conan for him once the Matrix trilogy was completed. So Arnold specifically mentioned the movie as a definite upcoming project. Does that mean anything? Who knows. It's still getting mentioned, though, so that's something.
Personally, I think he should forget about Westworld, make King Conan, and then retire on that (hopefully) high note. Arnold never asks for my opinion, though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks