Kindred The Embraced DVD is missing a scene

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rollie, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Rollie

Rollie Stunt Coordinator

I know this disc has been out for a while, but I just noticed something. I recall when viewing this series on tape there was a scene in the first episode where Julian gave a speech at the wake of his grandchild. I remember it because that scene introduced Sasha to the show. So it couldn't be in any other episodes could it? Having viewed the first episode again last night, I found this scene to be missing. Anybody else notice this. Better still, has anybody else ever heard of this show? [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Hit pay-dirt with KDRT!
    Petition FOX and score The Adventures of Ford Fairlane on DVD!
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/001933.html
    [Edited last by Rollie on August 21, 2001 at 09:50 PM]

2. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Nice little series. Pity about the circumstances leading to its cancellation.
    I never saw it on TV but bought the DVD from word of mouth. If you read one of the reviews on Amazon someone mentions that the first ep was an alternate version.

3. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

I noticed that also when I watched it last year. Until now, I thought I had been distracted and missed it. Hmmmmm
    I don't remember what exactly was said/done in the scene, but SOMETHING about it must have left an impression on me.
    C

4. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Here's what I wrote for alternate versions spot under the imdb entry (spoilers for the pilot):
    The DVD edition of the pilot episode differs from the original broadcast and video editions: 1) The scene in which Sasha bursts in at August Octavius' funeral has been deleted. 2) The conclave meeting about Alexandra Serris' fate is now longer, featuring the primogens paying loyalty to Julian with a kiss to his hand and Julian warning Eddie that he will rip him apart if Eddie moves in on any other Kindred businesses. 3) At the very end of the episode, after Frank leaves Alexandra's with her locket, a new scene was added. It cuts to San Francisco Bay, the camera dives underneath the waves to show Alexandra's body. As the camera focuses in on Alexandra's face, her eyes suddenly open. The scene cuts back to Alexandra's faded rose garden where one bush comes back to life and produces a gorgeous red rose.