1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Kilpsch with Denon??

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by skip marr, Jul 4, 2004.

1. skip marr

skip marr Stunt Coordinator

I have seen and listended to the new Denon 3805. I would like to ask if anyone has matched a Denon AV with Klipsch speakers, and your opinion. Better yet, anhyone have the 3805 with Kilpsch and care to cooment?

Years ago I had HK with Klipsch and it was a good match. I switched to Yamaha and the result was linear and bright to me. Today I am hesitant from what I read over at the HK forum on their line, though I am still considering Yamaha as many say they have improved their audio.

Thanks for anyone's feedbacck.

2. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

I have a Denon 3802 with Klipsh RF3-2, RC3-2, and RS3-2 setup and it sounds great together.

3. charlie o

charlie o Stunt Coordinator

i have the same speaker setup as bobby t but with the 3803 and a svs pb2+. I dont think i could ask for a better sounding system. I think my combo is right on the money for the music i listen to and dvd's.

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Skip,

Have you considered NAD? For about the retail price of the Denon AVR-3805, you could get the NAD flagship receiver with a nice, torroidal transformer. I've heard the NAD driving Klipsch speakers before - very good sound.

5. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Denon 1804 teamed up with RB-75 mains, C-7 center, RB-35 surrounds and three SVS 25-31CS+'s. With a soft room Denon or HK ought to do very well for you from what I hear. Denon might be considered a little more aggressive but not bright.

6. Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan Supporting Actor

wait wait wait...

a denon 1804 with three SVS subs? is that a little unbalanced?

7. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

wait wait wait...

a denon 1804 with three SVS subs? is that a little unbalanced?
    __________________________________________________ ______

No not really but I can understand you questing it. I calibrate my three to the same level as you would with one. Flat to a +2db calibration. Admittedly I have a good amount of headroom but I like what it affords me.

8. Craig Chase

Craig Chase Gear Guru

Craig
    We have a Denon 5800 with Klipsch Belles,4 RB-5's and a CF-7... They work great.

9. don burns

don burns Auditioning

I have the Denon AVR 2802, Klipsch RB5 II fronts and Klipsch KSW-10 sub. It all sounds great. [​IMG]

--don

10. JimMAC

JimMAC Agent

Nothing wrong with the H/K and Klipsch match, what is nice about Klipsch speakers is the small amount of wattage they need to produce amazing sound. This allows you to drop back on the power of the amp and save some dough for the other necessities.