Killing Zoe R2

Discussion in 'DVD' started by ChristianB, Jun 3, 2004.

1. ChristianB

ChristianB Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone recommend a shop that sells this?

Great 3-Disc set!

Thanks!

Christian

2. Moz

Moz Agent

Hi,

TARENTINO is very well loved here in France... and lot of DVDs came out with KILL BILL. You can find KILLING ZOE special edition DTS, TRUE ROMANCE special edition DTS, RESERVOIR DOGS special edition DTS and NATURAL BORN KILLERS director's cut special edition DTS full rate.
    Here are the links.
    dvdzone2.com/dvd/detail.asp?id=130565
    dvdzone2.com/dvd/detail.asp?id=130936
    dvdzone2.com/dvd/detail.asp?id=130566
    dvdzone2.com/dvd/detail.asp?id=129785

3. Tan Ng

Tan Ng Stunt Coordinator

Moz, too bad Killing Zoe and From Dusk Till dawn DTS is PAL. I love those 2 movies

4. Moz

Moz Agent

Hi Tan,

You should buy yourself a PAL/NTSC DVD player !
    You can't imagine what you will find in Europe !!!

TAN READ THIS : i've checked KILL BILL R2 Japan and R2 French, and both feature DTS sound in english : there is NO WAY... the french edition is FAR FAR better in terms of sound presentation, more open, more bass, seems to be the exact sound heard in cinemas !
    Compared to the sound of the japan edition the french release sounds like HERO R3 ! It is DTS half rate, but the studio who did it here in france is THX approuved (the first and only one in europe !) and works really good... Worst buying a multizone DVD player in fact...

5. Tan Ng

Tan Ng Stunt Coordinator

Moz

I currently have Sony DVP-S9000 dvd player and I have it modified to play all regions. I love this player. It is the ES(high end) line of Sony and it produces the best video and audio. First I don't have enough shelf space for another dvd player and switch back and forth and second I can't watch any lower quality PAL/NTSC dvd player(a few hundreds dolllars) because the video and audio quality it produces may not up to my high standard expectation. The only thing I have to do is probably buy a new TV which can play both but this way is too expensive. I would love to be able to play Godzilla Superbit, From Dusk till dawn in DTS(French) and Killing Zoe DTS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I heard Pal DVD will play faster than NTSC around 4%. Is this correct, Moz? Does the PAL/NTSC dvd player do this?

6. Moz

Moz Agent

Tan,

So if i understand correctly, your problem is the TV not the DVD player, because your SONY can playback PAL DVDs ?
    European DVD players are able to play PAL or NTSC encoded DVDs.
    PAL DVDs are effectively playing 4% faster, witch is sometimes corrected and sometimes not (directly from the softs) !
    The best exemples are STAR WARS 1 and 2 (europe versions), that are THX and not corrected... a shame !
    For the TV problem, you should consider a videoprojector that can play both (i've got one and it switches automatically from PAL to NTSC...).
    PAL DVDs are a bit better defined in term of quality (more lines) and a bit more stable in colors.
    So you'll get a larger way to purchase your DVDs after that...

FROM DUSK TILL DAWN was dubbed in french DTS, witch is too bad for you i believe, but the old LD DTS sounds great to me !
    GODZILLA is a big winner, far more better than the DOLBY version you've got !!!

7. Tan Ng

Tan Ng Stunt Coordinator

Moz

You are right on. I modified my Sony dvd player and it can play both Pal or NTSC but just my TV can't play PAL. Thanks for the FROM Dusk till Dawn French DTS. I thought it was in English DTS

8. Jay Blair

Jay Blair Second Unit

You can get an external device that converts PAL to NTSC. Most though are crap. The only excellant one I'm familiar with is the iScan HD video processor, that will accept 576i/p (using composite, S-video, component or DVI) and output as NTSC at anything from 480p to 1080p, and it is beautiful at 1080i. The catch is it's expensive, retailing for $1500, though you should be able to find it for a lot less. I use my HD with a Panasonic RP91 and it allows me to take advantage of the higher 576 resolution of PAL.

9. Jay Blair

Jay Blair Second Unit

You can get an external device that converts PAL to NTSC. Most though are crap. The only excellant one I'm familiar with is the iScan HD video processor, that will accept 576i/p (using composite, S-video, component or DVI) and output as NTSC at anything from 480p to 1080p, and it is beautiful at 1080i. The catch is it's expensive, retailing for $1500, though you should be able to find it for a lot less. I use my HD with a Panasonic RP91 and it allows me to take advantage of the higher 576 resolution of PAL.

10. MichaelFresca

really good dvd. if it only had english subs on the french dialogue it would be perfect.

11. Moz

Moz Agent

Yeah... that is a shame, here in france we don't see the point of english subs, because we don't realise that english speaking people will be interested by our products !
    Too bad !

12. jason:g

jason:g Stunt Coordinator

Yes, DVD enthusiasts are interested in DVDs of different region, when the DVD is the best version...