Killing Zoe is great

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ben Rogers, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Ben Rogers

Ben Rogers Stunt Coordinator

I saw this movie on Super Station and I liked it so I ordered it from DVD planet, this remastered DVD looks very good and the sound is awesome with good music, great actors and funny. Any1 knows any similar robbing movies like this?
    Highly recommended and thumb up to Artisan [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. John Sturge

John Sturge Stunt Coordinator

Edited

3. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

I have not watched this in awhile, but it is one movie that I cannot really describe. I loved the second half of the movie, but I didn't really care for the first half. This is one movie that picks up steam as it goes along imho. Maybe it will be a movie that grows on me.

Regards

KrisM

4. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Agent

Roger said he's been trying to get his Director's Cut out for ages. He said it'll be released eventually, but probably only in France.

5. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

This is what I've tried to tell people ever since I saw the movie theatrically. I keep getting told I'm crazy... whatever. I love the movie, and am happy to see others getting into it.
    John, Roger fought hard to get the director's cut and I think he even had a commentary all ready for the dvd, but for some reason, he, Lawrence Bender and Artisan just couldn't get it done. As for this making Tarantino "the better friend", what the heck is that supposed to mean?? Aside from the fact that Tarantino hardly has anything to do with KZ (the extent of his creative input on the movie is nil; he put up some cash, hence, the Executive Producer credit.), why would Avary and Artisans' failure to come to an agreement have anything to do with Quentin? And, as little as Tarantino had to do with making KZ, he had even less to do with bringing KZ to dvd. I just fail to see how one can deduce that anyone is a "better friend" under such circumstances.
    Avary's Doman

6. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Agent

Some various commets made recently by Roger Avary about the DVD:

"Artisan was only going to release the old pan and scan version of "Killing Zoe" (the one in the VHS) until I launched an Internet campaign to force them to transfer the film widescreen. It wasn't until I released the email addresses of the Artisan video division executives that they begged me to "call off the dogs". At the end of the day, the only reason they released the film widescreen at all was due to the thousands of emails sent in by fans who vowed never to buy another Artisan DVD until they honored the desire for a widescreen transfer of the film (a publicity nightmare for a company preparing for a public offering). Sometimes, strongarm tactics are all that work. Sometimes. Again, I thank everyone who helped."

"You can blame greed on the part of Samuel Hadida and Artisan for your not getting a director's cut of "Killing Zoe". It will eventually happen, but not with my involvement unless someone delivers me an apology. BTW, I have never received profits of any kind from "Killing Zoe". I have long since stopped expecting them."

"My audio commentary does exist. But I pulled it from the DVD because Artisan wouldn't agree to my terms of useage, which were simple. I didn't want the audio commentary to be used for any other transfer of the film than that one which I had supervised, nor did I want my audio commentary edited or used in other media and out of context. They wouldn't agree so I pulled the recording."

"Cherif, unless I've been fed erroneous information Metropolitan Filmexport will be releasing the directors cut in France...and (this is the exciting part for North American "KZ" fans) possibly in French speaking Canada (which would mean a Region-1 code!). We'll see."

7. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Is this the same version of the DVD that you can get in the 2-pack along with Way of the Gun at Best Buy for $14.99?

Nevermind, I seem to only be able to locate one version of the DVD, so I guess that answers my question.

8. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Yes Kyle, there's just the one version of KZ, so far. I've never seen Way of the Gun, but if it's a good flick, then that is definitely a damn good buy. If Way of the Gun sucks eggs, then you may just want to pick up KZ, which can be had for around 10 bucks.

And thanks Chris for that wonderful news! My curiosity is extremely piqued... could you provide a link please?