What's new

Killing the Dead (1 Viewer)

ChrisV

Second Unit
Why do I always have to re-kill the dead? Or the undead? It seems like every game I play lately, I'm required to murder? hundreds of zombies. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, House of the Dead (duh), Diablo, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, even Halo. And now this new game Hunter. I'm reading the review for it and sure enough here we go again, fighting hordes of the walking dead.
Why can't the dead stay dead and let me go about my business? There are lots of other adversaries that I could be fighting: robots, aliens, Nazis, Orcs, politicians, the list goes on.
How did the slaughter of the living dead become popular in the first place? From a couple of B movies about zombies or is it a PC thing? It's OK for the kiddies to blow the hell out of them because they're already dead. How much more damage can they really do?
I guess this is just another symptom of the stagnation of the (mainstream) gaming industry. Play football or kill zombies, those are your choices. Blech. Now a football game where all of your players are living corpses, that's a million-seller right there!
Maybe the dead aren't the only ones who should be hunting for "brains".
;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Now a football game where all of your players are living corpses, that's a million-seller right there!
Didn't Atari do something like that for the Jaguar?

(Even though that's my standard response for any sort of goofy-sounding game idea, I think they actually did)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Brutal Sports Football. Came out on the Genesis, Amiga etc as well. Very good fun for its day.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Yeah, I see what you're saying...just about every "killing" type game involves either humans (GTA3), aliens (Halo), or monsters (RE, Diablo, etc.) Personally, I'd like to play a game where I could kill Smurfs. Can I get some of that, please??? I've been itching to line Brainy Smurf up in my sights for years.
How about a GTA series about Smurfs? You can go around driving a mushroom-mobile, whacking Hefty Smurf and his cronies, with the ultimate goal of becoming the NEW Papa Smurf and hooking up with Smurfette. Hot Damn, that is a million-seller if I ever heard one. GTASmurf. Why can't I get a job in the videogame industry??

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
To go along with SmurfTA3: the Gargamel Years, would be Smurf T & A.. Smurfette as a Booth Babe?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks