What's new

Killers From Space (1954) DVD (Restored Edition) (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just watched "The Killer Shrews" from Film Detective. It was interlaced, ringing throughout with some scene moving. Motion was very slow and a few scenes had the change reel black mark.

There was a very faint yellow horizontal smear across the frame. The picture was 1.37:1 and not 1.85:1 and the audio was clear.

They used a good source without print damage but did a lousy job in the transfer. Film ran 1:08:24.

Now here's the kicker, The SD of "The Return of the Killer Shrews" made in 2012 has as a bonus...a new HD transfer to SD in 1.85:1 of the original "The Killer Shrews!".

I have that on order from Amazon and will compare that one too.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Sadly, the pending deal fell through.

This edition is the best you can get. Use your zoom function to approximate the correct aspect ratio.

Mark McFurbin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Buggles
Bob Furmanek said:
Sadly, the pending deal fell through.

This edition is the best you can get. Use your zoom function to approximate the correct aspect ratio.

I'm very curious to know who the pending deal was with?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
So, what, we can't order a physical disc from Amazon? I couldn't find one, anyway. This trend is becoming alarming.

Mark McFurbin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Buggles

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
It looks to be the same print from Sinister Cinema, Even the audio is out of sync, like the Sinister Cinema 35mm print.

Mark McFurbin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Buggles
disctrip said:
It looks to be the same print from Sinister Cinema, Even the audio is out of sync, like the Sinister Cinema 35mm print.

Didn't seem to be out of sync when I watched it. I have a friend who bought the SC release and I had him check and he confirmed the SC release has a bug in the beginning credits (the SC logo). This version does not, so it would appear SC sourced there release from this DVD.

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Mark McFurbin said:
attachicon.gif
VVpBzPIRTcIQ.jpg

Front cover.

That cover scene is really cool, IMHO. Looks like it is probably a reproduction of poster art created to promote Killers From Space.

Really appreciate you sharing that with us, Mark.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
disctrip said:
Are you looking at the digital copy linked to on the product page? If so, that *is* the Sinister Cinema version. The remastered one is this one. I've not watched it yet but it looks to be completely different than the "free" for Prime streaming version. You have to search for it or use that link as it's not linked from the remastered DVD version page (how stupid is *that*?!?).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mike Boone said:
Really appreciate you sharing that with us, Mark.
I also appreciate this. What I don't appreciate is the rather condescending remark added to my post,

"I don't understand how people aren't able to find the DVD we are discussing. I posted a direct link to it on the VERY FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD. There is absolutely no searching necessary."

Except, Mark, that i did try your link,and from the "VERY FIRST ;POST OF THIS THREAD" but for whatever reason it did not work for me, thus my question. It might work for me now, but I have already found and purchased this from Amazon. There are many reasons why computer-related procedures have temporary glitches that are no fault of the user. To paraphrase your comment, I don't understand why people aren't able to understand that. ;)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Dick said:
I also appreciate this. What I don't appreciate is the rather condescending remark added to my post,

"I don't understand how people aren't able to find the DVD we are discussing. I posted a direct link to it on the VERY FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD. There is absolutely no searching necessary."

Except, Mark, that i did try your link, and from the "VERY FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD," but for whatever reason it did not work for me, thus my question. It might work for me now, but I have already found and purchased this from Amazon. There are many reasons why computer-related procedures have temporary glitches that are no fault of the user. To paraphrase your comment, I don't understand why people aren't able to understand that. ;)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
John Sparks said:
Come on, any body else buy and watch this?
Not yet but it's on my "Purchase soon" list. Part of me is hoping for a slightly lower price since it's MOD (I have major issues paying pressed prices for MOD product) but I also have several titles I want more to pick up first. Hopefully by Christmas...

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I did buy the "restored" streaming version that Amazon offers (for all of $2.50) and it is much better than the free one it has. I think that'll do for me.

Real Name
Yugo
That review does not apply to this particular release.

Amazon has all of the reviews mixed for different releases by different companies. So the customer has no idea what review is for what release. It has been like this since the beginning and is very confusing. It really needs to be fixed.

YES to this!

Real Name
Yugo
Hi Bob,

Sorry no sign of a distributor anywhere to be found on the artwork.

This is the exact copy I have (I think - artwork looks exactly the same) and yeah no real details re: distributor but it is a good quality print, best I've come across anyway. I got mine at the annual Fire Dept. community yard sale fundraiser here, so cheap I felt guilty taking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks