What's new

Killer deals on Crest Amps and other gear!!! (1 Viewer)

Greg P

Stunt Coordinator
www.audioeast.com
I just bought a B-stock Crest LT-1000 for about $415
(LT-1000 retails for around $750 I think)
The brand new LT-1000 are $469(even cheaper than advertised)
All orders also have FREE SHIPPING!!!
This guy is real friendly and will work with you, and I havent found an online dealer anywhere that will match his prices.

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator
I heard this amp driving a blueprint 1503 sonotube over at ThomasW's place the other day. Liked it so much I ordered on for myself & am selling my SVS to build my own blueprint sonosub (ThomasW is helping me to do it, for which I am very grateful). 1300 watts bridged in to 4 ohms should be plenty of power to push the 1503 to insane levels in my apartment. . .

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Greg
List for the LT-1000 is $560
I was quite impressed with PeteG's LT-1000
Found a deal on a slightly used one from http://www.lentines.com $280 ea with a full warranty.
But after speaking to Lentines pro sound manager I became concerned. He said the 2 they were selling off were the last of the second production run. All the others they purchased were returned to Crest due to design flaws that were causing a high failure rate. Lentines couldn't fix the problem at their service dept so the entire order was returned to Crest.
I'm wondering if this is an issue with them being driven hard for long periods of time. So possibly this wouldn't be a major issue when used in the relatively benign environment of HT.

Greg P

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas,
Are you sure that is list? I saw many vendors advertising $599 and prices in the $600 range.
Link Removed claims retail price is $739

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

I called Lentine & the guy I talked to said that these particular units were not, in fact, units that did not get returned to Crest, but rather were refurb's from Crest. I guess Crest has fixed whatever the problem was on that particular run of amps & is releasing them back to vendors as refurb items to be sold at a pretty big discount. . . The guy I talked to knew about these amps right off hand & said that there was some confusion about them initially, but that they were in fact refurb's & carried the full warrantee. . .

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Tyson

That's good news. The info I got was from John Davidson he's the sales manager at the Akron store. They have a second store in Cleveland

Called Lentines this AM and ordered a LT-1000 for Joey. They weren't sure if there were anymore available.

Getting a new Crown K2 for $980 this morning. Will be using it to power 'TubeZilla".

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator
Sooo, if I borrow "Tubezilla", does that mean I get to borrow the Crown too :D

TedO

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure on how the Samson and Crest compare head to head, there specs look similar.

Anyway there are two Samson S1000 factory refurbs on sale on Ebay from an actual dealer. The buy it now price is $335. I bought one of these the last time they offered one and I am very happy with it, I won the bid at $299.

TedO

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Just to let everyone know, the Crest LT-1000 is known to have a problem. I have one (from Lentines) and it is being returned to the factory because of a problem with a channel failure. Supposedly it only happens on the 1000 model, but the salesperson said that they were shipping a bunch back to the Crest factory for warranty repair. It is a great amp, but I wanted everyone to know about this possibility.

JP

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Anthony
The Mars Music store near me is closing. They have a pair of K-2's for $980ea. Unfortunately they wouldn't give me a better price if I bought both :frowning:
Tyson
Well maybe :)

A

Anthony_Gomez

Thomas...that is the same price/place I got mine=).....I normally don't like to see a store closing..but when it lends me a K2 at that price...well :)

Greg P

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas,

Lenintines quoted me $350 + shipping on rental LT-1000's for sale. I got the guy at audioeast to lower his price a bit. Thanks for the info. The guy at audio east told me that his Crest rep said there were about 100 LT-1000 with a ribbon wire problem that were refurbished. All of the ones being produced now are OK I guess.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Greg

Cool. ......

They seem like very nice amps. The one Pete brought over was very well built and seemed to be a steal for the price. As quiet as the fan is, these amps are a not brainer for sub use if they prove reliable.

I'm going to check out a LT-2000 for a different project.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks