What's new

Killer 6 inch. (1 Viewer)

DanWiggins

Second Unit
It's a fun little thing...:) And yes, it does move 4" peak to peak, linearly. Sweeps a heck of a lot of air!

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Man that thing is movin I can't wait to get my hands on a pair! Any ideas when it will be available for sale, my Tumult needs some siblings?

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Oh, it has both a spider and a basket! In fact, the spider (a variant of the same approach as used on our Parthenon driver) is what allows it to really work properly. The basket is the tube; a mounting flange is on the top of the tube for mounting into a cabinet.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
And I have to say that the Spider/Surround on this new motor
is just plain F-U-N-K-Y! It's so odd watching it work when
you are used to the typical pleated spiders :)

:emoji_thumbsup:

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Where is the Adire Extremis? I have heard much hype about it but I have not yet seen it, and I thought we were supposed to see pics from CES.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i wonder if you will find the 6 in the diy kits soon. gr reaserch uses the same tweet as in the threat linked to i wonder if they will upgrade to the new woof?

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Hi all,

The Extremis 6 does exist, and was playing at CES. First implementations are custom models for Exodus Audio. There will be some DIY units rolling out this Spring.

And yes, per Dr. Klippel's own measurements made at CES (he was measuring drivers in the Seas room) it does have 11.5mm one way excursion, T/S parameters identical to the Scan Speak 8545, and frequency response flat to 5 kHz...;)

Other XBL^2 enabled drivers will be rolling out throughout the year.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Mark Krawiec

Agent
Do I see a pre order coming on these 6" drivers?

Really, these would be perfect in an ML TQWT since the driver Sd determines the overall crossectional area. This would allow a small footprint 2 or even 3 way to have extraordinary bass. All the advantages of a TL in a small package.

I want one.:)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm waiting for one. I want several. I want customers for speakers made with them. I want a blonde. I want the winning lottery numbers for tonight. I want...
Oops! Got carried away.
As I told Dan regarding the Parthenon, I'm impressed!:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks