Kill Bill: Volume 2

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kevin Porter, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

Well with the new year coming and the new teaser up here (just go the the Vol. 2 section) I thought a pre discussion thread would be timely. Reportedly QT has only edited 40% of the flick and for that and some other reasons the release date has been moved from Feb. 20th to April 16th. This was confirmed by Uma Thurman on the View (God help us when our primary source of news is the View). I am disappointed but I will give QT as much time as he needs to finish his masterpiece. And after Kill Bill we've got his war epic(s) and an airplane thriller with John Travolta and Pam Grier to look forward to (here's a link to the red-hot discussion thread I started on it). So enjoy the brief but enticing teaser which promises that this volume will be "The Love Story".

2. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Supporting Actor

Dennis
    awww crap! I have to wait until April for my KB2 fix?? Oh well...if he needs time to make it as good as it can be...no problem. I'll have to watch the teaser when I get home from work tonight though, can't wait!

This is probably my most anticipated film of 2004! [​IMG] (and KB1 turned out to be THE MOVIE of the year for me anyway...and after all of my early worries and doubts!)

-Dennis

3. Nick C.

Nick C. Second Unit

Heck, might as well move it to Thanksgiving or later to increase its chances for Oscar nods.

4. Haggai

Haggai Producer

Too bad that the wait will be (at least) two months longer than I thought it would be for Vol. 2. Good thing that whatever QT's next project turns out to be, it doesn't appear that we'll have to wait six years for it. Although KB V.1 was definitely worth a long wait in my book, so QT and his colleagues can take their time and make sure the second one is as good as it can be, which I have no doubt they're doing.

Does anyone know what happened to the official KB posting board, killbillboard.com? It was extremely active, and I posted there for a little while after seeing the movie, but then it shut down. It's been "temporarily closed" for a couple of months now. Of course there are plenty of serious fans of the movie on this board, which I hadn't yet joined when I was posting on the official one, so it's not a big deal.

Random discussion points--chronologically speaking, Vol. 1 ended in California, after The Bride had knocked off Vernita. Will Vol. 2 just start right there? I know that at least some, or maybe most, of Vol. 2 takes place in China, so is that where she'll be going to find Bill? I suppose my guess is that the first big scene of Vol. 2 will be a showdown with Elle Driver.

Also, regarding the music, how much can we guess will be reprised in Vol. 2? Will it start with the perfectly chosen Nancy Sinatra song like in Vol. 1, or go in a completely different direction?

5. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

Any direct link to the teaser? This website claims I don't have flash 7 installed when infact, I do.

6. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

Make it as good as the first film, and I won't care about a delay. [​IMG]

7. Bill J

Bill J Producer

Hopefully the DVD release for Volume 1 is on schedule for February 3rd. I haven't seen any specs or artwork yet, so I'm getting a little nervous.

8. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

Travis: Are you using Netscape or IE? I was using Netscape, and it said the same thing, but IE worked fine.

Brian

9. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

The DVD has been postponed indefinitely as well, unfortunately. [​IMG]

10. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

The scenes in China are told in flashback, I believe. This is the Cruel Tutelage chapter where she reminesces about her training and her 2 inch punching ability. Very cool as written in the script.

11. Parris

Parris Stunt Coordinator

Is Gordon Liu playing a double role in this movie??

I know he is the General of the Crazy 88 but I remember someone telling me he is also the old guy with the long white beard we see The Bride training with in Vol 2.

12. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

Yes, Gordon is playing Pei Mei. The old white haired/bearded kung-fu master.

13. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Variety confirms that Kill Bill: Volume 2 has been moved to an April 16th release date. No word yet on if the film will be showing at Cannes.

The same article (which I cannot access but am channeling via the Coming Soon website) states that Volume 1 will hit DVD on April 13th.

Draw your own conclusions.