What's new

Kill Bill vol. 1 Japanese Version: Tell me about it (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Yessir, she does lose more bodyparts in the J version.

I borrowed the Japanese disc from a friend... it's solid. I'm gonna wait for the eventual release of it here though.

You can actually pick it up at most Virgin Megastores for around $49.99 (the cheaper route would be www.yesasia.com)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Amazon.co.jp charge $36 inc delivery (if you have an Amazon.com account, you can use them, just click the same buttons you do on the US site).

Bear in mind you'll have to switch the subtitles on for the segments in Japanese.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Amazon.co.jp charge $36 inc delivery (if you have an Amazon.com account, you can use them, just click the same buttons you do on the US site).

Bear in mind you'll have to switch the subtitles on for the segments in Japanese.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Lasersedge.com has it also, but you have to email them for it. I don't think its on their site. They definitely have it in their retail store for $39.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Lasersedge.com has it also, but you have to email them for it. I don't think its on their site. They definitely have it in their retail store for $39.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
No, I would recommend the japanese keep-case editions and buy the aluminum case that Paul Champagne has done for the Kill Bill series. You can fit three dvds in it, so there is room for all episodes in one box. He has two cases, one that looks like the japanese box and one that also has stills from the two movies on the artwork. He also has a Tarantino case for all Tarantino´s movies.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
I bought my R2 Japanese version from www.thedvdetective.com
a great site for ordering R2 and R3 discs by simply paying US dollars for it having it shipped from Colorado, rather than Japan or somewhere in Asia. I ordered it on a Thursday and it arrived less than a week later, not bad considering I also happen to live on Vancouver Island! A great site to be sure, I highly reccommend it to anyone.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Moz

Agent
Hi everybody,

I've got the R2 japan version and tried the R2 french version lately...
The French version (apart from the extended cut only available in japan) has a better image and a stunning DTS track ! Far far better sounding than the Japan version !
I haven't tried R1 and R2 UK DVDs, but if Mark_MC is right (and i believe he is)... they are all about the same.

So, if you've got 20 box to loose... try the French edition, you won't believe what you'll hear (more bass, more dynamics, more surround activity and ultra natural voices !)
It's the French THX licended studio (the only one outside US) called "MASTERY INTERNATIONAL PICTURES" who did the encoding and these guys are good !!!
Believe me !!!

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Moz, how are the subtitles on this? Can english subs be turned on for just the Japanese parts?

Thanks,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks