What's new

Kill Bill: "The Whole Bloody Affair" 4 discs (1 Viewer)

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor

You missed the point.

For those of us who have moved on to the next format, this is no news at all.
It will be a rental at best.

If this was released when it should have been (3 years ago), it would have been a must buy.

Now, I don't care if they delay it another 5 years.

Still, I'm not sure why they wouldn't release it on HD since the studio supports the format.

scarabus

Grip
Real Name
Jim
The 'whole bloody affair' cut has been in the can for awhile. It played at Cannes last year and in Austin back in Oct.. Quentin had held off working on the special edition to take a breather from the whole Kill Bill experience. They could have released a movie-only DVD of the extended cut, then this SE would be a triple-dip.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Exactly my point Doug! (though you said it much more clearly).

Weinstein didn't gain any customers with this move. Everyone in this thread who says they are buying...would you not have bought this 2-3 years ago? So really there is no gain by them sitting on a finished product for years. Yet a few of us, like Doug and I, grew disenchanted in waiting, and moved on to the HD formats. So by us not purchasing, a customer is indeed lost. And yes, I shamelessly admit I would have double or triple dipped in this (and probably even bought the original releases). As it is, Weinstein, Miramax, et. al. have $0 from me with regards to Kill Bill, when they could have easily had over $100.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Better yet, maybe you should wait for SuperDuperHHHD before buying it, or perhaps PolkaDotRay or 3-D-DVD? :D

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I own a Blu Ray player, and i have to say my SD DVD buying has not slowed at all. I will buy this, and i will buy any DVD thats priced right. Unlike $35 bare bones Blu Ray discs.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I know you put a smiley to make it sound like a joke, but this has nothing to do with "waiting for a better format" [the underlying sentiment behind your smiley]. It's the fact that Weinstein and Co. had this in the can for several years and sat on it for apparently no good reason.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

"No good reason"? It's their business. Anyway, enough of this -- I'm thrilled I'll finally be getting this version, and there's nothing else to say, really. And I wasn't joking with my smiley, I was quite serious.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Why is everyone tripping about this not coming to HD formats? In the HD software section, Kill Bill is on the TBA list of upcoming titles, so it's definately on the way. Much like Trading Places, with the same special features on both standard, and HD release, I'm sure the Blu-ray version won't be a bare bones release. Why on earth would it be?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

Tarantino has been quite busy the past couple of years so I'm sure his attention was with DEATH PROOF and not just doing extras for this DVD release.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Ya's fancy pants, all a ya's.
I want mine on VHS."

:laugh:

"The 'whole bloody affair' cut has been in the can for awhile. It played at Cannes last year and in Austin back in Oct.. Quentin had held off working on the special edition to take a breather from the whole Kill Bill experience. They could have released a movie-only DVD of the extended cut, then this SE would be a triple-dip."

Yea QT had made a statement about a year or so ago, that he was Kill BIll'ed out and needed a breather and to expect this in about a years time.Even thought the cut was done, I would guess they needed his involvement for extras.

About the HD talk - the studios REALLY need to start getting the SD and HD versions out on the same dates.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
If the wait results in good features and a commentary, thne awesome. It's not like there hasn't been other releases while we waited for this.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor

Mine has all but stopped.
Unless it is a great deal on a TV season set, I'll happily rent the SD DVD and watch it upconverted.
I save my money to support the format (HD or BD, either one).

If this doesn't get released at the same time as the SD, I see it as a deliberate move to get people to double dip later.

I'm also proud that I never once bought any version of Kill Bill. I knew they were going to do this one day and they wouldn't get my money until it was properly released (or at least uncut).

Mike*Sch

Stunt Coordinator
I'm BD and HD, but seeing as how KILL BILL is the best movie ever made, I'll be first in line to purchase this thing, no matter the format.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Righty-O! I'd feel like a complete idiot buying this on SD knowing that when the HD version comes out (after a few months) I'd end up buying it yet again. Especially at a $50 MSRP - for SD?!! Fuck that shit. I've double/triple dipped enough over the years on SD so for me to buy it again it'll have to offer the significant PQ upgrade that only the HD formats can offer.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Last I heard, it was getting released on Christmas Day. I saw some photos of the packaging from Comic-Con. Don't recall where though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks