What's new

KILL BILL: The multiple versions thread (6 from Miramax; Japanese, SEs, etc.) (1 Viewer)

Gregory E

Second Unit

Yes, I knew you were talking about the teaser at the end of Volume 1. Maybe it's just me, but I like it in there and would probably leave it in the new cut. For me, it adds to the buildup of what is to come in the second half of the movie.

But QT is my boy....so if he decides to cut it, I won't be too upset.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member

Huh? I thought that Disney was keeping the Miramax film library and name, just that the Weinstein brothers were leaving. What am I missing -- does QT know stuff I don't, or is Kill Bill in a special category, or is he just making shit up?

Ted

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson

A year or so ago Tarantino said in an interview that he himself owns the rights to the combined cut of Kill Bill. Disney owns the separate volumes.

I'm guessing the real reason is that now that the Weinsteins are going independent they're going to need some quick cash, so they decided to wait to release it until they were off the Disney payroll.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

Therefore, hopefully, they will not spend any money on EE!;-)
Or, high frequency filtering, or pan & scam, or any other garbage that would slow up the project & cost them cash.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

He misspoke. He was using the term "Miramax" to refer to the Weinsteins. He shouldn't have. He should have said the name of the Weinstein's new company.

That's my estimation of the situation. tion.

James Costin

Agent
Does anyone know what the latest info/situation is regarding the Kill Bill Special Edition DVDs?

I have held off from buying these two titles due to the prospect of better versions coming out fairly shortly afterwards. The last rumour I heard was around August 2005, but news seems to have gone quiet recently.

Any info appreciated folks. :)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
After browsing this thread, I'm glad I held off on the Vol. 2 purchase. I can't wait for the Whole Bloody Affair to come out!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there rumor of a QT S.E. director's set at one point that would contain all his 2-disc releases... Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, etc?

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
"Wasn't there rumor of a QT S.E. director's set at one point that would contain all his 2-disc releases... Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, etc?"

Yes. I thought this was supposed to come out last Christmas. Maybe the backlash they recieved about their "many bites out of the apple" remark made them cut back on the number of different releases.

Also, Reservoir Dogs wouldn't be in such a set, since it's not Miramax.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Miramax was able to get the "Reservoir Dogs" trailer onto the "Kill Bill Vol. 1" DVD, so there may be a slight chance that they could get it in a box set.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Not looking good...

From today's IGN MAILBAG ...

I was wondering if there has been any further word on the "special editions" of the Kill Bill movies? It was bad enough that they didn't tell us about the special editions when the original releases came out, but as far as I have seen there have been no details on the special editions at all. What gives? Are they saving these for Blu-Ray or something?

-Matt

As recently as today we learned that the proposed special-edition release DVD of Kill Bill Volumes One and Two has been postponed indefinitely. We think this might have something to do with Miramax's recent departure from the auspices on Disney (the Weinsteins consider Tarantino the centerpiece of their crown jewels); but we'll let you know as soon as we hear the final word.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
A story in today's Variety about an alliance between the yet-to-be-named Weinstein company and Palisades Entertainment mentioned the lineup of films that they plan to release or have in development, and one of them was KILL BILL: NC-17. So while there's no date, it's a good sign that they fully intend to release the complete long version soon.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Funny how this thread went from complaining the SE's hadn't been announced early enough, to the SE's have not been released soon enough. Lot's of angry fans of w/KB.
Wonder when the, not announced when the SD DVD was released, HD version is coming?

Would the "NC-17" version be the Cannes version?

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

It could just be the Japanese cut of Kill Bill v.1.

They'll probably want to ges some mileage out of that version before doing the combined version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks