Kill Bill R3 help

Discussion in 'DVD' started by James Lambert, May 25, 2004.

1. James Lambert

James Lambert Stunt Coordinator

I've tried a search, but came up blank. CD-wow are selling the R3 version of Kill Bill for £5.99. As there will inevitably be a boxset of this at a later date I wasn't going to bother, but for that price it can keep me happy till the next release. I know that it is the theatrical cut (has the B+W sequence), but I can't remember if it had the english subtitles intact for the Japan sequences. Can anyone help me?

2. James Lambert

James Lambert Stunt Coordinator

Sorry, should have done the really slow search. Apparantly it has no subtitles,and I assume no burned ins. please feel free to delete this thread

3. Jacob_isham

Jacob_isham Stunt Coordinator

yep, i have the R3 version cause i was attracted by the cheap price, and there are no english subtitles for the parts that are in japanese. Which is really quite annoying as this film has quite a lot of japanese conversations in it that go on for quite a long time. I can't recommend the R3 version of this film to english speaking people for this reason. In this case, it's better to spend a little more and get the R1 or R2 version. In future, i will be checking that a film doesnt have foreign language conversations in it before buying the R3 version.