kill bill r2,3

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Elbert Lee, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Elbert Lee

Elbert Lee Supporting Actor

I'm a bit confused. I understand that this dvd has been delayed till April. However, no mention of it was made for R2 or R3 and some foreign websites still show it as a Feb. release. Any confirmation of this release date would be appreciated!

2. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

I wish I could help you Elbert, but this is the first I've heard that KIll Bill is still set for Febuary. By the way, does anyone know if the region 3 release will include the end fight sequence in full color, as it played theatrically? If I could buy it that way, and earlier than here, in a region 3 version I won't hesitate![​IMG]

3. Elbert Lee

Thanks anyways - I've put some inquiries, but there seems to be some kind of cover up out there on other regions for this disc. I don't know too much about the extras, but I suspect that if the R2 or R3 release is still due out in February, I'm certain that it will be a movie-only edition with very few in the way of extra materials.

4. Ushabye

Ushabye Projectionist

Paul
    Since the movie was passed by the censors in Japan with the color sequence, you can be sure the Japanese R2 DVD will be the same version IMHO.

5. david_shy

david_shy Agent

cd-wow.com shows the same realease date for both R1 & R2 (april 13th from memory)

6. Elbert Lee

does anyone know where the best place, online to order the R2 version?

7. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

I think anyone of the asian sites will be about the same price:

Amazonjp
    yesasia
    cdjapan

I think a site from thialand had a sale on the non-box set for about $25. try dvdfromasia some variation. You can run a search in the international sec at dvdtalk....I'm sure it will come up.

Ron

8. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Im worried that kill bill actually wont be released in april in my country! For example, we are region 2 but didnt get american wedding and swat dvds until a few days ago. I hope the same doesnt happen with kill bill.I looked at different greek dvd sites , but its not even in the coming soon section yet!![​IMG] So my question is, will this be a worldwide dvd release for april, or will certain countries take longer to get ?

9. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Im gonna wait until some reveiws come out so I can compare and see which one I want.

If the Japanese version is in fact uncut, its the one Ill go with.

10. Peter Svensson

Peter Svensson Second Unit

I can garantee you that the japanese version is uncut. It has been confirmed from many sources already.

11. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Thanks Pete!

12. Cassy_w

Cassy_w Second Unit

13. Albert Oh

Albert Oh Stunt Coordinator

From what I've heard, HK got the same uncut version of the movie that Japan did. DDDHouse doesn't list a running time for the dvd so I looked around at other sites and found what I think is the same dvd on Yesasia. It lists a running time of 107 minutes which is even shorter than the running time of the US version.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/prdTransfer...w/version-all/

14. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Cassy,
    I was just coming here to ask the same thing! I'd love to have word on the quality of transfer as well as if it is uncut/incolor. I believe they usually get the same thing as Japan, just hoping to get a confirmation....

15. Cassy_w

Cassy_w Second Unit

Someone at dvdtalk.com says it is uncut, so I think we are OK. Now we just have to wonder if they will have the same quality mastering as the Japanese DVD release.

16. RobD

RobD Second Unit

I just preordered the Japanese "Premium Box." If anyone does want details I'll post here as soon as I get it.

The site I ordered from showed 16th April as the Street Date.

17. Mike_Black

Mike_Black Extra

Where did you preorder from? I ordered mine quite a while ago..but I heard that they were not accepting anymore orders, and it has bene 'sold out' for quite a while

18. RobD

RobD Second Unit

I have not used the importer I ordered from before but they seem to update theyre listings when they thinks things are unavailable (eg. Alien Head). Im slightly skeptical of recommending a company I have not used before.

19. Peter Svensson

Peter Svensson Second Unit

Order it from CD-WOW instead. Cheap (£10, about $18) and free delivery and it´s the uncut japan version. Althought there seems to be no english subtitles.

I don´t think the picture quality is worse than the japanese edition, at least not on a big title as this one. I have many korean titles with excellent picture quality.

http://www5.cd-wow.com/detail_result...uct_code=10734

20. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

The Hong Kong edition, unlike the more expensive Japanese edition, has English subtitles, which all but assures me that the films Japanese dialogue will be translated into English subs, something I'm told WON'T be happening on the Japanese disc. This makes the already cheap price of the HK disc even more appealing. And let's face it, the majority of people at HTF who even bother with one of these early imports will probably still double dip for the deluxe version that's sure to come out down the road, so why not get the cheaper HK version for now since its likely to be a decent transfer? (I say this because I've got quite a few US films on HK dvds and the picture quality is usually as good, or nearly as good, as the US versions, moreso on new release titles). Especially considering the "extras" on the Japanese deluxe editions are little more than add-ons like shirts and toys that don't really enhance the movie experience itself.