What's new

Kill Bill Dvd 2/3 04 (1 Viewer)

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the quick response Rob! I'll keep an eye out for your announcement. Just another dumb question: I went Amazon.co.jp and clicked on the "In English" link. When I did a search for Kill Bill, everything on the screen comes up in Japanese except for the title. Is English translation limited to the home page only?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
AmazonJP is only english during the checkout process, it it can be kinda tough if you can't read kanji ;)

YesAsia and CDJapan's sites are entirely english though, which make it much easier for a non-Japanese speaker.

EDIT: Took a look at AmazonJP, the DVD isn't actually announced yet... but if you look over to the right of the screen, there is a blue box where you can sign up for email notification for when it IS announced.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Thanks again for the info, I'll sign up for Amazon's notification email. I hope they ship overseas as fast as their UK counterpart does!:emoji_thumbsup:

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Uh, don't you mean "movies?" Or is it just one movie, with a really, really long intermission?
No, he means "movie" - only one has come out so far. He couldn't really ask if anyone has seen the "movies," since it would be rather difficult for anyone on HTF to have seen Vol. 2 just yet.

DJ

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Has anyone heard anything about the specs?
If this is a vanilla release sans dts, audio commentary deleted scenes and so on. I think I will just wait for the mega SE with both films edited together!:emoji_thumbsup:

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor
I'm beginning to wonder if it's coming out on DVD in February at all. The lack of a press release and/or disc specs hasn't helped my faith that it won't get pushed back like the theatrical release for volume two (apparently April or later now). Miramax needs to step up and tell us what's going on with this franchise.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
A 2-disc release for half of a movie. That's hilarious. A sucker born every minute.
That's okay. To date, I've bought a 2-disc release and a 4-disc extended edition release for each of the first two-thirds of another movie, which shall remain nameless but whose initals are LOTR, and I plan on completing that trend next year.

I remain bemused by people who feel the need to denegrate other people for spending their own money as they see fit.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Since I just went code free, Im gonna pick up the japanese version.

Hopefully itll be released same time as the region 1.

I also read QT said hes releasing 3 versions - Vol 1 SE,Vol 2 SE,Complete Version with a new batch of extras not on the vol 1 & 2 releases(maybe a 3 disc package)

Hopefully, like PF and JB, a DTS track will be included.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
February 20th IS the release date for Volume 2 to hit theaters. I have no clue where this April rumor is coming from but you can check out the details here:

Kill Bill Vol.2 one sheet and release dates from Empire Movies

I think the poster is a little misleading both in the characters used and the tagline at the bottom stating how this is Quentin's fifth movie...shouldn't this still count as the fourth?

At the bottom of the page there are links for a trailer to Volume 2, in Japanese. I can't check these links out for myself so I can't verify anything.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
The rumor came directly from Uma (with Ben Affleck promoting Paycheck) on an interview on the View from last week (Weds/Fri?). She said KB2 will be released on April 16, contrary to the Feb date. Who knows, she could be wrong but you'd think she would know. But I won't go on as this may be considered a thread crap.

I'm waiting for the super-duper deluxe set. I'm not into the multiple release purchase but I do support having both as long as they don't overlap features. It's great for the collector and those who only want a "slimer" and cheaper option.

I'll probably rent KB1 before seeing KB2 just to refresh my memory and see what's on the SE before deciding on which version to buy.

Bob

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I doubt this is coming out in February at all. I can't even find a site other than Amazon that has this up for pre-order. To date, there has been little to no word or marketing about the release which is supposed to come out in just a little over a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks