Kill Bill 1 and 2 back to back screenings?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Bob Movies, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Bob Movies

Bob Movies Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if there's a list online of theatres that will be playing Kill Bill volume 1 and Kill Bill volume 2 on April 16? I only saw V1 one time, and I'd like to see it again before I see V2.

I know it's coming out on DVD, but watching it on my 27" TV doesnt' really compare to seeing it in the cinema.

If anyone knows of such a screening (especially in the Toronto area, since that's where I live!) please let me know! I'm sure that a lot of other people would be interested in seeing both the movies back to back.

Bob

2. Chris Parham

Chris Parham Stunt Coordinator

Hi Bob,
    I'm not sure that there will be any theaters doing this as I undersatnd a huge part of the motivation for splitting the film up was the opportunity cost in charging only one admission for that much screen time! I agree with you on the need to see this one large though.
    The DVD for Vol 1 is AMAZING! I watched it last night on my front projector rig and was totally blown away by the picture and sound. I just finished watching it upstairs with my wife on our smaller RPTV with no sound system and it was a very different experience.

Maybe some theaters will try this with double admission?

3. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

I've been told (by one of the theater's programmers) that the Seattle CINERAMA will show part 1 before part 2.

When people say that it's so much better to see a movie on "the big screen", the CINERAMA screen is what they're referring to. [​IMG]

4. Paul Linfesty

Paul Linfesty Stunt Coordinator

But won't the theatre's regular(flat) screen be used for this screening?