What's new

Kieslowski Box Set? (Three Colors Trilogy) (1 Viewer)

Peter_C

Auditioning
I was just alerted to a DVD release of Kieslowski's Three Colors Trilogy in France R2, which I am dying to have on DVD!
http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005BEXR
Does anyone know if this will have English subtitles? I did some research and it's supposedly 4 discs, with one disc filled with bonus materials. I just got the French R2 2-disc set of In The Mood for Love, and it's fantastic. English subtitles, beautiful transfer, chock full of extras. I'm not sure if it's the same company, but if it is, then it might be a good indication.
These are also going to be released in the UK by Artifical Eye. How is Artifical Eye's track record? Will the transfers be good quality? Will there be any extras?

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately my usual source of subtitle info, http://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/fiche.php3?id=4403
is not yet updated. But since it is not getting released until October 23, so there is plenty of time.
I don't pre-order from R2, so I'm patiently waiting for it to come out. I'll probably get the Kieslowski Box, two Truffaut boxes, In the Mood for Love, and a few other things all at the same time -- to save big on the shipping.
I just hope there are no problems with packages from abroad in the post WTC world.
Ted

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
According to the latest update in the Digital Bits' Rumor Mill, the Three Colors Trilogy is definitely in the works for an R1 release.
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks