What's new

Kidnapped ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I saw the pilot via DVD and forgot to watch the second episode last night, so I guess I'm out. Wasn't too bad though and as Patrick said the acting was top-notch. Certainly didn't grab me though.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Scott, check NBC's website. Last week they had the entire episode there, maybe they have this weeks.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I hope this show finds an audience. I've liked the two episodes I've seen. Both episodes felt like a complete story with a beginning, middle, and end, but it still advanced the macro story of the season. That's tough to do, but it makes good television.

Regards,

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

However, NBC has committed to airing all 13 episodes and they will supposedly wrap the show up so it should still be worth watching to the end.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Bad news. I liked this show. At least we should get to see it all play out with this familys situation.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Best new show of the season and of course the public watches Reality fare instead.
At least we get a finish.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Man, this is a tired refrain. Just exactly what unscripted show were people tuning to instead of Kidnapped? Its network competition is CSI: New York and The Nine; its main cable competition is South Park (is FX running anything on Wednesday right now?).

It's kind of a bummer that this show won't last as long as it could have, but that accusation is a non-sequiter.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Not to mention this is not the type of show HBO or Showtime would pick up.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I was mainly watching this show on the premise that, with Delroy and Jeremy involved, it couldn't possibly TOTALLY suck.
And up until last night, it was pretty much a collection of decent performances and a skosch of promise.
But last night's ep really hit a stride. Looks like they pulled the plug too quick.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Bad news! NBC has pulled the show off its schedule.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7231

I had a bad feeling that NBC would not keep their promise, just like it was with Just Shoot Me in its final season. Typical of Jeff Zucker.

So much for Saturday being a dumping ground for cancelled shows. All I can hope now, is that the episodes will be put on the NBC web site, or be released on DVD.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Crap! This is the only show besides Smith that really grabbed me.

The latest ep was terrific- it was really hitting its groove.

At least Las Vegas started again.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That's kind of silly, since you generally only hold people/things that someone cares about getting back as hostages. :D

Besides, NBC's not holding it hostage; there'd have to be some kind of demands. This is just cutting what is, sadly, dead weight.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Jason,
Why are you posting in this thread? And, now that one of my favorite shows is toast why don't you go bother the people in Dancing With the Famous. I won't run into you over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.